FishOutOfWater
October 11, 2014, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MrsMariner
Well done Hurst and well done John-Lewis there must have been an awful ot of pressure on him taking that penalty in front of a large hostile Welsh crowd

I think he's used now to the pressure of facing hostile home crowds  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 110 - 129
RoboCod
October 11, 2014, 5:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Excellent result, the puzzlement of this teams abilities goes on. Only the commentary to go on but recent under-performers Nsiala and Mackreth in particular sounded very involved. Hostile crowd, larger than usual, and we rise to the occasion.

Just need a calm and measured interview from Hurst, we're still a way off where we should be but it's a tremendous win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 129
immariner
October 11, 2014, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from MarinerWY
great three points.

re: playing against teams with 10 men, i sometimes wonder whether psychologically which teams gets a better surge of spirit... when playing with 10 men there's a real "we've got to work harder and do the work of 11" spirit that pops up and could be why it doesn't always result in the 11 dominating

That's down to the individuals though. The 11 must have played enough football to realise that they can't get complacent and potentially have to up their games. That's where the captain really has to step up and get the message across to his players to keep possession, spread the play where possible, make them chase and look to exploit the overlap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 129
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2014, 5:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good result. Maybe LJL should be brought on as a sub when we get penalties.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 129
October 11, 2014, 5:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod
Excellent result, the puzzlement of this teams abilities goes on. Only the commentary to go on but recent under-performers Nsiala and Mackreth in particular sounded very involved. Hostile crowd, larger than usual, and we rise to the occasion.

Just need a calm and measured interview from Hurst, we're still a way off where we should be but it's a tremendous win.

Agreed, but Mackreth generally had the beating of his man, saw quite a bit of the ball - but little end-product?

Based only on the radio commentary, though, so I'll be interested in what those 'just back' have to say.
Reply: 114 - 129
cmackenzie4
October 11, 2014, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Made my day this result, Well done to To the lads and Hurst!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 129
wiggers
October 11, 2014, 5:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Great result, well done lads! UTM!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 129
RonMariner
October 11, 2014, 5:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
Maybe we should play all our games away. We have great results at Halifax, Kiddy and Wrexham, but disasters at home to the dross.???? Why?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 129
RoboCod
October 11, 2014, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 137

Agreed, but Mackreth generally had the beating of his man, saw quite a bit of the ball - but little end-product?

Based only on the radio commentary, though, so I'll be interested in what those 'just back' have to say.

Yeah, the just-backs will add detail but fromwhat I heard he seemed not only to get forward but to hold on intelligently in the way we needed for a tough away game, he also seemed to get back a lot and get tackles in. Just sounded a whole lot better than his bit parts he's put in of late. Hopefully a good long chat this week has brought them into reality and they'll start showing just what they can do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 129
StiggsGTFC
October 11, 2014, 5:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from RonMariner
Maybe we should play all our games away. We have great results at Halifax, Kiddy and Wrexham, but disasters at home to the dross.???? Why?

Because we get more room away from home. The best results at home are against teams that try to make a game of it.
We do not know how to get around the back of packed defences.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 129
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread - Wrexham vs Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.