Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No New Loan Signings?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 85 Guests

No New Loan Signings?

This thread currently has 1,926 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
November 22, 2012, 1:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Heard a rumour that S&H won't be bringing in any new loan signings for the Christmas period.

The deadline closes today.

Not too happy with that considering Hannah and Neilson will be going back.
Private Message
Gary Haddock
November 22, 2012, 1:32pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
I'm a little worried too. Doesn't Pond go back too?

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
biggles9999
November 22, 2012, 1:33pm
Main Stander
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Corkyefes
Heard a rumour that S&H won't be bringing in any new loan signings for the Christmas period.

The deadline closes today.

Not too happy with that considering Hannah and Neilson will be going back.

Is it not difficult for them to bring 2 guys into the team who chances are wont get much of a look in until Boxing day because of the form of the current loanees?

I would imagine that many clubs and players dont want to come on loan to a club unless theyve got a good chance of playing most games.

We will have three games to get through and then I wouldnt be surprised to see us go back in for Neilson and Hannah on January 1st - providing the rules permit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
BIGChris
November 22, 2012, 1:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Pond and Marshall are both here until January.

We will be without Hannah and Neilson for the Lincoln and Mansfield games. That was always going to be the case and there is NO way around that.

It would be very difficult to bring players in today, not play them until Boxing Day and then give them two games before we send them back (possibly)

We go with what we have imo. Colbeck, and Soares  will cover for Neilson and G Pearson and Southwell for Hannah.

If things change and someone else comes in then fine, but it wouldnt concern me too much if no further activity takes place until January  1st
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Gary Haddock
November 22, 2012, 2:00pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from BIGChris
Pond and Marshall are both here until January.

We will be without Hannah and Neilson for the Lincoln and Mansfield games. That was always going to be the case and there is NO way around that.

It would be very difficult to bring players in today, not play them until Boxing Day and then give them two games before we send them back (possibly)

We go with what we have imo. Colbeck, and Soares  will cover for Neilson and G Pearson and Southwell for Hannah.

If things change and someone else comes in then fine, but it wouldnt concern me too much if no further activity takes place until January  1st

Ah not as bad as I thought then. I thought we'd be without all of them and for more than 2 games. But I'm wrong and happy to be. 2 games withough Hannah and Neilson isn't too much to worry about. Though I hope we can get them back in January and keep all 4 until the end of the season.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
denni266
November 22, 2012, 2:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +704
Gold Stars: 135
I realise that there is not a lot we can do about  loan players going back, but i realy dont think that southwell and pearson  and soares  are in the same league  as nielson and hannah, and with lincoln on the up ( wash my mouth out ) i think we will struggle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Alfie
November 22, 2012, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Colbeck comes in for Neilson and Pearson gets the nod for Hannah.
Not the most mobile of front lines but more than good enough for this level for a game or two.

It is IMPERATIVE though that we get something sorted out for both players before they go back. I have a horrid feeling Hannah particularly is going to go back, get a goal on Boxing Day and never be in a Town shirt again.

Don't imagine Neilson will be a problem. Cracking little player but won't be getting in Crawley's side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
80sglory
November 22, 2012, 2:16pm
Guest User
intercourse me the jitters, doubts and worries have started already.

Cheer up it might never happen...
Reply: 7 - 19
oldun
November 22, 2012, 2:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We managed 3 games without Neilson when he was suspended. Marshall can play on the left side and hopefully Colbeck will be back. If anything happens with Pond, Miller is a fine replacement. If our other strikers are not god enough to cover Hannah then they should not be here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
November 22, 2012, 2:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
people are forgetting about Soares aswell... i think he still has alot to offer if we play him in a more central role
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
Super Clive
November 22, 2012, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
IF cooks in form like he's starting to now then we'll be fine for two games! If pearson is the man to cover Ross then he needs game time because he's not very fit at all at the mo!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Super Clive
November 22, 2012, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Personally I think it will be 433 for I'mps and Mansfield

Middle 3 of Craig, andI and niven

Marcus, cook and Joebeck.

Simples!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Dan
November 22, 2012, 2:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I'm pretty sure there's a loan limit (8 players on emergency loan for a season?) So it would be kind of silly to get more in when we're at 4 already and we don't know what's going to happen in the run in.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
BIGChris
November 22, 2012, 3:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Dan
I'm pretty sure there's a loan limit (8 players on emergency loan for a season?) So it would be kind of silly to get more in when we're at 4 already and we don't know what's going to happen in the run in.

but if any of then sign permanently they dont count towards the quota
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
jimgtfc
November 22, 2012, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 46
Dont forget Frankie Artus should be fit for the xmas period, so with him, colbeck, marshall, soares and possibly southwell we have ample cover for the wide areas.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
forza ivano
November 22, 2012, 3:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,310
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jimgtfc
Dont forget Frankie Artus should be fit for the xmas period, so with him, colbeck, marshall, soares and possibly southwell we have ample cover for the wide areas.

god forbid that we're relying on frankie artus the way he's played this season......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
cod.gtfc
November 22, 2012, 3:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Why would we bring in anymore loanees just because two of them go back for two games at the end of the year? Ok we might miss them for those two games but we were hardly going to sign more loanees from now just for two games at the end of the month was we?

Why do you think they have recalled Soares? That fills the position of one of them even if he isn't as good. We might be short upfront for those two games but being solid at the back means we can just rely on Pond to score from a set-peice and win both games 1-0. Easy!

I certainly wasn't expecting any signings today and I'm amazed anybody else was.

The only thing I can see is we might extend Marshall's loan to last till Jan, unless he is already here till Jan as some have said, though I thought he only signed for one month.

also can't you only name 5 loanees in a matchday squad? with 4 already its unlikely we need anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
RoboCod
November 22, 2012, 4:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from jimgtfc
Dont forget Frankie Artus should be fit for the xmas period....

Oh. Yeah.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
mariner91
November 22, 2012, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,921
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from RoboCod

Oh. Yeah.

. To be fair, he came on and changed the game boxing day last year. But he needs to start playing like that again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
KK_DOG
November 22, 2012, 4:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Twitter is suggesting there may be a striker in before 5pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No New Loan Signings?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.