Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANDY COOK - HIS TIME HAS COME!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 66 Guests

ANDY COOK - HIS TIME HAS COME!!

This thread currently has 1,826 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Brisbane Mariner
November 20, 2012, 2:56am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from 1600

tbh think this is a fair point.

One thing I'd like to see is being a bit keener to close the ball down to stop crosses coming in.
Especially against a side like Braintree who's best chance was probably to pepper our box with the long ball.

Mind you with the precvious few seasons having anything other than bad luck is a definite bonus - perhaps Fenty has lifted the curse of BP

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 17
scrumble
November 20, 2012, 7:57am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from denni266

i think that is because at times the opposition has let us off the hook at times . how many times have we seen them miss sitters, . it happens 2/3 times a game ..  

Thats more to do with the league we're in than us being lucky. If they didn't miss sitters they'd be playing several leagues higher than they are.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
boroughparker
November 20, 2012, 8:23am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +4
Cook's game in my humble opinion is very much based on confidence . I watched his progress with interest when he was on loan at Workington(from his parent club  Carlisle) where he was simply very mediocre very much akin to how he played here at Blundell Park early in the season. The Workington supporters compared him with other loan strikers they'd had through their hands like Glen Murray and Grant Holt and frankly could not find any similarity.
What our  management duo have done  to Andy is discovered  and  added another side to his game. He has become a foraging target man in every sense of the word whereas before his time here I suspect he was played purely as a striker.He certainly was at Workington
I like many others have been delighted with his progress of late  and long may he continue to confound those supporters at Carlisle and Workington who had written him off as a 'no  hoper.' Confidence is a fragile thing, long may he continue to have it.

I came into this world with nothing and I am delighted to say I have most of it left!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
oldun
November 20, 2012, 8:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Saw him smiling during Saturday's game. That says it all for me. Confident, enjoying his football, showing skill with the ball at his feet, good running and still winning headers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
wigworld
November 20, 2012, 3:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from oldun
Saw him smiling during Saturday's game. That says it all for me. Confident, enjoying his football, showing skill with the ball at his feet, good running and still winning headers.

Either that or colic.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 17
lukeo
November 20, 2012, 3:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from oldun
Saw him smiling during Saturday's game. .

This for me is a massive factor to people's performance in all aspects of life. I've played football for 15-20 years and although only at amateur level, when I play with a smile on my face I seem to have a good game. When I've been put in a bad mood then i play excrement. It's the same in a working environment aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
brad_gtfc
November 20, 2012, 4:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
To be honest, I think he's had to adapt his game, which takes time.
Dont think he was a target man at Barrow, were as here thats the role he's definitely being asked to play.
I also think people forget how young he is.

Seems to be getting alot better, UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Super Clive
November 20, 2012, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Wiigworld ha-ha classic  
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ANDY COOK - HIS TIME HAS COME!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.