moosey_club
February 10, 2013, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from oldun

There was one moment in the second half which showed the difference between Hatton's style and Wood's. the lively Telford left winger broke dangerously into the town half. Hatton tracked him and gradually forced him wider and wider until their player ran out of room and he put it over the line and we won a throw in. Hatton never even had to make a tackle. Same situation with Wood would have seen him clatter their player with a rash challenge. If he misses his challenge he is on the deck and out of the game. If he mistimes it , then it's a foul and. Free kick to Telford (or in some cases a booking) . If he connects with the  ball it is a throw in to Telford. I am not saying Hatton is faultless but he is no fool and might have scored another goal in the first half when he saw a blistering shot well saved by the keeper.

and there were several moments in the game where Hatton hesitated to tackle got skinned and was rescued by Colbeck or Miller on the cover...not to mention his now standard taking too long to play an obvious pass down the line and getting charged down creating danger....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 101
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2013, 9:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
I am not saying Hatton is faultless but he is no fool and might have scored another goal in the first half when he saw a blistering shot well saved by the keeper.
When he could have slipped it through to Marshall for a 1 on one instead of a speculative shot (easily saved) from distance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 101
Les Brechin
February 10, 2013, 9:36pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
[img]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223403_10200148212060444_1172423270_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 101
oldun
February 10, 2013, 9:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I am not saying Hatton is faultless but he is no fool and might have scored another goal in the first half when he saw a blistering shot well saved by the keeper.
When he could have slipped it through to Marshall for a 1 on one instead of a speculative shot (easily saved) from distance

Fine, but if he had scored we would all have been raving about it and perhaps we would have had a more comfortable afternoon. Don't knock a player who is a good striker of the ball when he decides to have a go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 101
oldun
February 10, 2013, 9:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Les Brechin
[img]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223403_10200148212060444_1172423270_n.jpg[/img]

Great picture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 101
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2013, 9:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from oldun

Fine, but if he had scored we would all have been raving about it and perhaps we would have had a more comfortable afternoon. Don't knock a player who is a good striker of the ball when he decides to have a go.

Not really knocking him, thought he had a decent game, just putting forward a different point of view (though must admit I am a Bradders fan)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 101
Abdul19
February 10, 2013, 9:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Mighty could do with joining Stevie in the gym!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 101
CairnsMariner
February 10, 2013, 10:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from 1600

PS I (don't) admire your lack of commitment !

I know, it's weak isn't it? But then I am getting old and it was about 2.10am when I gave in.

Whilst I can't hand on heart say that I wish I was able to attend matches (I'd still rather be here), I do envy you all going to see Town push for promotion - my last spell in the UK it was all doom and gloom at Blundell Park.

Hopefully Wednesday morning will see a dominant hammering of Nuneaton. However, I'll gladly take another 1-0.

Up The Mariners  

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 101
Trawler
February 10, 2013, 11:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

Love it.

Was this celebration planned? On the highlights it looks as MM had it all choreographed.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 101
80sglory
February 11, 2013, 2:59am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
To be fair to Bradgftc, he has said that this may not have conveyed the meaning he intended - totally fair enough.

How very fair of you !
God forbid he ever has an opinion which differs from yours...  
Quoted from 2578
Sorry but squad rotation for me is designed to rest players and give playing time to everyone, S@H evidently do not do this thank intercourse despite what they say,  do you honestly think barring injuries or  loss of form they will be making sweeping  changes with the keeper, the back four, midfield (Disley/Cook already made 58 app between them)  the forward department is slightly different with the transfers but still no evidence their rotating its more a case of playing who ever is on form.

Well if you're saying squad rotation = "everyone" that's your definition and not one I share.
In answer to your question, being top of the table + in the Trophy semi, I can't imagine the managers would ever dream of sweeping (if that means everyone) changes and neither would I !

Guessing it's gonna be 3-5 max but who knows...

Just personally only time I would even consider sweeping changes would be if we were say e.g. 7-0 up after the 1st leg.
Quoted from 2578
I will try and make it simple regarding Devitt and Colbeck I want the player who is in the team at the time (this is now Colbeck) and playing well to keep his place and start the next game and so on..simples!

Yes we are winning and doing well this is down to the management keeping a settled side that has gelled and is high on confidence we are going to win the league, chopping and changing tinkering and rotating like luton will win them intercourse all.

So what you're saying is Colbeck should keep playing in the hitherto settled ("this is now Colbeck") side as we keep winning.
So presumably loanee Devitt can sod off back as we won't need him at all because we can just keep winning with the same 11 for the next 16 games ?

Or are you saying we only change things if we lose ?
If so, then you're in favour of some squad rotation but only after a crappy result which occured after adopting a winning formula that didn't actually work ?

Not trying to be a smart bottom, just using logic to make a point...
Quoted from CairnsMariner
I know, it's weak isn't it? But then I am getting old and it was about 2.10am when I gave in.

Not at all ! Just pulling your leg.  
Quoted from CairnsMariner
Whilst I can't hand on heart say that I wish I was able to attend matches (I'd still rather be here), I do envy you all going to see Town push for promotion - my last spell in the UK it was all doom and gloom at Blundell Park.

So you emigrated last year ?  
Yeah I think we sometimes forget we are lucky.
I dread to think of the fallout if we weren't doing well this season !  
I sometimes think football's taken far too seriously (but after so much disappointment success starts to feel important !)
Reply: 99 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.