This thread currently has 1,260 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
October 18, 2014, 9:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Dartford at home, Braintree away - and I know we do struggle against these teams at times, but surely a chance to hopefully get 6 more points on board before the prospect of a cracking looking home game vs Halifax, and the chance to further close the gap between us. Altrincham away after that, and surely we can't make the same mistake twice against them? Kidderminster and Woking at home should both be challenging games, but I think these 6 games are going to define our season.

Keep our unbeaten run going, and we always do seem to have a decent run in the autumn / winter lead up, and we could very well be sitting pretty. A couple of bad results in that lot and we'll still probably be where we are at the moment.

Hopefully a 3,000 plus crowd back at BP on Tuesday on the back of these last two great away wins.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
October 18, 2014, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Don't think we've got a game Tuesday have we?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
MeanwoodMariner
October 18, 2014, 10:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from jock dock tower
Dartford at home, Braintree away - and I know we do struggle against these teams at times, but surely a chance to hopefully get 6 more points on board before the prospect of a cracking looking home game vs Halifax, and the chance to further close the gap between us. Altrincham away after that, and surely we can't make the same mistake twice against them? Kidderminster and Woking at home should both be challenging games, but I think these 6 games are going to define our season.

Keep our unbeaten run going, and we always do seem to have a decent run in the autumn / winter lead up, and we could very well be sitting pretty. A couple of bad results in that lot and we'll still probably be where we are at the moment.

Hopefully a 3,000 plus crowd back at BP on Tuesday on the back of these last two great away wins.

2 point from Alty, Dartford & Southport, then 6 points from Wrexham & Torquay away. Basically I haven't a fcking clue what to expect from any game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
headingly_mariner
October 18, 2014, 10:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
I think you might be right, we seem to be getting our attacking options fit again and if we can get 30 games out of Pittman this season I think we could trouble the top of the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
SamTheMariner
October 18, 2014, 11:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think you might be right, we seem to be getting our attacking options fit again and if we can get 30 games out of Pittman this season I think we could trouble the top of the table.

Who needs Pittman, we've got Lenny.

I fancy is to beat Altringham, Dartford and Halifax and then draw the others.

At least there's no Lincoln victory on Boxing day that spells the end of our season.

Hope Parslow doesn't impress Wilcox. Him in the holding midfield role has been pivotal to these to wins particularly today up against the best player I've seen this season in Ajala.

UTM

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
poomehellt
October 19, 2014, 12:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

2 point from Alty, Dartford & Southport, then 6 points from Wrexham & Torquay away. Basically I haven't a fcking clue what to expect from any game.

At least our poor home form meant there where decent odds on away wins against Wrexham and Torquay!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Few games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.