1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
December 25, 2012, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
I think he will go. Fenty said in his interview that Luton are rumoured to be after him  

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-loanees-update-559542.aspx

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Whats_Up_Doc
December 25, 2012, 6:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -2
I doubt he'd go to Luton. He's from the north and I doubt he'd want to move all the way down there! Also he's done well here and enjoyed being in a winning team. Why would he jeopardise this to sign for the annual failures at Luton?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
davmariner
December 25, 2012, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Whats_Up_Doc
I doubt he'd go to Luton. He's from the north and I doubt he'd want to move all the way down there! Also he's done well here and enjoyed being in a winning team. Why would he jeopardise this to sign for the annual failures at Luton?

Yeah but not everyone is a little girl private like Neilson and is still breastfeeding.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
louth_in_the_south
December 25, 2012, 6:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,724
Gold Stars: 96
Luton know we're the team to beat now and will do anything to fook us up . They've been in financial shite up to their necks but don't care about it . They can have neilson but we should do everything we can to keep pond

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
December 25, 2012, 6:51pm
Guest User
I'd be surprised if Fleetwood's new manager doesn't want to keep him. He's been immense.
Reply: 4 - 8
oslohatter
December 25, 2012, 11:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Luton know we're the team to beat now and will do anything to fook us up . They've been in financial shite up to their necks but don't care about it . They can have neilson but we should do everything we can to keep pond

I'd be surprised if Fleetwood's new manager doesn't want to keep him. He's been immense.

We don't see just Grimsby as the only threat. Newport are more of a threat in my eyes,
Especially with the financial clout they have in January. Wrexham, Kidderminster forest green have to be seen as challengers. To be honest if Luton don't sort out a defence they will be lucky to come 5th.

Don't know where you get your story of Luton being in a financial mess. We have run the club sensibly since relegation. Hence not being able to compete with Crawley or fleetwood on a financial level.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Mighty_Mariner
December 26, 2012, 5:58am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
I'm getting less and less confident by the day that we can keep Hannah and Pond! Just hope the gaffers have some replacements in mind!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
gymadman
December 26, 2012, 9:17am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
If we lose Pond, Hannah and with Neilson gone we might as well all save our money and not bother anymore, it would be a statement from the club that this is our level and they are happy with it. But let's wait and see what the club do before we hit the panic button.
We have two ambitious young managers who would not stand to be denied a a chance of success by poor financial ambitions of the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
chaos33
December 26, 2012, 9:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,995
Gold Stars: 362
I can understand that view. I did say, some weeks ago, that Pond would be the biggest challenge in terms of retaining due to finances. As for Hannah - well either Fenty or the NLP are not telling the truth about the fee Bradford want.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pond decision in 2 weeks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.