Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatever happens i'm still proud of them all!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 77 Guests

Whatever happens i'm still proud of them all!

This thread currently has 1,219 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Byker_Groves
March 12, 2013, 5:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -2
Just wanted to go on record before tonights big match (and i don't mean Barca v AC Milan) as saying that wherever we finish in the league this season and regardless of whether we do go up or not i'm still massively proud of Grimsby Town F.C. this season and everything that they have acheived.

This is the first season since we've been out of the football league that we have even been in with a hope of promotion and a huge improvement on the previous two seasons, both in terms of results and performances. We have two relatively inexperienced managers who have come in and got this football club feeling good about itself again and perhaps more impressively got us playing football again instead of kick and chase. They have signed some very good players for us and have got the best out of them.

I believe that all the players that have played for the team this season have been excellent ambassadors for the club and have worked for each other throughout the season, even those that might not have the most natural ability have put in a shift and that's all i think you can ask of them.

We have another Wembley final to look forward to and obviously the main aim this season has to be promotion but it is definitely another massive tick in the 'good season' box.

I could go on but in short i just want to say a big well done to everybody at the club for the transformation that has happened this season, lets all be positive and get behind the team and the management (even when they bring Ross Hannah off  ) because they deserve our support and i'm sure that they're just as frustrated when things don't go right as the rest of us are.

Lets have a big win tonight and set up a fantastic run to the end of the season

COME ON TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gary Haddock
March 12, 2013, 5:58pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Good post. Well said.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
LondonMariner43
March 12, 2013, 6:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Good post! I know if we lose i'll be fed up but this is so true - its been a few years since we've had anything to be optimistic about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Marinerz93
March 12, 2013, 6:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Well said Byker_Groves, the managers,players and back room staff have brought some joy and pride back and I am behind them 100%.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
shotandcursed
March 12, 2013, 6:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Well written pragmatic post

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Longmariner
March 12, 2013, 6:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Good post, but wait for it, if we lose. The ones that can only moan will be keying like warriors tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Pontoon Pirate
March 12, 2013, 6:12pm

Believe! keep the faith.
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Couldnt agree more. Proud to be a mariner. UTM  

[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/rampage85/Fishy/bele2a_zps526df84f.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://pontoonpirate.tumblr.com/[/url]
[url]www.twitter.com/pontoonpirate[/url]

[size=14]"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."
"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
"Sweat plus sacrifice equals success"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
henry_kissinger
March 12, 2013, 6:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Here here!

Anyone wailing like an hysterical old woman if we don't win tonight should be named and shamed and expect a visit from Curtis!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Rick12
March 12, 2013, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Byker_Groves
Just wanted to go on record before tonights big match (and i don't mean Barca v AC Milan) as saying that wherever we finish in the league this season and regardless of whether we do go up or not i'm still massively proud of Grimsby Town F.C. this season and everything that they have acheived.

This is the first season since we've been out of the football league that we have even been in with a hope of promotion and a huge improvement on the previous two seasons, both in terms of results and performances. We have two relatively inexperienced managers who have come in and got this football club feeling good about itself again and perhaps more impressively got us playing football again instead of kick and chase. They have signed some very good players for us and have got the best out of them.

I believe that all the players that have played for the team this season have been excellent ambassadors for the club and have worked for each other throughout the season, even those that might not have the most natural ability have put in a shift and that's all i think you can ask of them.

We have another Wembley final to look forward to and obviously the main aim this season has to be promotion but it is definitely another massive tick in the 'good season' box.

I could go on but in short i just want to say a big well done to everybody at the club for the transformation that has happened this season, lets all be positive and get behind the team and the management (even when they bring Ross Hannah off  ) because they deserve our support and i'm sure that they're just as frustrated when things don't go right as the rest of us are.

Lets have a big win tonight and set up a fantastic run to the end of the season

COME ON TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
Ipswin
March 12, 2013, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Longmariner
Good post, but wait for it, if we lose. The ones that can only moan will be keying like warriors tonight.

You don't think there's a chance that we might lose surely?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatever happens i'm still proud of them all!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.