1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Squinter
October 8, 2014, 6:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Sorry to start a new thread.  I read a lot on here but don't post too often, the last time I posted was to suggest rather than getting a new goal keeping coach we should invest in a striking coach ( full time or part time ) I fully stand by this point.

Since Scott & Hurst and Hurst on his own how many players can we name that have actually improved in their time at GTFC ? I can only think of McKeown and Pearson.  The rest have actually got worse, Hannah being a perfect example of this.  Look how good Scott Brown was in the first few games of the season, I'm afraid his performances are starting to now slip ( much like Kerr last season ).  I think this gives a good insight into PH's coaching and management and proves he's not good enough with the midfielders and forwards.  He either needs help in these areas or needs to go.

New Striker -  Why are we restricted to looking around the lower leagues of England for permanent signing or load signings.  Why can't we look to Europe, surely with the wages we can offer we could attract decent players from the former Eastern block countries.  You never know, with the migrant population in Grimsby we might attract some new fans.  There must be some scouts working out there that can recommend players.   Thinking about scouts, maybe this is why can't attract and players as we no longer have any !
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
October 8, 2014, 6:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
You bring up a few good points in your post,  I am afraid  that hurst is no more than a lower league defender coach. and knows nothing about game plans and anything further up field than the edge of the 18 yd box,. With him in charge not only the club, but the players are sinking to new lows in there careers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
ginnywings
October 8, 2014, 6:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I have suggested in the past the possibility of looking further afield for players, namely eastern Europe,  for the reasons you state.

There does seem to be a trend for players to come here and go backwards. Weight of expectation  maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 8, 2014, 7:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,643
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings
I have suggested in the past the possibility of looking further afield for players, namely eastern Europe,  for the reasons you state.

There does seem to be a trend for players to come here and go backwards. Weight of expectation  maybe?

Could be the biting wind off the North sea! On a more serious note I would have thought a look at some of the Scottish lower leagues may unhearth the next Matt Tees
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 8, 2014, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Am sure that the glen huddle has a camp or something in Spain, that ex prem league players (youth I think) go and train.

Dj Campbell was available in the summer : signed for Maidenhead

Rory fallon trained with us in the summer : not good enough and signed for scunts

Danny webber now at Salford City (some thing to do with management/owners)

Craig fagan currently without a club

Chris eagles currently without a club

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
maxfox44
October 9, 2014, 1:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Don't know whether this is possible for Non-EU countries etc. but what about Iceland, Norway, Sweden and other "Fishing/North Sea" countries.  Don't we have still have interest from those countries?

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
fiveallive
October 9, 2014, 1:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I would take a glance at Danny Stevens he's a tricky left winger would give us a extra bit width on the left hand side, i think he's without a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 9, 2014, 1:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Plays for torquay mate

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
fiveallive
October 9, 2014, 3:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
He them in the summer and he's unattached.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
friskneymariner
October 9, 2014, 5:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
How about the Scottish leagues use to be a fertile ground for signing players once. After living in Scotland Grimsby would be St Trpoez for them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Couple of thigs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.