6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
November 21, 2012, 11:06pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,723
Gold Stars: 137
Maybe this quote from that board (tonight) adds a bit more weight to the rumour....

Quoted Text
I took the pee out of this thread earlier, maybe eating my words if the rumour be true and I'm now hearing it from places I'd rather not be hearing it from, god damn hope they have been misinformed
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
hertfordshire mariner
November 21, 2012, 11:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from Meza
Leister is a naturally fit lad and I think he can still do a job I'd welcome him back and lester leads us to promotion who knows.

used to love how he ran at defenders. was it oldham he scored the 9 min hatrick against?

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
80sglory
November 21, 2012, 11:13pm
Guest User
It would make alot of sense if ross hannah would cost us too much

That's what I was thinking...
Though I do hope we don't quibble too much if we can get Hannah - I'd go as far as £40K maybe £50K if we can.
But suppose the difficulty could be players might ideally want longer contracts so if next season we're still in the BSP... ?
Reply: 22 - 51
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 21, 2012, 11:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from 1600

That's what I was thinking...
Though I do hope we don't quibble too much if we can get Hannah - I'd go as far as £40K maybe £50K if we can.
But suppose the difficulty could be players might ideally want longer contracts so if next season we're still in the BSP... ?

I wouldn't blame us for not being TOO risky, we're showing you dont have to really throw money away to win the league, i'd hate to do a mansfield and then not go up, and then who knows what could happen to mansfield in future, its a very dangerous game to play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
Sigone
November 21, 2012, 11:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
I used to like how he grabbed a defenders shirt and pulled him onto him so it looked like the defender has bundled him over.  So many pens when super jack played.  He knew how to cheat and make it look good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
80sglory
November 21, 2012, 11:20pm
Guest User
I wouldn't blame us for not being TOO risky, we're showing you dont have to really throw money away to win the league, i'd hate to do a mansfield and then not go up, and then who knows what could happen to mansfield in future, its a very dangerous game to play

Yeah agree, like you say it would make sense purely from a financial point of view.
Reply: 25 - 51
mariner83
November 21, 2012, 11:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Sigone
I used to like how he grabbed a defenders shirt and pulled him onto him so it looked like the defender has bundled him over.  So many pens when super jack played.  He knew how to cheat and make it look good

On the Get Up There video when he's interviewed they ask him if it was a penalty, I'm sure you can tell where they editted out him laughing  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
cod_head_doug
November 22, 2012, 12:19am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
I believe he started his career with Sheff Utd.
Class act for us though all those years ago.
After he left we didn't get a penalty for two seasons !
He could make it happen in the box.
But is he too old now ?

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
shotandcursed
November 22, 2012, 12:41am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Quoted from cod_head_doug
I believe he started his career with Sheff Utd.
Class act for us though all those years ago.
After he left we didn't get a penalty for two seasons !
He could make it happen in the box.
But is he too old now ?

Beckham is the same age . . . and a free agent

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
Stranger in the Park
November 22, 2012, 1:19am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -196
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from aaron rattray
We have enough strikers

We have strikers in name but after three months into the season some need taking to task under trade descriptions act. Town could lose two of them and not even miss them. As for Lester,I'd sooner see a certain ex town player now at Bradford come back into the fold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lester Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.