Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My opinion.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 73 Guests

My opinion.

This thread currently has 1,201 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
March 19, 2013, 10:44pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Just my opinion and probably a waste of a thread but;

Thing is it's Scott and Hurst's first time at Wembley so they want to win at Wembley and put a trophy to their name. Have to understand that, I don't blame 'em but we really want out of this league more than we want a trophy. I believe the squad rotation was to keep 'em fit for Wembley so they have more options, which hasn't helped our promotion push. I believe at Wembley and afterwards we will be a different team compared to the last 4 games and will return to form.

I want us to win every game and every competition but promotion is more important and our main aim, or at least should be. I still have faith and I still believe.

No matter the result on Sunday we should all enjoy the day out for the money we have paid for it. UTM.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bruce Springsteen
March 19, 2013, 10:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
The squad rotation has been explained, its simple, Brodie plays poorly, in comes Hannah, Hannah plays poorly in comes the Shop, none of them take the chance, and we revert back to type. Its all well and good, but we have Hannah/Cook/Brodie/Shop/Southwell, and we cant get a decent 90 minutes or a goal out of any of them.  Add that to the poor final ball, and we are pretty crap at the minute.

Start Hearn on Sunday, get the game won, get some confidence back, and urine the play off's.........if people turn up!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
TAGG
March 19, 2013, 11:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126

Since S&H have started tinkering it seem to have unsettled everyone and that team spirit we had seems to have gone.
S&H have not coped very well since we have started picking up injury's. There team selection and substitutions in recent time especially up front is baffling.    

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
cod.gtfc
March 19, 2013, 11:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Thing is it's Scott and Hurst's first time at Wembley so they want to win at Wembley and put a trophy to their name. Have to understand that, I don't blame 'em but we really want out of this league more than we want a trophy. I believe the squad rotation was to keep 'em fit for Wembley so they have more options, which hasn't helped our promotion push. I believe at Wembley and afterwards we will be a different team compared to the last 4 games and will return to form.

I want us to win every game and every competition but promotion is more important and our main aim, or at least should be. I still have faith and I still believe.

No matter the result on Sunday we should all enjoy the day out for the money we have paid for it. UTM.

if thats the case why did they play Disley and Pearson tonight? both injured recently and if Pearson limped off again tonight we could be left with only one fit CB for Sunday.

If they really had resting players and Wembley on their minds in tonights squad I doubt those two would have started tonight either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Gary Haddock
March 19, 2013, 11:34pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from cod.gtfc

if thats the case why did they play Disley and Pearson tonight? both injured recently and if Pearson limped off again tonight we could be left with only one fit CB for Sunday.

If they really had resting players and Wembley on their minds in tonights squad I doubt those two would have started tonight either.

To be honest with you I haven't a clue now. After reading other's opinions and debates I don't know what to think. A lot of good points from different posters. Kinda wish  never made this thread now. #Hillmiliating.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Gary Haddock
March 20, 2013, 12:00am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock

After reading other's opinions and debates I don't have much of an opinion now.  

The highlighted still stands in my opinion though. Especially the last part "No matter the result on Sunday we should all enjoy the day out for the money we have paid for it. UTM."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
80sglory
March 20, 2013, 12:39am
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
I believe the squad rotation was to keep 'em fit for Wembley

Me too Gary and I agree, the league is more important.

Rightly or wrongly wouldn't at all be suprised if Wembley was made the bigger priority.

Reply: 6 - 10
jaygy
March 20, 2013, 12:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
No game should get priority over another, they are all cup finals when we are battling for promotion. hundreds of fans turned up tonight so surely some sort of commitment and effort from managers and players should be applied
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
80sglory
March 20, 2013, 12:53am
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc
if thats the case why did they play Disley and Pearson tonight?

If you ask me my guess, probably because of a "always play your strongest team" backlash if we'd left out the captain and lost.

As for Pearson, who else could have played CB with Wood LB, Hatton RB and Thomas (which I didn't agree with) presumably rested ?
Niven ? Brodie ?
Some fornicators got to play there !

Take the MOM out of midfield is possible but can't believe you're now asking what would have happened had Pearson been injured.
What happened to "play your strongest team" ?  
Make your mind up !  

Reply: 8 - 10
aaron rattray
March 20, 2013, 8:39am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
You would have thought that they would be fighting to play at wembley

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My opinion.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.