4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
September 28, 2014, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cod_head_doug
I remember the Chelsea game, I have always thought that the ref bottled it and gave them a penalty to let them win. (not bitter or twisted at all  ). I was a lower findus season ticket holder, but when I arrived at the ground the stewards made us all go into the pontoon as they had given our stand to Chelsea. They initially gave them the Osmond half of the stand and left the other half empty, but it soon filled up as the police didnt want ticketless Chelsea fans wandering around Grimsby. I was knarked with Ramsdens, who were on the board at the time, if not Chairing it, they successfully got the police to shut all the pubs near the ground, and then sold cans of beer from their supermarket to the Chelsea fans. There were loads of Chelsea fans there that day, if I remember correctly Chelsea were already up, but had to beat us to go up as champions. Dont know how many Chelsea were there but I remember thinking that if it kicks off today its going to be fun getting home, but as it happens it was ok. It makes me pine for those days again, good opposition week after week, cracking football.

I'm not sure they would have made much money that day actually as a mob of Chelsea went on a mad shoplifting spree in their store that day. I can remember seeing one Chelsea fan carrying three 24 packs of Carling down Grimsby Road.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1983-84 Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.