This thread currently has 1,655 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
March 17, 2013, 12:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525

Plus to be fair, we haven't had massive home support for years and years. Some people seem to have a slightly cloudy memory of our home gates from the early to mid 90s. We only ever really got 5000 home fans when we played decent sides in a decent division. The way some go on you'd think we averaged 15000 throughout the 90s.[/quote]

spot on to be fair, i hardly nissed a game in those days and only ever remeber  one game being sold out that i couldnt get in for, and that was against west brom when bonetti scored.  that was probably later than the mid 90's   our crowds were only swelled in those days by usually larege away support in the osmond from the likes of playing noots forest/wolves sheff wed etc.  the home support was never more than a few thousand even then.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
March 17, 2013, 12:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
Why are people obsessed with how many, how few fans we get. Fact is we get a solid 3000 every game and sometimes a few are added to that but as said, throw Wembley, play off possibilities, another Wembley trip and just a huge amount of games in a short time.

Plus to be fair, we haven't had massive home support for years and years. Some people seem to have a slightly cloudy memory of our home gates from the early to mid 90s. We only ever really got 5000 home fans when we played decent sides in a decent division. The way some go on you'd think we averaged 15000 throughout the 90s.

Very true well said and all this garbage about people not going yesterday because of wembley is just bollox because with or without wembley yesterday's gate would of been the same, some people on here need to stop kidding themselves face fact we are a small town club with an hardcore of 3000 fans.
Reply: 11 - 18
carrot top
March 17, 2013, 12:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
to average more than 3500 in non league is very good IMO and better than a lot in league 2 and some in league 1

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Marinerz93
March 17, 2013, 1:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 2578

Very true well said and all this garbage about people not going yesterday because of wembley is just bollox because with or without wembley yesterday's gate would of been the same, some people on here need to stop kidding themselves face fact we are a small town club with an hardcore of 3000 fans.

I couldn't afford to go yesterday and neither could my father in law and we are both going to Wembley, 3,000 for this league is fantastic.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
LH
March 17, 2013, 1:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,639
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from flash1
[quote=33]

Next week's match will cost at least £60pp. A lot of people don't have that sort of money spare these days so have to pick and choose which games to go to. If I didn't have the disposable income I have I'd pick Wembley over BP every time.,[/quote]

Id take div2 than trips to wembley everytime!

So would I, but if you read my post it has nothing to do with the promotion/Wembley final importance debate. As it stands Town aren't in League Two so I guess the less fortunate fans will have to pick between watching Conference football at BP or watching Town at Wembley (realistically this could be the last time it happens).
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 17, 2013, 2:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 28195
Most of the glory supporters sightseeing next week will need to buy a programme so they can recognise the players. Also, most of them will be on the beer and have plenty of cash. I agree cash is tight for many fans.

This is the first season in years when I haven't needed a programme to recognise players never mind "glory hunters". We've been through so many journeymen, short-term contracts and loanees.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
oldun
March 17, 2013, 3:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from carrot top
to average more than 3500 in non league is very good IMO and better than a lot in league 2 and some in league 1

Spot on carrot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Pint of Mild Please Batchy
March 17, 2013, 3:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from 2578

Do Blackburn, Ipswich, Huddersfield class themselves as small town clubs aswell? The fact is we have a small minded council that has stopped our club progressing like it should have done. The fact is the club has gone backwards since the 90's. If we had a ground in the mould of the KC/McAlpine who knowes where we would be now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
FishOutOfWater
March 17, 2013, 3:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37

Do Blackburn, Ipswich, Huddersfield class themselves as small town clubs aswell? The fact is we have a small minded council that has stopped our club progressing like it should have done. The fact is the club has gone backwards since the 90's. If we had a ground in the mould of the KC/McAlpine who knowes where we would be now.

Great Coates?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yesterday's Attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.