Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boyce extending his loan..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 129 Guests

Boyce extending his loan..

This thread currently has 2,062 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rick12
August 28, 2014, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good news and rate him as a player   wouldent mind having him longer if he performs

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
TAGG
August 28, 2014, 1:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from jimgtfc
Good news, just a little concerned that Toto won't be getting game time in his best position...

Ye never know the way he's been going RB may turn out to be his best position

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
Stew0_0
August 28, 2014, 2:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Heard a rumour that we trying to sign him on a permanent deal. Extending the loan is just a fail safe I guess as (if I'm understanding correctly ) if you end up signing a player after a loan spell you end up getting back the loans used???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
biggles9999
August 28, 2014, 2:37pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Stew0_0
Heard a rumour that we trying to sign him on a permanent deal. Extending the loan is just a fail safe I guess as (if I'm understanding correctly ) if you end up signing a player after a loan spell you end up getting back the loans used???

I remember that being the case a few years ago with Oster when we were in the Championship.

We wanted to bring him in on a permanent so that his previous loan would be rescinded and free up a space for another player. Oster rejected us on a permanent so we couldnt get the other player in at the same time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Abdul19
August 28, 2014, 2:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Back then you were limited to 8 loans a season, don't think that's the case anymore.

Wasn't it Disco Des we couldn't sign on loan? Shame really, because if Groves had seen how shit he was we'd never have given him a 2 year deal a couple of months later!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Maringer
August 28, 2014, 3:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
It's hard to believe that a player once transferred for £2 million (when that was really a lot of money in footballing terms) could turn out to be so utterly excrement.

Until you notice that it was Newcastle who paid the transfer fee. Then it all becomes clear...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
nightrider
August 28, 2014, 3:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Maringer
It's hard to believe that a player once transferred for £2 million (when that was really a lot of money in footballing terms) could turn out to be so utterly excrement.

Until you notice that it was Newcastle who paid the transfer fee. Then it all becomes clear...

Maybe he was allergic to black and white stripes. As soon as he put on the blackandwhite he turned excrement. Blacknwhite-itis
Funny cos both us and newcastle seem to get a lot of players that have a phobia of the stripes

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
August 28, 2014, 7:08pm
Guest User
Good player can only help strengthen the squad.
Interesting how all the current back 4 can play CB.
Reply: 27 - 29
SamTheMariner
August 29, 2014, 10:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
You won't come a defender who can play multiple positions and says their best position is full back.   "No one grows up wanting to be Gary Neville" said Jamie Carragher. Full backs are either failed wingers pr failed centre backs. E g. Aswad Thomas is a failed winger, Sam Hatton was a.failed centre half.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
lee65
August 29, 2014, 10:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Maringer

The only bit of passion or aggression I ever saw from Des was when he got sent of at Doncaster in the league cup for grappling with a guy on the floor (we lost 3-2 from 2 nil up!)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boyce extending his loan..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.