Reply: 10 - 17
lowerfindus
March 16, 2013, 1:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Having met burnsie a couple of weeks ago my opinion of him has greatly improved. He came across as a true support of the region in general not to mention the footy clubs. His son goes to watch town Home and Away and he really wants Town to do well. In his words "i havent seen town as much as id like to". I think heis questioning of JF's regime is because he wants what s best for the club. Matt Dean is another Town fan and he has to cover Hull and Scunny more than Town but its their jobs and they can't pick and choose who they report on.

We get good coverage from RH for a conference club and people have to remember when we moan about the bias we are in competition with The Tighers, Hull and KR for coverage.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
KK_DOG
March 16, 2013, 1:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I think Burnsy is an excellent commentator. He supports Hull City but someone has too. He usually says it how it is and that goes for Grimsby as well. Humberside gives us excellent coverage and we would be moaning if they didn't show an interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Quagmire
March 16, 2013, 1:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
No problem at all with Burnsie at Wembley, at the end of the day he's a Town fan.

What I do have a problem with is if tossers like DeFreitas etc go who have done everything in their power to prevent the club moving to a new stadium and, judging by comments in the Telegraph, will continue to stand in the way of the club moving forward.

Considering his total lack of support for the club it would be a disgrace if he set foot on Wembley way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
arryarryarry
March 18, 2013, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,026
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from lowerfindus
Having met burnsie a couple of weeks ago my opinion of him has greatly improved. He came across as a true support of the region in general not to mention the footy clubs. His son goes to watch town Home and Away and he really wants Town to do well. In his words "i havent seen town as much as id like to". I think heis questioning of JF's regime is because he wants what s best for the club. Matt Dean is another Town fan and he has to cover Hull and Scunny more than Town but its their jobs and they can't pick and choose who they report on.

We get good coverage from RH for a conference club and people have to remember when we moan about the bias we are in competition with The Tighers, Hull and KR for coverage.

Exactly.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
cmackenzie4
March 18, 2013, 8:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete
Who will be listening to him anyway ?

We will all be there !!!!!

Me Pete, I will have to unfortunately don't finish work till 1430hrs so it is the next best thing.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Toothill Totty
March 18, 2013, 9:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -4
Gold Stars: 1
Burnsie is doing a show from wembley way and as some previous posts say you cannot knock RH at all this season coverage has been superb and the current adverts they are playing advertising the fact we are at wembley are great they have been playing these for some weeks building up interest and excitment, they are also doing a individual grimsby focus each morning around 8.40am on various charactors from past and present. Another fact to consider is our normal dab coverage is hotly contested particually in scunny as the mw band is very poor in this area, hull city would even preffer dab than fm but due to our superiour listining auidience than scunts utd we are to keep dab also its now realised this is were you find gtfc coverage. All in all very good for a conferance team, or should we all ask for compass fm to come back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Laceby Andy
March 19, 2013, 11:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
I dont see a problem with the coverage either. Lets be fair Hull are top of the Championship and we are in the Conference so they will get slighly better coverage, its to be expected.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'Burnsie' @ Wembley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.