Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the future for Britain...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 88 Guests

Is this the future for Britain...

This thread currently has 458 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
November 24, 2012, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
...if Labour win the next election?

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/9700321/Council-defends-taking-foster-children-away-from-UKIP-members.html[/url]

Snatch squads from a Labour-run council remove children from a foster home because the carers have different politicial views to the council.

Now whether you support UKIP or not, this marks a scary move towards totalitarianism. UKIP wants a stop to uncontrolled immigration and the removal of illegal immigrants from this country rather than an amnesty. I strongly suspect these are two policies most people in this country sympathise with. These policies are not racist. UKIP is not the BNP who want forced repatriation for those who aren't white.

The real matter here is how can a council decide that membership of a legitimate political organisation is grounds for not being foster parents. This is not the nanny state at work, it is the thought police in full flow. Today it is this, what will tomorrow bring? People's own children removed because the parents vote Conservative? Jobs in local government banned because you vote LibDem?

The crying shame in all this is that there is a national shortage of foster parents and yet this happens. I have always voted Labour, indeed I am a Labour Party member but this is not what I voted for. The left often make a virtue of their calling and portray the right as vicious, authoritarian and aggressive. Today I'm not so sure.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
KK_DOG
November 24, 2012, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
This is a football forum !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
kingofthekippers
November 24, 2012, 2:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from KK_DOG
This is a football forum !

Yes, and this is the non-football part of it. What part of non-football do you fail to understand?

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
jock dock tower
November 24, 2012, 3:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I agree wholeheartedly with you KOTK. I listened to an apologist trying to justify the reason for doing so this morning on the BBC News and was absolutely gobsmacked. I never, ever, thought I'd find myself rooting for Michael Farange!

Can't remember which council it was (Blackburn or somewhere similar?) but a fortnight or so back a bus driver who was also a member of the BNP was dismissed because of his political affiliation. Much as I despise the BNP and all they stand for I fail to see how a council can dismiss one for being a card carrying member - just in case he might abuse one of the different ethnic groups that used his bus. It leaves the door open for anybody, on the left or the right, to be dismissed for their views and that is quite clearly wrong.

The person who took the decision to move the children should hang their head in shame.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
grimsby pete
November 24, 2012, 3:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
I could never vote conservative,

I have got fed up of Labour,

SO

I have voted UKIP in the last local and general elections,

I did not know I was a racist.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
the ace face
November 25, 2012, 8:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
the people from the past whom put their heads on the block for our right to free speech and political diversity have been let down badly by our collective apathy to stand up to this kind of left-wing overactive hand wringing.
what is needed in this country is a strong leader in the style of winston churchill,lets say f.ck off to  the e.u.  and bollo.ks to political correctness of all types.
and on a personal note i am working class  through and through,but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see harriet harman,keith vaz, et-al get blown up along with all the other traitors in the labour party by a massive bomb planted by someone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
GYinScuntland
November 25, 2012, 8:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Named the thread wrong IMO, should be is this the future for England.
Sometimes my gob is totally smacked.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this the future for Britain...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.