2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
December 17, 2012, 7:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Right so am moving in my flat next month ( first time) and just wondering any tips with council tax, how much it is ect. Band A the house is set at I only earn about 800 hundred a month and will be moving in with my girlfriend. Is they any type of benefits or any help I could get possibly ? Thanks for ur help guys.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
December 17, 2012, 7:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Council tax is £100.00 per month at 10 payments, water rates will be £50.00  a month at 10 payments, gas and electric will be roughly £100.00 per month combined, then you will have tv licence,phone,internet etc to pay believe me mate it will work out a dear do, is your girlfriend working ? With your earnings you may be entitled to some help but that will depend on your girlfriends income, I believe if you live on your own you would be entitled to a 25% discount (maybe someone could clarify this) with your council tax, Hope I have not put you off and I hope it works out for you.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
zorro_is_a_Mariner
December 17, 2012, 7:59pm

Brandy Drinker
She's at college where entitled to 25 percent of council tax or maybe 20 will have to make sure and about 120 of the rent from the council. Internet well were mates with next door neighbours so we are free to use there wireless Internet, so I think we will be ok well I hope so ha thanks cmackenzie.  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
moosey_club
December 17, 2012, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,342
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Right so am moving in my flat next month ( first time) and just wondering any tips with council tax, how much it is ect. Band A the house is set at I only earn about 800 hundred a month and will be moving in with my girlfriend. Is they any type of benefits or any help I could get possibly ? Thanks for ur help guys.

You didnt say where you are? Council tax depends on location.
Also moving in with the girlfriend....are you sure about that? They are not just for xmas you know......well unless you met in her Freeman St then short term arrangements can be made.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
kingofthekippers
December 17, 2012, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from moosey_club

Also moving in with the girlfriend....are you sure about that? They are not just for xmas you know......well unless you met in her Freeman St then short term arrangements can be made.

I split with my ex around Christmas time some years ago. You know the spark has left a relationship when you'd rather stuff the turkey than her.*

*Stuff the turkey with Paxo before some smartarse mentions it. However, what I basted her with is another matter entirely.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
moosey_club
December 17, 2012, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,342
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I split with my ex around Christmas time some years ago. You know the spark has left a relationship when you'd rather stuff the turkey than her.*

*Stuff the turkey with Paxo before some smartarse mentions it. However, what I basted her with is another matter entirely.

i know that feeling and i am a fking vegetarian !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
jock dock tower
December 17, 2012, 10:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from kingofthekippers

Was that from the neck end? ...and, did you use the giblets for the gravy afterwards?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
zorro_is_a_Mariner
December 18, 2012, 10:28am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Grimsby road mate.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
zorro_is_a_Mariner
December 18, 2012, 10:29am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower

Was that from the neck end? ...and, did you use the giblets for the gravy afterwards?

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
December 18, 2012, 6:12pm
Guest User
Give the Council a call on 323710 mate, or pop into the Municipal Offices or Civic offices and they will do a full assessment to see what you may be able to claim as far as Housing Benefit and Council Tax benefit goes. Take your last few payslips, any income, tenancy agreement, any bank account statements and that will get things moving. It's important to make a claim ASAP as even if they are waiting for evidence the payments will be backdated from the day you made contact. It's harder to backdate as there has to be good reason.

They may also be able to advise re  tax credits etc. I'd go after 3pm as the wait will be shorter.
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Help fishy friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.