Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep the faith...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

Keep the faith...

This thread currently has 1,104 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
March 16, 2013, 9:04pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
I am probably the most deluded some might say. But I am struggling. But I Know we can still get promoted. So come on don't give up now and let's hope we can bounce back and no matter what enjoy our day out at Wembley. Wish I was going Nuneaton too but I am still unemployed and struggling. Seems negative.

But come on we can still do this, anything can happen. We shall not give up. Keep the faith.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
80sglory
March 16, 2013, 9:34pm
Guest User
Generally things get worse before they get better.
As I've always said, better things go wrong now than on final day.
Surely it's only a matter of time before we come good again ?
We may have had bad luck and lost our form and confidence but you don't go top if you're sh1t.
Wouldn't be suprised if we peak just at the right time.
Could even prove a blessing !
Silly to even think of giving up now...
Reply: 1 - 10
MarinerCraig
March 16, 2013, 9:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I am probably of the different view to many others...but I think we should just accept the fact we won't win this league and give a couple of players a rest.  Understandably with fixtures every Saturday and Tuesday, some players are showing the affects of it and some other players are off form.  I'd be happier to see us do that, finish 4th or 5th and have a fit team of players who are not suffering the affects of a tight fixture list, have Hearn, Hannah, Disley, Niven, Pearson (not sure what happened to him today exactly)...but a full fit team of players, no fatigue or tiredness, ready for the Play-Offs because I think we'll need to be at our best to win the Play-Offs.

Like I said, I expect some people to disagree because some believe squad rotation to be part of our downfall, but I think now, with FGR 3 points behind having played a few more games then us, that we could probably afford to rest a few players so that they can hit the floor running and finish the season strong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
chaos33
March 16, 2013, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
10 games left gives plenty of scope for a turnaround in form, but there have to be marked improvements and quick. I also think that everyone needs to get this anger and disappointment out of their system swiftly if we're to regroup and mount a challenge for promotion.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Gary Haddock
March 16, 2013, 9:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Generally things get worse before they get better.
As I've always said, better things go wrong now than on final day.
Surely it's only a matter of time before we come good again ?
We may have had bad luck and lost our form and confidence but you don't go top if you're sh1t.
Wouldn't be suprised if we peak just at the right time.
Could even prove a blessing !
Silly to even think of giving up now...

Agreed.

I am disappointed, but there's still fight in me yet just as I am sure there is in the squad. It's not over until it becomes impossible, if it becomes impossible.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Eastendmariner
March 16, 2013, 10:11pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
I think alot of our fans on here need a bit of a reality pill.
it was always going to a big ask to be promoted as champions.our form since xmas has been patchy we have not played well and managed some positive and well earned results.
I actually feel relieved that our automatic chance has gone.( Before you jump to conclusions I would be on suicide watch if we failed on the last day after being on top all season).

But it was never going to happen

1. Fixture pile up ( slightest bit of rain/snow and the match is off tin pot grounds )
2. LOSING probably our best loan signing for at least 5 years Pond. ( a major blow a class act)
3. Hearn injury niven injury, disley injury.....
4. some of the teams have sussed us out!!

We as fan's need to be realistic  we still in the play offs. we have a day out at wembley and I will enjoy it what ever the outcome.
If we had the injuries and the defeats at the start of jan we would be mid table and out of the running...
So every one get a grip of yourselves put your dissappointment/anger/ frustration on hold  when it's impossible for us to go up..Our good fom can return ! UTM

So every one

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
MarinerCraig
March 16, 2013, 10:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Agree with Eastendmariner completely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
PB
March 16, 2013, 10:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +256
Gold Stars: 3
I agree with all of these comments. Unless we are really unlucky we have a play-off spot, so let's prepare and plan for these games. We have the opportunity of two Wembley visits. Compare that to being a Luton fan right now  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Gary Haddock
March 16, 2013, 10:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock
I am probably the most deluded some might say. But I am struggling. But I Know we can still get promoted. So come on don't give up now and let's hope we can bounce back and no matter what enjoy our day out at Wembley. Wish I was going Nuneaton too but I am still unemployed and struggling. Seems negative.

But come on we can still do this, anything can happen. We shall not give up. Keep the faith.

Some seem to think I meant as champions, maybe the deluded bit that made some think this. I meant in any way possible, the play offs seeming to be the most likeliest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
80sglory
March 17, 2013, 1:45am
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Some seem to think I meant as champions

Perhaps it's not because of you Gary, but me ?

When I said "final day" I wasn't necessarily thinking of the final day of the season v Newport in an auto-promotion deciding game.

Was speaking generally, like if we end up playing on playoff final day at Wembley or even in a playoff semi at BP.
But yeah, obviously we MIGHT be playing to secure the playoffs vs Newport - I would think we probably won't need to but possible too.

All I meant was that if a dip IS to happen at some stage, then given a choice it's better to happen now than later right at the end.
Perhaps a pointless comment but was making the point it's possible we could regain our form with a run and get promoted.

Never say never (e.g. win the lot = 94 pts) but for various reasons right now, I think it's really pushing it to be champions.  
So if anyone thought that of ME they made the wrong assumption.
Hope that clears up any confusion...
Reply: 9 - 10
aldi_01
March 17, 2013, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Of course it's doable and yes I agree the title may be slowly getting out if reach, at present anything is still possible. If we start to think we can sneak in and win it our form could carry us through the playoffs.

As a Mansfield fan said to me on Tuesday, they have to win, losing isn't really an option for them given that teams around them have multiple games in hand.

We have almost a quarter of our games left, us an Newport could still launch and attack on top spot.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep the faith...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.