Jarmo.Is.God
October 19, 2014, 10:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
some good comments:

To me this was a tale of two goalkeepers , the Grimsby keeper has kept them in it, and won them the game, Ricey has lost us this game

In the first 5 minutes the Grimsby keeper made 4 good saves

There was another difference today - Grimsby have John-Lewis who is a very good striker at this level. We on the other hand have Ryan Bowman

Didn't hear much of the commentary today. Although from what I could glean the Grimsby keeper was saving everything and err Rice was his normal self

yesterday I looked at the Grimsby keeper and not just focussing on saves he made, but his all around domination of his area, crosses, corners a keeper who knew what he needed to do, and his defenders had complete confidence in him, the Grimsby keeper who looked fully confident all game

They seem to be full of praise for McKeown.

Also as a LJL Fan, i love reading the comment about him !
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
October 19, 2014, 10:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
LJL does a job for us and has started to hit the net a bit more  now, but he has missed some glaring sitters and cost us points at times, But fair play to him  he never gives up and alwase gives 100%.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
acko338
October 19, 2014, 10:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
If I was training L J-L, all I would do is constant target practice - different ball deliveries or passes that make him aware of where he is in relation to the net and keep him hitting balls at the goal.

Set the wingers and midfielders to feed him from different angles - crosses, through balls, one on ones with McKeown, surely some of these exercises would improve his shooting ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
October 19, 2014, 10:38am
Guest User
Quoted from acko338
If I was training L J-L, all I would do is constant target practice - different ball deliveries or passes that make him aware of where he is in relation to the net and keep him hitting balls at the goal.

Set the wingers and midfielders to feed him from different angles - crosses, through balls, one on ones with McKeown, surely some of these exercises would improve his shooting ???

I'm a firm believer that a goalscorer either has it or he doesn't. Sure, you can improve technically but the instinct has to be there already. I know as in 20 years playing Sunday league, I have 2 goals to my credit! One off the bottom, the other off my shin!!

Credit to Lennell, he isn't a natural goalscorer. If he was, he wouldn't be here as he has other attributes. He gives his all, that's all I ask of any player (even Serge Makofo!). To be fair, it's mid October and he has 7 goals, 2/3 pens I think but if he can bag 17/18 goals this season and the other lads either side of him can weigh in with a dozen or so each then we can win promotion. 4-3-3 is the key!
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Torquay Views

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.