This thread currently has 1,120 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
pseudonym
March 15, 2013, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Been a bit wound up this week with problems.
1. Getting a torrent of abuse because we left people behind prior to Mansfield game. The coaches left exactly on time and we have witnesses on that score.

2. Have been asked why we don't pick up/drop off at various places. Quite frankly that is up to the driver.
3. Many times people state that they want to travel with their mates. If it is more that one coach it may not be possible. Or make your own way to that coach pick up point.
4. Membership fees must be paid. Some try and dodge the issue.
5. When I text people reminding them about pick up times etc, some text back and state that they are not going now.
6. A small amount asking why kids can't go for half price on the Wembley coaches. Reason is that we are fully booked so it is the same
    for all. Under normal circumstances we would reduce.

Makes me wonder whether it is worthwhile putting up with the hassle.
Rant over
Logged Offline
Private Message
aaron rattray
March 15, 2013, 8:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Lets get picked up and dropped off at our door, lets do a protest   

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
zorro_is_a_Mariner
March 15, 2013, 8:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from pseudonym
1. Getting a torrent of abuse because we left people behind prior to Mansfield game. The coaches left exactly on time and we have witnesses on that score.

2. Have been asked why we don't pick up/drop off at various places. Quite frankly that is up to the driver.
3. Many times people state that they want to travel with their mates. If it is more that one coach it may not be possible. Or make your own way to that coach pick up point.
5. When I text people reminding them about pick up times etc, some text back and state that they are not going now.
6. A small amount asking why kids can't go for half price on the Wembley coaches. Reason is that we are fully booked so it is the same

Rant over

You do a great job terry I always enjoy travelling with the battlebus, it's common sense as well if you don't get there in time for when the coach leaves its their own fault they know the time you leave. And most coaches do 1 drop of point yours does at least 5 which is a lot better IMO plus its cheaper than a lot of other ways to get to games I do agree you get a lot of hassle for all the work you put into it. Chin up  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
grimsby pete
March 15, 2013, 8:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
You do it because you love it Terry ,

Ignore the moaners and if they do not like it,

Tell them where to go.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
bradzmilne
March 15, 2013, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pseudonym

Rant over

Don't worry about it Terry,
I've never had any problem with your coach and anyone that says differently are deluded. Its not your fault if someone can't arrange to get themselves to a pick point at a set time. If their not happy with the pick up points, its one of them - why change the route for the benefit of just one person?
If people arn't happy with the prices (which are very fair in comparison to any alternative travel method) personally i'd tell them to ram it.
Your too soft when it comes to cancellations though! If its becoming a serious issue, ask for the cash up front? I know for a fact my group would be more than happy to pay it... (well, the'd be happy to send me on my bike with cash  )
At the end of the day, you run a service that is a credit to the club in the eyes of us Humberston lot and i assume 99% of the travel club feels the same and without it we'd be screwed! So if people don't like it - in the famous words of Mr Scott 'If they don't like it, dont facking come!'

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Gary Haddock
March 15, 2013, 10:48pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
You do a great job Terry. Keep it up. I miss being able to go to as many away as I use to. If they don't like it...

I love going by travelling supporter's club coaches (when I can afford to). We always have a good time away, win, draw or loss. And although I haven't been to many this season I will still renew my membership each season. You provide a service in which you don't have to do, but you do.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Codzilla
March 15, 2013, 10:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
It's a ballache to organise without all the extra stress of cancellations etc. I could never do it, sack that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Corkyefes
March 16, 2013, 8:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Two words Terry...

F**k Them.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Super Clive
March 16, 2013, 10:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
You do a good job mate!  There will always be someone willing to do it but why should you step down? We seem to be going through a bitchy period at the moment. Fans picking on other fans etc top left pontoon, Mansfield and now this. Whats the issue? Is because we are currently successful and the younger fans don't know what to do with it? It's pathetic and embarrassing.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
grimsby pete
March 16, 2013, 10:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
I think Terry puts a thread on like this every so often,

SO

We all give him a pat on the back,

Only kidding mate, you can see on here 99% of your users are very pleased with what you do,

Keep up the good work, see you at Wembley.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
MyDogsThoughts
March 16, 2013, 11:07am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
It's not just the coach Terry (not that I've ever used it): try organising a meal out for 20 people or anyhting for a large group. You always get folks who let you down, complian or don't turn up. It is always the same ones that never organise anything themselves but expect others to do it for them. They even expect you to pay deposits on their behalf and woe betide you getting the price incorrect or something goes wrong: it's all your fault.

I stopped organising trips at work years ago because of the w@nkers.

Hope this helps you to see it is a thankless task you do: I for one thank you, even though I travel independently.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
marinernige
March 16, 2013, 11:59am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
I very rarely travel on the travel club,but terry does a great thankless job/that doesn't get the credit he should,keep going tez,most people appreciacate the job you do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Alfie
March 16, 2013, 12:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Hats off to the folk who run it but, for my perspective, they missed a trick by only allowing 100 or so existing members to go with them to Wembley.
That's thousands of pounds that could've been funnelled back into the club or used to provide the hearty, loyal few a free trip or better service next season. Instead, that money has gone to private business like Coopers.

Other than that, can't knock 'em.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Travel club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.