Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 60 Guests

Aswad replacement

This thread currently has 9,030 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
August 20, 2014, 1:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from MrsMariner
Agree he should have been given the chance to show what he can do against Dover, the more his chances are limited the more pressure there is on him when he does play not to make any mistakes. Young players like Caine should be given a decent run in the team & what better time than now when we have an injury to our first choice LB.

Nail on head!
Reply: 90 - 96
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 20, 2014, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
And surely, although I realise it works both ways, cw will know rodders' game inside out after playing against him in training daily

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 96
GrimRob
August 20, 2014, 2:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,448
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Quagmire
I really don't see the point in having a youth system if you're not going to play the lads that you eventually bring through.

You'll never know if a youngster will 'make the grade' if you only give him 10 minutes here and there.

I don't understand why we're prepared to give a youngster from another club (ie Townsend) lots of game time yet we don't give our own youngsters the same opportunity - we may as well scrap the youth team entirely and simpy loan any youngsters from Hull etc without the expense.

I think the fundamental problem is that the decision to retain the youth team players is made by the first team manager, who only thinks a few weeks and months ahead. Players mature at different rates and they are not always ready for first team football as they approach the age where they would need to be retained as a pro. Quite often it might be a better decision for the club to keep one or two players who are not quite ready, but might be in a year's time, on a very low wage.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 96
Grimal
August 20, 2014, 2:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Civvy at last

He's so good he's so fine
Played left back for Palestine

He's so good he's so sweet
It's like the ball's nailed to his feet

He's so good he's the boss
fking awesome on the cross

civvy at last,    I've altered you poem to be more appropriate to Town  .

His name is Scott Brown
now plays for Mighty Town.

He's so good he's so great
had a spell at Ashton Gate.

He's so good on the ball
an inspiration to us all.

He's so good and lacks fatigue
and will help us win the league.

He will never let us down
his name is Scott Brown.

UTM..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 96
Abdul19
August 20, 2014, 3:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 219
Although he should be given a fine
For missing an open goal on the fucking line

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 96
August 20, 2014, 11:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
It's funny how the Tom Corners and Darren Mansarams of the world aren't used as examples, isn't it?

True !
Then again can't remember Mansaram too well but it's asking a lot of players like Corner to shine in a team where everyone else is badly struggling.
Quoted from Maringer
For all the credit of his performance against Nuneaton, they didn't really attempt to attack.

Good point and he did make the early member up when he came on too.

But maybe it comes back to my point about learning from experience too.

Anyway I trust Hurst on this one but don't think he should be too frightened about him making mistakes.
After all, the fans generally want Winfarrah so how can they really complain if he isn't an instant success ?

Personally I think in general Hurst worries far too much about negative reactions.
Reply: 95 - 96
August 20, 2014, 11:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from 137
I actually think CW is the right type to play against Rodman - and we'll know better about the young lad's capabilities if we do. How much are we risking?

We'll learn more - a good point !
Especially in a game we're not really expected to win too ?

Then again...
Would he play v Alfreton TOO ?

If he has a blinder v Gateshead fans will want him in for Alfteton 2 days later too - asking a lot !?  
At what point would we give the young lad an arguably needed break ?

On balance, perhaps depending on whether you think Anyother (e.g. Bignot) is behind him or not, I'd be tempted to keep him for Alfreton instead.

It's a tricky one !
Reply: 96 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad replacement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.