Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Altrincham (h)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 183 Guests

Match Thread - Altrincham (h)

This thread currently has 14,725 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
October 7, 2014, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
When you play one up front to a team like this, and that one is Lennel John Lewis it's no f***ing wonder we can't acore AGAIN. It's a disgrace.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 83
MeanwoodMariner
October 7, 2014, 9:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Hurst has been absolutely ruthless with the defence. Bignot has done reasonably well in the games he's played but after the Torquay & Lincoln games he clearly decided that he was the weak link, brought Parslow in and we've stopped conceding.

I just don't understand the lack of similar speedy action at the other end of the field.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 83
carrot top
October 7, 2014, 9:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from chaos33
When you play one up front to a team like this, and that one is Lennel John Lewis it's no f***ing wonder we can't acore AGAIN. It's a disgrace.

Ditto

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 83
Badger57
October 7, 2014, 9:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Jaws
Played 9 out of the bottom 10 teams and got 12 points from those games. Not good enough. Played 7 home games and failed to score in 4 of those.

Those are shockingly bad statistics. Hope J.F. sees them, looks at the ever dwindling attendances, and finally realises that he simply HAS to act now to have even a chance of saving this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 83
chaos33
October 7, 2014, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
Hurst has been absolutely ruthless with the defence. Bignot has done reasonably well in the games he's played but after the Torquay & Lincoln games he clearly decided that he was the weak link, brought Parslow in and we've stopped conceding.

I just don't understand the lack of similar speedy action at the other end of the field.  

It's not just a lack of speedy action, he's had all pre-season and 14 weeks of this to sign at least one quality striker and he can't do it. Of course, we should just tolerate this, feel sorry for him and keep him on.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 83
RoboCod
October 7, 2014, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Other positives....Aswad back and in fine form, Magnay back at RB and rampant and a solid defence. A good all round performance missing just one obvious thing.

Any chance of a battle plan being drawn up? All the board in, Hurst, Doig and a suitcase of cash on the table and an exhaustive day spent searching every option. Only some thing along these lines will convince me that this season is being taken seriously.
This club's like a football with a slow puncture.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 83
moosey_club
October 7, 2014, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Teestogreen
Positives? We've gained a point on the leaders.

Haha  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 83
pontoonlew
October 7, 2014, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Robo - Paul Hurst is the last man on earth i'd give a suitcase full of cash to. Can you imagine what'd happen? We'd pay for another big black striker to come in and not score goals, only this time we'd had paid for the flipping privilege.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 83
Teestogreen
October 7, 2014, 10:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from RoboCod
Other positives....Aswad back and in fine form, Magnay back at RB and rampant and a solid defence. A good all round performance missing just one obvious thing.

Any chance of a battle plan being drawn up? All the board in, Hurst, Doig and a suitcase of cash on the table and an exhaustive day spent searching every option. Only some thing along these lines will convince me that this season is being taken seriously.
This club's like a football with a slow puncture.

Excellent comment Robocod - that's pretty much how I see this, also

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 83
October 7, 2014, 10:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Robo - Paul Hurst is the last man on earth i'd give a suitcase full of cash to. Can you imagine what'd happen? We'd pay for another big black striker to come in and not score goals, only this time we'd had paid for the flipping privilege.

Well I'm sure York City could find an out of favour defender to help us out.
Reply: 79 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Altrincham (h)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.