This thread currently has 484 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
December 17, 2012, 10:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Well done the England cricket team for getting a brilliant series win in India, especially after the gubbing in the first test. Cook is mercurial, and the future looks good with the likes of Compton, Root and Bairstow seemingly set for bright international futures. Great to see Swann and Panesar working so well in tandem, and Jimmy Anderson was....Jimmy Anderson!

Think Broad could do with a complete rest for at least 6 months, he looks completely jaded. On his day he's one of the best all rounders in the world, so hopefully he can come back rejuvenated for a winter tour next year? Also good to see seamer James Harris picked for the 20-20 games, a good Welshman. Had a great career at Glamorgan, although he has suffered with injury whilst still growing. Typical it took a move to Middlesex for him to get his call up. Note to the test selectors, it won't hurt you to cross the Severn Bridge occasionally.....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
December 17, 2012, 11:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Fantastic performance especially after the first test thrashing. I guess time will tell how much India's decline was a factor as England had hardly had their best year previous to the series. Will be some difficult decisions for the selectors in New Zealand - will be very harsh on Monty but can't really see either Swann being dropped or them playing two spinners on wickets that are bound to help the seamers. It'll also be very harsh on Compton but I don't think he'll play that many more tests. Think Root will probably bat 6 in New Zealand but I think they'll look at getting him some experience there before getting him opening with Cook and that will then create a place for Bairstow. Interesting seam bowling decisions to make as well - Bresnan and Broad both seem badly affected by injuries/operations, Finn is now a definite pick for me with Anderson as long as he's fit and then as Jock says, maybe Harris will get a go or Stuart Meaker probably isn't a million miles away either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
aaron rattray
December 17, 2012, 1:02pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
How many people on here like cricket? I love it myself

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
FishOutOfWater
December 17, 2012, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
As Gerry & The Pacemakers used to sing...I like it
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 9
December 17, 2012, 1:33pm
Guest User
Brilliant all round performance getting up at 4 in the morning as been a bit of a killer but worth it, anyway really looking forward to next summer now time of work already booked I would love to get to an ashes game but I read somewhere all official tickets sold out and don't want  to pay these online agents stupid money.
Reply: 4 - 9
grimsby pete
December 17, 2012, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from aaron rattray
How many people on here like cricket? I love it myself

I love watching cricket when its not footy season,

In my opinion players are asked to play far too many Test matches these days,

Its no wonder players like Broad keep having injuries.

In the good old days it was , a 5 test series at home in the summer and another 5 tests away in the winter,

Now it nearly continous cricket throughout the year when you include the one day and 20,20 games.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
AdamHaddock
December 17, 2012, 7:19pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,841
Gold Stars: 26
I love watching cricket (or 'griggit' as its players and pundits call it). I agree with Pete that the test workload should come down - maybe most series should be three matches instead of five - and also have less one dayers.

But its like snooker, to some it's hours of tedium, to me it's fascinating. Can't wait for the ashes coming to OT in August

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Marinerz93
December 18, 2012, 12:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Bobby Cliff - I don't like cricket

[youtube]BBRAzmaq5x0[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
gobby
December 18, 2012, 8:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Fantastic win in India, first time in 27 years! I did not think Cook was up to the task but how wrong I was. Young Root is the player to watch and was pleased KP proved why he is so valuable to the team. Looking forward to the ODIs and T20s in the new year.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
aaron rattray
December 18, 2012, 8:28am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Ive seen joe root live at Scarborough hes a brilliant batsmen

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England cricket team in India

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.