BIGChris
August 29, 2014, 8:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Biccys
Was Dave Gilbert initially on loan as well? And at the same time as Dale Banton, who wasn't offered a permanent deal because of his Soul-Glo hair do?

I see Dale on a regular basis. He is a rep for one of our suppliers. He has very little hair these days!
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
chaos33
August 29, 2014, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Martin Paterson and David Nielson were two very good fairly recent examples.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 29, 2014, 4:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Pending on how old you are varies on what players make your list...I remember Mark Flatts, Mark Nicholls, Lee Thorpe, Ian Hamilton, Paul Robinson etc back in the day, none really did to much to inspire me, although Robinson had glimpses of talent I think he only scored 1 or 2 in two loan spells over two years. I remember Lennie Lawrence bringing in some Scottish loanee from a German club, can't remember his name though , he probably played 4 or 5 times..Neil Murray was it?? As for bad loans in recent years you could reel off an endless list of pointless panic loans that we have signed since 2007 through till Hurst and Scott took over. Buckley third time around, Newell and Woods were terrible for just signing anyone available, so most guys they brought in had very little substance or thought process behind it...

The best....Wayne Burnett initially joined on loan, David Nielsen, Steve Kabba, Andy Todd, John Oster when he re-joined, Martin Paterson, Rob Atkinson when he initially signed on loan, Jamie Devitt first time around impressed me but its probably because he was the only player in the whole squad that was half decent.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Abdul19
August 29, 2014, 4:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
My favourites were Ademola Bankole and Morten Hyldgaard.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
rancido
August 29, 2014, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
I seem to recall that Joe Waters originally came on loan from Leicester(?) and he turned out to be a tremendous signing. There has been far too much dunnage on loan in the last 10 seasons to really pick one out without making some others look comparatively good!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
friskneymariner
August 29, 2014, 6:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Could make a full team up of our worst loanees.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best and Worst Loan signings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.