Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And you wonder why?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 66 Guests

And you wonder why?

This thread currently has 4,637 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GTFCchink
November 24, 2012, 6:18pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -1
It shows who the true supporters who go to town games!  But that's not main reason!

Clashes with middle and end singing! Today we joined in with the middle when chanting to get the pontoon rocking but when it comes to us singing its like oh who gives a intercourse and don't join in! I mean come on fellas were all fans of one team we need to join as a unit not seperate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 24, 2012, 6:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
The left side sounded like a few school kids being forced to sing hymns
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Gary Haddock
November 24, 2012, 6:22pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
At least we tried though, well you tried. I wasn't there today because I couldn't afford it but would of been if I could. I know how you feel though, I have joined you along with the lads that go with me, and I have seen what it's like for myself. But I wouldn't give up, keep trying and soon I'm sure we'll suceed (I hope). I'll be at the Tamworth game.

First home game I have missed this season.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 24, 2012, 6:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Well we couldn't hear what they were trying to sing most of the time, they can't be trying very hard because they are clearly talking the words not shouting them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
psgmariner
November 24, 2012, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from GTFCchink
It shows who the true supporters who go to town games!  But that's not main reason!

Clashes with middle and end singing! Today we joined in with the middle when chanting to get the pontoon rocking but when it comes to us singing its like oh who gives a intercourse and don't join in! I mean come on fellas were all fans of one team we need to join as a unit not seperate!

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1373407_o.gif[/img]

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
80sglory
November 24, 2012, 6:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from GTFCchink
It shows who the true supporters who go to town games!

Errr yeah sorry.
I saw the weather and bottled it.  
Not that I'd have been in the ponny anyway but probably shouldn't appeal for others to go and not bother myself !
Tbf not being local often costs me nearly a tenner on transport before I even pay to get in - at least that's commitment to the cause of sorts...

Anyway sorry to hear you had a disappointing day Chink.
But chin up mate, could it just be cos it's the FA Trophy ? Less passion and enthusiasm ?
Not that I'm saying it doesn't matter of course and we all want to win but 1300 there ? Hardly gonna be rocking is it ?
Or was it much more than that ?
Not belittling your points, just even AB said it sounded a very subdued atmosphere.
Reply: 5 - 50
GTFCchink
November 24, 2012, 6:43pm

Coke Drinker
I understand matey, agree with ya! I know your true supporter aha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
GTFCchink
November 24, 2012, 6:44pm

Coke Drinker
The reason is that when we don't join in with them they slag us off! But when we do and they don't to us disappointment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
kevikov
November 24, 2012, 6:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
I wasn't there  today chink, very young family commitments and all that. Mostly league games for me. It will NOT be like that for the tamworth game mate, i can assure you. Keep up the good work.  

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
80sglory
November 24, 2012, 6:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from GTFCchink
The reason is that when we don't join in with them they slag us off! But when we do and they don't to us disappointment

Well tough for me to say mate but were they older than you ?

Maybe some just prefer to lead and not follow ?
If so wouldn't take it to heart too much mate, I'd just follow them and if they don't want to join you, then just do your own thing while they;re doing nothing.
Remember (and they should too) it's about the team, not who's in charge.

Call it leading by example or setting a good example if you like.
Though bear in mind some might ONLY fancy their own methods - disappointing yeah but ATEOTD it's their perogative I suppose.
Just like yourself - you can join in with them (if you want) but can still have your own methods too !

Do appreciate your points but suppose it's horse to water and all that...
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And you wonder why?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.