Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any word on Pearson?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

Any word on Pearson?

This thread currently has 2,128 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
September 10, 2014, 2:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Just wondered if anyone had any info on the seriousness of Pearsons injury from last night?
That would be a bad blow if it's a serious injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
September 10, 2014, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
It came about because of an awful pass by Toto straight to one of their players that Pearson did well to win, then his momentum took him forward to a tackle (not sure who by) that took him down, the ref started to blow for a free kick but as the ball fell kindly to a Town player he waved play on and that move resulted in Nielsen hitting the post.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
RoboCod
September 10, 2014, 3:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from arryarryarry
It came about because of an awful pass by Toto straight to one of their players that Pearson did well to win, then his momentum took him forward to a tackle (not sure who by) that took him down, the ref started to blow for a free kick but as the ball fell kindly to a Town player he waved play on and that move resulted in Nielsen hitting the post.

You're right, awful ball from Toto trying to be clever, but Pearson fought for it and we were off.....such a shame it didn't go in off the post as that is the style and speed we should be playing. Mind bogglingly quick movement and passing to get upfield...sadly we didn't reach that standard anything like enough for the rest of the game, we'd frighten the opposition to death if we could maintain that type of counter break.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
MrsMariner
September 10, 2014, 3:56pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thats not how I remember it, Neilson was taken out and Pearson was caught as he went for the loose ball, we were waiting to take the resulting free kick as Pearson hobbled off, Unless of course your version happened earlier and Pearson  played on for a little while in which case apologies.
By the way what happened to our freekick I think I was stilll watching Pearson try to walk it off, next thing I know there on the attack and get a penalty. Presume we wasted the freekick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
RoboCod
September 10, 2014, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MrsMariner

Thats not how I remember it, Neilson was taken out and Pearson was caught as he went for the loose ball, we were waiting to take the resulting free kick as Pearson hobbled off, Unless of course your version happened earlier and Pearson  played on for a little while in which case apologies.
By the way what happened to our freekick I think I was stilll watching Pearson try to walk it off, next thing I know there on the attack and get a penalty. Presume we wasted the freekick

You may be right, think I'm merging the two incidents. Above still applies, daft clearance form Toto, excellent counter. Later Neilson was clattered again in the centre and all eyes were on him to see if he was ok, didn't see Pearson get caught just after, next thing he's getting looked at by Moore(s)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
oldun
September 10, 2014, 4:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just been in the ticket office and asked Steve Wraith if there was any news. None yet apparently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
NorthseaMariner
September 10, 2014, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Thanks for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
arryarryarry
September 10, 2014, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MrsMariner

I'm sorry but you are mistaken, having seen the highlights I was right, daft clearance by Toto straight to their no.8 who fails to control it, Pearson takes it, runs up the field, gets caught by a Lincoln player and goes down, the ref puts his whistle to his mouth to give a free kick but Brown gets the ball and starts the move that ended with Nielsen shooting over the bar.

Pearson stayed down till he went off and the game restarted with a goal kick that went straight up the field and ended in a penalty whilst Pearson was off the field. There wasn't a free kick to Town as the ref played advantage.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Neilo83
September 10, 2014, 6:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
Did Scott neilson get injured last night before he got took off? A friend seems to think he was limping but I personally didn't see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
MrsMariner
September 10, 2014, 7:12pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm sorry but you are mistaken, having seen the highlights I was right, daft clearance by Toto straight to their no.8 who fails to control it, Pearson takes it, runs up the field, gets caught by a Lincoln player and goes down, the ref puts his whistle to his mouth to give a free kick but Brown gets the ball and starts the move that ended with Nielsen shooting over the bar.

Pearson stayed down till he went off and the game restarted with a goal kick that went straight up the field and ended in a penalty whilst Pearson was off the field. There wasn't a free kick to Town as the ref played advantage.

Ok not seen the highlights, that explains why I thought I'd missed a freekick, I was convinced he'd blown & was expecting the Lincoln player to get booked it looked that bad, would like to see it though as I still have a memory of the foul being on Neilson, memories eh you can't rely on them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any word on Pearson?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.