2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Rick12
October 25, 2014, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Appreciate the police have a difficult job to do and a vital one in society though at times like in any walk of life they will get things wrong. Personally wouldent like to do their job due to the stress they get from some quarters. Hence I once knew someone whos sister was in the police in London.Said she was a really nice women before joining but once joined changed due to the constant arguing she had with members of the public. Hence lets face it  they deal mainly with the unsavoury part of society and largely police will leave you alone if your a law abiding citizen.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
codcheeky
October 26, 2014, 2:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
Appreciate the police have a difficult job to do and a vital one in society though at times like in any walk of life they will get things wrong. Personally wouldent like to do their job due to the stress they get from some quarters. Hence I once knew someone whos sister was in the police in London.Said she was a really nice women before joining but once joined changed due to the constant arguing she had with members of the public. Hence lets face it  they deal mainly with the unsavoury part of society and largely police will leave you alone if your a law abiding citizen.

The police do themselves no favours whatsoever when they do get things wrong then try to cover it up or deflect the blame, only this week they have had to pay out £400,000 to a woman who had a relationship with a under cover cop, Was she a drug dealer? a terrorist? people trafficking? running a paedophile ring? NO she was campaigning against fox hunting , how much did this operation cost , is it what the civil police are for, who authorizes this?, this woman had a child and the cop just left and said nothing until it was uncovered nearly 20 years later , this is a moral disgrace, will anyone be even disciplined for this , of course not there are different rules for the police.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Rick12
October 26, 2014, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from codcheeky

The police do themselves no favours whatsoever when they do get things wrong then try to cover it up or deflect the blame, only this week they have had to pay out £400,000 to a woman who had a relationship with a under cover cop, Was she a drug dealer? a terrorist? people trafficking? running a paedophile ring? NO she was campaigning against fox hunting , how much did this operation cost , is it what the civil police are for, who authorizes this?, this woman had a child and the cop just left and said nothing until it was uncovered nearly 20 years later , this is a moral disgrace, will anyone be even disciplined for this , of course not there are different rules for the police.
Fair points.On the flip side though and I know its not often  families of police have it rough eg those lost in the line of duty not just here but abroad as well and probably more so in countries like Brazil,Africa.Like others have said they put themselves in the lives of possible danger of every day and I feel for the family of that policeman lost in the Broadwater farm riots in London in the 80s where no one has been brought to justice despite campaigns.Shows that in a ideal world justice should always be served though like you have pointed  out its not always the case as police have gotten away with things.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
codcheeky
October 26, 2014, 8:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
Fair points.On the flip side though and I know its not often  families of police have it rough eg those lost in the line of duty not just here but abroad as well and probably more so in countries like Brazil,Africa.Like others have said they put themselves in the lives of possible danger of every day and I feel for the family of that policeman lost in the Broadwater farm riots in London in the 80s where no one has been brought to justice despite campaigns.Shows that in a ideal world justice should always be served though like you have pointed  out its not always the case as police have gotten away with things.

I do not disagree with you on this, there are probably at least a 100 people who know who killed pc blakelock  and it is terrible no-one has been jailed for it.  What I am saying is that if the police want to be treated with special privilege they should stick absolutely to the law and admit straight away when they are wrong and discipline those responsibly in a proper manner, because they do not do this they lose a lot of respect.  The police are not trusted by large minorities in this country and this is not for no reason. If you are in the forces and you break the law or the rules you are dealt with very strictly and this should apply to the police as well..

With Harry Roberts , i have no time for him at all but will be seen as a sort of hero by some as alluded to in the football chants ( which also show the police were not at all popular with football fans back in the 60`s either)  I remember going to a boxing dinner at the winter gardens a few years back when Mad Frankie Fraser was wheeled out as some sort of celebrity, the man was apparently a psychopath but we were encouraged to see him as some sort of hero because east end gangsters were popular at the time and there was a strange myth they only hurt other gangsters

If life means life it should be the same for all murderers, everyones life is special to their friends and family and which is worse for the family a man serving 45 years for murder or no-one even disciplined for a man being killed by the police?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Roberts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.