Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah: Not Good Enough?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 359 Guests

Ross Hannah: Not Good Enough?

This thread currently has 4,414 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
October 17, 2014, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't think it's any co-incidence that his best games have come without playing with LJL. That's not a dig at LJL, it's not their fault they don't partner well but we all know Hannah can do it. We've all seen it and players don't turn Into bad players over night, I think he's been pretty poorly man managed too.

Poor man management? How? Hannah is not good enough, he's always offside and he offers virtually nothing to the team. I'd take Lenny every day of the week over Hannah (loan spell excluded).

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
pontoonlew
October 17, 2014, 1:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Hannah is dropped after one poor game, very very often. How often do you see Lenny dropped after a poor game? Anybody in the right mind can see Hannah and Lenny do not work yet Hannah is always the one to suffer for it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Mariner21
October 17, 2014, 1:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Poorly managed as in gets dropped every other game!!! Yet Lenny plays all the time!!!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
fleabag1970
October 17, 2014, 1:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I wouldnt care if My Striker did sodomist all all match but popped up with goals ......As already said a striker like Hannah needs to get games to keep sharp in front of goal .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
northbankmariner
October 17, 2014, 2:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I dont feel ross as much as i would like him to be is capable of scoring sufficient goals to get us up the sharp end of the league in playoff/promotion positions. am not saying he doesnt have ability, as he does, but he does not have an all round game that sees him as a complete striker. Yes i know not everyone does have otherwise they would not be playing at conference level, but it would be easier to fit him in the team if he had other assets to his game, like a good long range shot, or be great in the air etc, but he simply doesnt have these in his locker. If i was a defender it would not take me long to work him out and nullify any threat from him, just drop off and give him the ball, and not let him turn you, or play a tight offside against him, I do feel like others have mentioned he has been short changed in that he has not had a run of games to boost confidence but as for others saying he cannot forge a partnership with LJL, then christ what do we work on in training, he is a pro and shouild be able to adapt his game (as well as the others, am not just singling him out). The likes of Pittman from what i have seen of him, and hearn did before his injuries was to score differnet types of goals, and creat chances for themselves,Am happy to be proved wrong here but ross is a bit one dimentional i am afraid and as such will not be a 20 goal a season striker.  Prove me wrong ross PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
October 17, 2014, 5:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from northbankmariner
but it would be easier to fit him in the team if he had other assets to his game, like a good long range shot, or be great in the air etc, but he simply doesnt have these in his locker.

I thought this was one of his strengths !
Ok his strikerate maybe poor but surely there's no doubt it's in his locker (close from long range before) and guessing it's only a matter of time...

Reply: 25 - 33
SamTheMariner
October 17, 2014, 5:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Just imagine Hearn from two years ago in this side. Lenny would be the perfect partner.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Abdul19
October 17, 2014, 5:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from 120797

I thought this was one of his strengths !
Ok his strikerate maybe poor but surely there's no doubt it's in his locker (close from long range before) and guessing it's only a matter of time...

I'm always a bit worried about where the ball's going to go when I see Hannah about to shoot from range! The one against Hyde was decent but I can't remember any other goals from outside the area?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
poomehellt
October 17, 2014, 8:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
My view is that because he's not the fastest guy out there, he ends up trying stealing a few yards which regually goes wrong with being often found to be offside. But to be fair, and this isn't meant as a snipe at LJL, I rate Hannah more than I rate LJL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
chaos33
October 17, 2014, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from moosey_club
As i have said elsewhere recently...for actual game time on the pitch last season he averaged just about a goal every other game, a 1 in 2 strike rate...play him for 40 games......tadaaaah!!
Or.... sub him first, drop him for an off game, give him 15 minute cameos, give him 5 different partners to play with, hit long high balls to his head.... and then see if he can score 20!!

Yeah I think you make some good points.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah: Not Good Enough?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.