3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2013, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Has to be one of the worst wingers seen at this club.

Cant pass a ball has the worst corner taking ability known to man and is one of few players who actually nutmegs himself!

Lets not forget the fact that 9 times out of 10 he runs the ball out of play before he gets to get a cross in which either ends up at the first defender or it goes out!

excrement.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
March 20, 2013, 8:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
agree he's been woeful last few games, but tbf none of our players seem capable of crossing a flipping ball
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
BIGChris
March 20, 2013, 8:53am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
He was far better than Devitt last night (not saying much)
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Super Clive
March 20, 2013, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Woeful just about sums him up. Come back Neilson all is forgotten!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
aaron rattray
March 20, 2013, 9:02am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
When neilson went i said colbeck is not good enough to be a replacement for us, cod.gtfc dubaimariner hagrid and wrawbz amongst others said colbeck was more than good enough to replace him and i was wrong and even started abusing me

Devitt and colbeck is not a patch on him

I think a couple of posters on here those mentioned and some more who said im defo wrong need to think that i know more about football than people think

Same when paul groves got bournmouth job i said that it wont be a good appointment and i got abuse for saying it, seems i do know more than what people think or accept

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Trawler
March 20, 2013, 9:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Neilson is currently out following a hernia op so he wouldn't have been much use to us last night.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2013, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Super Clive
Woeful just about sums him up. Come back Neilson all is forgotten!

This.

unfortunatley he is injured at the min but didnt really figure much and the new manager does not really see hm part of his plans i think.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Garth
March 20, 2013, 9:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,934
Gold Stars: 27
Joe is an average mid table conference player who has gone downhill since we first signed him, when he plays well and tackles back he`s Ok and that is all you will get from him I`m afraid, lets not make him the reason why we are so sh1t lately I can think of ten other good reasons
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
davmariner
March 20, 2013, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Trawler
Neilson is currently out following a hernia op so he wouldn't have been much use to us last night.

Probably would have been anyway.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
louth_in_the_south
March 20, 2013, 9:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
What I'd like to know is WTF is wrong with devitt ? I and most others on here thought he would run BSP defences ragged but for some reason it hasn't happened . There has to be more to this than what we see on the pitch . Is he actually alcoholic or has he got aids ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
Wrawby_Mariner
March 20, 2013, 10:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Quoted from aaron rattray
When neilson went i said colbeck is not good enough to be a replacement for us, cod.gtfc dubaimariner hagrid and wrawbz amongst others said colbeck was more than good enough to replace him and i was wrong and even started abusing me

Devitt and colbeck is not a patch on him

I think a couple of posters on here those mentioned and some more who said im defo wrong need to think that i know more about football than people think

Same when paul groves got bournmouth job i said that it wont be a good appointment and i got abuse for saying it, seems i do know more than what people think or accept

After his performance on Boxing Day a lot of people were saying how great he was, yourself included so don't give me that shite Rattray. I weren't at the game yesterday so can't comment on his performance but it sounds like the lad had a bad day at the office. As did a lot of others by the sounds of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 10 - 24
Ipswin
March 20, 2013, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Garth
Joe is an average mid table conference player

Should fit in perfectly at BP then - all the attributes needed to be player of the season

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
mariner91
March 20, 2013, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,835
Gold Stars: 264
He wasn't as bad as Devitt last night. What I can't understand is we have three wingers and three full backs and not one of them can cross the ball into a dangerous area where our players are.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
BIGChris
March 20, 2013, 10:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Seems Joe has become a target for the boo boys.

For the sake of balance;

He wasnt outstanding last night by anyone's standards BUT imo he was a long way from being the worst performer. He tried to go past his opponent and was successful, his crossing, as ever, was hit and miss. He was always available and dragged two opponents to him most of the evening. His defensive woirk is by far the best of our 3 'wingers'.

PS: Wrexhams left back at BP was their weak link
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
ackomariner
March 20, 2013, 10:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
I started a thread on colbeck about 2 mth ago and said you get 1 half decent game then 10 shite ones, and I'm still sticking with those thoughts. Not good enough imho

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
lowerfindus
March 20, 2013, 11:13am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from BIGChris
Seems Joe has become a target for the boo boys.

For the sake of balance;

He wasnt outstanding last night by anyone's standards BUT imo he was a long way from being the worst performer. He tried to go past his opponent and was successful, his crossing, as ever, was hit and miss. He was always available and dragged two opponents to him most of the evening. His defensive woirk is by far the best of our 3 'wingers'.

PS: Wrexhams left back at BP was their weak link

Great news!

One weak LB possibly up against one weak RW. Let the comedy begin.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
mariner91
March 20, 2013, 11:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lowerfindus

Great news!

One weak LB possibly up against one weak RW. Let the comedy begin.

Worst bit is that the weak RW could be any one of the three we put there  .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
aaron rattray
March 20, 2013, 11:27am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

After his performance on Boxing Day a lot of people were saying how great he was, yourself included so don't give me that shite Rattray. I weren't at the game yesterday so can't comment on his performance but it sounds like the lad had a bad day at the office. As did a lot of others by the sounds of it.

No i praised him on his peformance but i maintained my opinion that he has to be more consistent to be considered good enough to help us get promoted, a couple of good performances in a season does not make you a player to take us up in my opinion

So where you are wrong is that i have praised him at times but i have NEVER said he is good enough to replace neilson and take us up

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
lowerfindus
March 20, 2013, 11:29am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Actually, if we work on the assumption that Joe plays well once every 10 games he is due a good one on Sunday as it will be 10 games since his last MoM performance against Telford (h).

Add to that his previous good games, Mansfield (h) and Lincoln (a) he is probably due around 1.5 good games between now and the end of the season, if we make the playoffs possibly even two!

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Stew0_0
March 20, 2013, 11:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,197
Gold Stars: 35
Would rather have Peter Bore in than Colbeck. At least you got one good performance in from 10. Joe's been dire for weeks and why oh why does he take the corners. He rarely beats the first man or drops it into the keepers hands. I think if we got someone else, maybe Hatton taking the corners we'd be a decent goalscoring threat what with Pearson, Miller and Cook in the box.
Just hope we start with Marshall and Devitt on Sunday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
oldun
March 20, 2013, 12:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
All our wingers seem to forget about their teammates when they are on the ball. They try to do everything themselves and get crowded out. They need to pass the ball more and the strikers need to get into spaces to receive it, as sometimes there is not a pass on. I agree the full backs need to get further forward in support and overlap more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
mariner91
March 20, 2013, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stew0_0
Would rather have Peter Bore in than Colbeck. At least you got one good performance in from 10. Joe's been dire for weeks and why oh why does he take the corners. He rarely beats the first man or drops it into the keepers hands. I think if we got someone else, maybe Hatton taking the corners we'd be a decent goalscoring threat what with Pearson, Miller and Cook in the box.
Just hope we start with Marshall and Devitt on Sunday

Devitt was utterly useless last night. Based on last night's performances I would go with Marshall who did okay for ten minutes and with Colbeck who was not quite as bad as Devitt.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
cleemaddog
March 20, 2013, 12:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Listened to the second half last night and the commentator repeatedly said " Colbeck down the wing, takes on his man, crosses the ball, well claimed by the keeper". excrement the bed man if a winger cant put a cross in that stays away from the keeper what use is he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
FishOutOfWater
March 20, 2013, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth
Joe is an average mid table conference player who has gone downhill since we first signed him, when he plays well and tackles back he`s Ok and that is all you will get from him I`m afraid, lets not make him the reason why we are so sh1t lately I can think of ten other good reasons

I'd argue he's been going downhill for some time

This is his first season at this level...prior to joining us he was usually playing at League 2 level and sometimes League 1

I though Colson used to be a bit hit and miss so when he left us, I assumed Colbeck must have something different about him to come in as his replacement

Not so though as we've regularly witnessed...reminds me a bit of Andy Parkinson and Steve Saunders type players who try but ultimately aren't really much good to be honest when push comes to shove

I don't think he deserves the dogs abuse...tries hard but can't do much better is my view
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 24
Stranger in the Park
March 20, 2013, 1:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -192
Gold Stars: 7
I wasn't there last night so it's unfair to pick on individuals but this has been coming for a long while and too many have been in denial. When town were on the ascension -pre new year- we had some outstanding players and performances. It's no coincidence that since these players moved on we have lapsed and subsequent replacements have not been up to scratch. Most of the permanent squad are only average to good for this league but we no longer have any outstanding players but do have a couple of very good central defenders. It is quite clear that we carry serveral passengers at any given time.Yes some do have the occasional good game but not on a regular basis so therefore they become make weights .Other teams have clearly been buiding their strengths-hence our position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe colbeck

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.