Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › (Temporary) Drumming :)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 86 Guests

(Temporary) Drumming :)

This thread currently has 3,569 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
GTFCchink
November 19, 2012, 7:45pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Okay,
So after reading about 2-3 good hours of the fishy forums, i have had read some interesting posts from Upper and Pontoon Fans and really want to help them (kindaaa thing ).

Okay so there is two drummers at the minute (As main drummer Gilly (Hi Gilly  ) at work most weekends).  and we wanted to bring the atmosphere back to the pontoon as the weeks the drum hasnt been there its been kinda poor! so we brought them back at Tamworth away. The first abuse we had (aha) complaining for using the drum during scott and hurst black and white army! Seriously.....I mean come on!  

But anyway we also had been told to try out the middle of the pontoon last saturday and sounded better....i must admit! but stewards moved us! so next time....think its lincoln home (Gilly might be back ) if not we will have to be there when gates open to get the section! Anyway some fans dont like the drum and i think okay thats there opinion and i accept that, there also some tips saying we need to slow down AGREED (blaming myself aha) Some kids nowaday.............

Sometimes we are out of tune, but we have only just started guys COME ON! give us some time aha, we are improving!

But i will pace myself using drum as you lot said we dont need them for most songs!

Post if you want to also give tips and ideas about my post!

Chink  

Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerian
November 19, 2012, 7:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Why don't you sit towards the lower Findus, (Imp end) of the Pontoon Stand....no one sits there and you may get the noise and songs following from the rest of the Ponny as well as the Findus!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
GTFCchink
November 19, 2012, 7:50pm

Coke Drinker
Quoted from marinerian
Why don't you sit towards the lower Findus, (Imp end) of the Pontoon Stand....no one sits there and you may get the noise and songs following from the rest of the Ponny as well as the Findus!

I see where your coming from matey but the whole idea was moving to the middle was to make an echo and louder where sound circles the pontoon! not travel out the side of the left side
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
November 19, 2012, 8:00pm
Guest User
Will the drum be in the middle for the Tamworth at home?
Reply: 3 - 52
flash1
November 19, 2012, 8:02pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
[quote=4131]

I see where your coming from matey but the whole idea was moving to the middle was to make an echo and louder where sound circles the pontoon! not travel out the side of the left side[/quoter

it sounds very much as if your flogging a dead horse jack,,stirling efforts away this season thou jack as you know most of the fans away appreciate your efforts and the players certainly appreciate the atmosphere away hence only losing 1 game away this season!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
roundballovalhole
November 19, 2012, 8:03pm
Guest User
Musical instruments have no place in an English non-league football ground

IMO
Reply: 5 - 52
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 19, 2012, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Two things

1. So you are season ticket holders then? Coz I was gonna say itd be much easier if you could just buy your seats in the middle in advance, maybe if you know someone who isnt a season ticket holder they could buy theirs there and swap or something

2. Sometimes when you start banging a tune you need to sing the chant your trying to start coz there was a few times on saturday where I dont think anyone had a clue what you were trying to start  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
GTFCchink
November 19, 2012, 8:13pm

Coke Drinker
Two things

1. So you are season ticket holders then? Coz I was gonna say itd be much easier if you could just buy your seats in the middle in advance, maybe if you know someone who isnt a season ticket holder they could buy theirs there and swap or something

2. Sometimes when you start banging a tune you need to sing the chant your trying to start coz there was a few times on saturday where I dont think anyone had a clue what you were trying to start  

Yeah i know sometimes i do randomly play it cause im bored aha! i promise i will stop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
tonyfordsmicrofro
November 19, 2012, 8:53pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
I'll be honest. The drum does my brain in. Whilst I really REALLY do appreciate that you lads are trying to improve the atmosphere, I also think there are many fans that think like I do and would just prefer us all to make a noise using our voices. I don't sit in the Ponny, I sit in the Lower Findus so it doesn't bother me as much at home games but when I'm stood near a "drummer" at an away game, it really does do my head in and I hear others around me say what I'm thinking.

We play at Blundell Park in Cleethorpes, not at the Maracana in Rio. Call me old fashioned if you want but I'd prefer it if we just got back to basics by singing, heckling the opposition etc and ditched the drum altogether.

Not having a go at anybody honestly, just my opinion.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Meza
November 19, 2012, 9:00pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
The easiest thing would be to do a vote if people don't like the drum in the ponny, ateotd the ponny has always been renown for the noisiest stand every club has one i.e. the kop. So if people don't like noise they really shouldn't be in the ponny pure and simple.  I know after going to several imps games there drummer is situated middle top (at the back).  

Did der....did der did did der....did der did der did did did der.......der der der did der... did der did did der.. did der did der der der der GRIMSBY!!!

Drum style

Bang bang pause....bang bang bang bang pause...bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang pause.... Bang bang bang bang bang pause... Bang bang bang bang bang and so on

The drum can only be used for certain songs I reckon

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
gary_elton
November 19, 2012, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Meza

Did der....did der did did der....did der did der did did did der.......der der der did der... did der did did der.. did der did der der der der

Drum style

Bang bang pause....bang bang bang bang pause...bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang pause.... Bang bang bang bang bang pause... Bang bang bang bang bang and so on

Fook me...   we wudnt know if we wuz banging.. diddin or derrin....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 19, 2012, 9:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
When gilly used to drum he could keep chants going for absolutely ages (once from like the 80th minute to the end or something) which is something that never happens without a drum, and I can see the new guy being able to do the same you were loads better this last game than you were the first home game I heard you at
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
Gary Haddock
November 19, 2012, 9:32pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
I see and agree what some are saying about they prefer it without a drum and we should get back to casics of heckling, chanting and singing. I agree but the thing is not many join in without a drum, that's something I have noticed. I don't know why but more seem to join in when they hear the drum(s) whether they're just clapping or both clapping and singing/chanting.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather hear a drum than the away fans. Though granted not many seem to come to Blundell park.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
arryarryarry
November 19, 2012, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 117
From the Upper Findus all I could hear was the flipping drum, no chanting and who was the cockend who carried on banging the drum in the ground well after the game ended, I mean for fuckssake pack it in.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
sutton mariner
November 19, 2012, 9:50pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
I love the drum! Atmosphere is w@nk without it.
Will it be at ebsfleet?!

KLeep on drumming son

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 19, 2012, 9:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,084
Gold Stars: 195
Quoted from arryarryarry
From the Upper Findus all I could hear was the flipping drum, no chanting and who was the cockend who carried on banging the drum in the ground well after the game ended, I mean for fuckssake pack it in.

How do you know if it was FFS???

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
Gary Haddock
November 19, 2012, 10:02pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from arryarryarry

You do get some right miserable sods. Supose you want to tell me off Mr for singing and chanting all the way home, just because I was filled with excitement with town being top and all. Bet this guy doesn't even like Christmas. Bah Humbug.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 10:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Meza
So if people don't like noise they really shouldn't be in the ponny pure and simple.

Common sense at last.

Quoted from arryarryarry
From the Upper Findus all I could hear was the flipping drum

Sorry mate but FACTS are BP felt more like a morgue only a few weeks ago with home results wavering to say the least.

Now the noise levels are finally up and 6 pts and 8 goals are in the bag, fans are quite rightly wanting to get involved and offer their great opinions to make it even better trying to push far as we can.

Ok YOU may not like the drum but does it help the team ?
That's the only real thing that matters, at least for me.
I personally think it does (or at least when there's a distinct lack of atmoshpere) but that's just my opinion.

Others have made suggestions and Chink, Gary & co have listened and tried their very best to take them all on board.
Fair play to them for everything I say but certainly not forgetting those also offering constructive advice.

Guess there's always an open door for anyone who thinks it should be done differently to lead from the front like they had ample chance to before to and still do !
So form your own chants songs and groups (not rock ones) and I bet the drummer & co would quite happily listen and even be directed ?

Seems to me no-one's claiming any one way is best.
Suggestions are great and guess some pro-active and constructive direction (ie, "try/follow this" not "don't bang the drum") on matchdays would be even better.  

Last thing we need is for anyone (especially the old wise heads) to sulk, feel unnecessarily jealous or feel like they can't be part of it or (if it can improve things IMO) even lead it !  
I guess the club really needs EVERYONES skills, experience and expertise.
Reply: 17 - 52
jock dock tower
November 19, 2012, 10:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
...anyone into Gregorian chants?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
STB
November 19, 2012, 11:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Quoted from jock dock tower
...anyone into Gregorian chants?

Or possibly a choral choir

When I do go to games, I secretly want someone to smash the drum over the drummer's head but I keep it to myself - just tellin' ya like.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 11:40pm
Guest User
Does the drum normally go for 90 mins ?

If so, you can't fault the effort (and think we needed it for Woking) but wonder if chants, drums, moods, whistles etc sometimes need to reflect what's happening on the pitch.

For example...

Is "Scott and Hursts black and white army bang bang bang" really the best choice when the opposition have got a corner ?

Don't get me wrong think it helps but wonder if something a bit more intimidating or "loyal" (for lack of a better word) could be better ?
Reply: 20 - 52
November 19, 2012, 11:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
Does the drum normally go for 90 mins ?

If so, you can't fault the effort (and think we needed it for Woking) but wonder if chants, drums, moods, whistles etc sometimes need to reflect what's happening on the pitch.

For example...

Is "Scott and Hursts black and white army bang bang bang" really the best choice when the opposition have got a corner ?

Don't get me wrong think it helps but wonder if something a bit more intimidating or "loyal" (for lack of a better word) could be better ?

Having played the drum for a season durning the 90s i have to agree totally to this, and for those who play the drum if you know who i am please come see me i can help you alot ! there are times to, the or bang the drum its just understanding the right time or tune to play 80s got it right in the above post a corner for the other team does not call for a GTFC song it calls for a hostel atmosphere and boos etc !!

But come see me fella (DRUMMER) am there to help sounds sad but i know how hard it is and admire anyone who gives it ago !

P.S Drummer you will remember me from the Hyde match i took over the drum twice and i sit N90 ish area

UTM and keep up the good work pal !
Reply: 21 - 52
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 11:56pm
Guest User
Pro-activeness = +1 from 80s
Reply: 22 - 52
kevikov
November 20, 2012, 12:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
I'll be honest. The drum does my brain in. Whilst I really REALLY do appreciate that you lads are trying to improve the atmosphere, I also think there are many fans that think like I do and would just prefer us all to make a noise using our voices. I don't sit in the Ponny, I sit in the Lower Findus so it doesn't bother me as much at home games but when I'm stood near a "drummer" at an away game, it really does do my head in and I hear others around me say what I'm thinking.

We play at Blundell Park in Cleethorpes, not at the Maracana in Rio. Call me old fashioned if you want but I'd prefer it if we just got back to basics by singing, heckling the opposition etc and ditched the drum altogether.

Not having a go at anybody honestly, just my opinion.

It would be good if that happened wouldn't it? I don't think it does though, nowhere near as loud or as frequent as it should. It was shocking that on saturday we went top of the league for the first time since we dropped to this level and incredibly some people are moaning that we tried to be happy about it?!

In reply to the op, keep going chink, you and the others in the corner. Take a breath every now and again mind  

Regarding the beat, you're just beginning so it'll come as you go on, try to enhance and emphasise the chant, come in at the end of a line and pump up the start of the next. Be the link between chants and chorus's. I think most chants should be started vocally and then the drum can come in to, as i said enhance and re-inforce the rythym.

There is a place for drums etc in modern football (because that's what football is these days) and used well they can raise the enjoyment and support a treat.

You keep playing, we'll keep chanting, shuffling and trying out anything we think might get as many as possible to join in.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
kevikov
November 20, 2012, 12:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from 1600

Common sense at last.

Sorry mate but FACTS are BP felt more like a morgue only a few weeks ago with home results wavering to say the least.

Now the noise levels are finally up and 6 pts and 8 goals are in the bag, fans are quite rightly wanting to get involved and offer their great opinions to make it even better trying to push far as we can.

Ok YOU may not like the drum but does it help the team ?
That's the only real thing that matters, at least for me.
I personally think it does (or at least when there's a distinct lack of atmoshpere) but that's just my opinion.

Others have made suggestions and Chink, Gary & co have listened and tried their very best to take them all on board.
Fair play to them for everything I say but certainly not forgetting those also offering constructive advice.

Guess there's always an open door for anyone who thinks it should be done differently to lead from the front like they had ample chance to before to and still do !
So form your own chants songs and groups (not rock ones) and I bet the drummer & co would quite happily listen and even be directed ?

Seems to me no-one's claiming any one way is best.
Suggestions are great and guess some pro-active and constructive direction (ie, "try/follow this" not "don't bang the drum") on matchdays would be even better.  

Last thing we need is for anyone (especially the old wise heads) to sulk, feel unnecessarily jealous or feel like they can't be part of it or (if it can improve things IMO) even lead it !  
I guess the club really needs EVERYONES skills, experience and expertise.

This!!!!!!!!!!!   In bloody great big spades!!  A.S.A.F.A.T.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
forza ivano
November 20, 2012, 9:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
what about drumming VERY VERY quietly?

people who don't like drumming won't be annoyed - people who like the drumming will just have to sit abit closer  

just a thought........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
STB
November 20, 2012, 9:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
what about drumming VERY VERY quietly?

people who don't like drumming won't be annoyed - people who like the drumming will just have to sit abit closer  

just a thought........

That's a great idea.
Maybe there could be a drum podcast so that all the coonts that somehow associate tunelessly pounding a drum with football matches could listen in private - just a thought.  

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
pontoonlew
November 20, 2012, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,101
Gold Stars: 181
I sat near the drum for probably the first time ever and it did my head in, in all honesty. The annoying thing about it was there was no period of time where it wasn't given a break, even when people weren't signing the drummer would just randomly start twatting the drum.

I see how it can build up atmosphere, but not constant aimless banging for 90 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
GrimsbyLad
November 20, 2012, 11:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
The drummer sounded like he was trying to do what Lincoln used to do everytime we used to go there and that was bloody annoying doesnt stop banging the drum all game ,needs to stop , sing some of old songs slow like you fill up my senses , we'll never be mastered , walking down the Grimsby road , we all follow the Grimsby etc... There were 3 or 4 old lads in the pontoon towards the bottom to the left side trying to start a few chants off like E I E I E I O and none of the young uns knew that need to learn lads and stop playing the drum constant only when needed to use it and stop with the number 1 number number 1 male masturbation male masturbation male masturbation chant its cringe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
cleemaddog
November 20, 2012, 11:28am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Drumming - good, if used in the right places linking chants etc, monotonous when used all the time a case of less is more!!

what about saving one of our chants till the last 5/10 mins like liverscum (walk alone) and man chewnited (red flag flying high) etc, not sure which one though probably one that can be repeated repeated repeated,( sorry)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
cocky
November 20, 2012, 11:52am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Sack off the drum and bring back the air horns!

Nothing was more guaranteed to get a chant going in the late 80s than a few squirts on the air horn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
GTFCchink
November 20, 2012, 12:08pm

Coke Drinker
Okay so I've listened in! Majority say calm down (okay I will take it on board)
Some say don't playing it (nope sorry but if you can remember when we didn't have the drum during the first 10 games no atmosphere at all)  and the rest say its okay!

Gazza, I wasn't at Hyde the other drummer was there Danny! But he told me about you aha I will come see you and ask for your personal views and tips !

But thanks guys gave me some ideas and thoughts about drumming in future games! Lets keep the atmosphere up next Half of season, see you all at Buxton at home! We will try be in the middle

Chink
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
STB
November 20, 2012, 2:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from cocky
Sack off the drum and bring back the air horns!

Nothing was more guaranteed to get a chant going in the late 80s than a few squirts on the air horn.

Too right !!

Air horns/Klaxons or whatever you call them were brilliant and started the chanting rather than taking it over.

Drums out - airhorns in.

Maybe the Trust could organise a 'kick fook out of the drums and relaunch the airhorns evening' - I would gladly join the Trust and pay £10 to attend such an event and even bring my own pie and peas.  

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Garth
November 20, 2012, 3:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
Never needed a drum years ago and don`t now, just a completer sh1tter, bring back the wooden rattle at least it could be used in self defence if required
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2012, 3:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I think this thread is a cymbal of how poor atmosphere is in all seater grounds.

But, it's nothing to be snared at I guess

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
STB
November 20, 2012, 3:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
As far as fans go, we've got a big bass  

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
lukeo
November 20, 2012, 3:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
SIMPLE SOLUTION. Keep the drum. Before the game try get the atmosphere up and whenever it seems to fizzle down try to keep it going for a minute and if there is no reply from the fans stop. Don't touch the drum until something on the pitch happens that may get the crowd "going" then try again. Don't constantly bang even when people aren't singing. I used to love the drum when I was in Grimsby and to be honest when the crowd was quiet I used to rob Gilly's sticks and mess around and it annoyed people.

Away games, if you don't like the drum don't stand next to it. It's proven the drum helps massively at away games 90% of the time.

I'm not having a go at anyone, just giving it from an old pontoon boy and away day boy's view.

Good luck boys and I really do hope it gets sorted for you guys and you can keep the atmosphere up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2012, 3:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Am usually smashed at away games so don't think I've noticed it

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
STB
November 20, 2012, 3:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
It's proven the drum helps massively at away games 90% of the time.

What a strangely vague statistic  

Who has proven this?

What does it help?

How does it make things worse for 10% of the time?

How much is massively?

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
lukeo
November 20, 2012, 3:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from STB

What a strangely vague statistic  

Who has proven this?

What does it help?

How does it make things worse for 10% of the time?

How much is massively?

Some of you people on here need to get a life and cheer the intercourse up. When I used to go watch Town every week home and away the drum helped MOST of the time. Places like Accrington was excrement with or without the drum. Now go to the DR's and get some anti depresant pills ffs.

Oh and before you say it, I don't care if you think my spelling is excrement, you can understand what I was trying to spell. I'm happy, my family is happy and I'm enjoying life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2012, 4:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I think theb was the key part lukeo daddyeo

Though, I guess you need to know stbs sense of humour too lol

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
STB
November 20, 2012, 4:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

Places like Accrington was excrement with or without the drum.

What does that mean?

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
80sglory
November 20, 2012, 4:52pm
Guest User
I'm guessing he means even if the drum wasn't there some people might still be moaning.
Not a dig at you BTW, just my own interpretation.
Reply: 42 - 52
GTFCchink
November 20, 2012, 5:02pm

Coke Drinker
Lukeo - was you the person started d-i-s-c-o off at barrow home last year? think i can remember you

Yeah i will take what you said on board!

Im not going so stop the drum going after the money i brought for it and the atmosphere to go to waste!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
pseudonym
November 20, 2012, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from GTFCchink
Lukeo - was you the person started d-i-s-c-o off at barrow home last year? think i can remember you

Yeah i will take what you said on board!

Im not going so stop the drum going after the money i brought for it and the atmosphere to go to waste!
There is still room on our coach for your drum

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
GTFCchink
November 20, 2012, 5:08pm

Coke Drinker
Yeah, im always on Battlebus anyway, and terry know ive got the drum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
BlackandWhiteBarmy
November 20, 2012, 5:08pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Quoted from STB

What does that mean?

That Accrington is excrement.

I think.

The only thing a good Stilton should have in it is mould, not f**king Apricots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
lukeo
November 20, 2012, 6:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
[quote=4131]Lukeo - was you the person started d-i-s-c-o off at barrow home last year? think i can remember you

quote]

Probably mate, I used to enjoy getting songs going and I had abit of a soft spot for the disco song when we was doing well

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2012, 6:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Well, how come there was so many complaints then, about the "old school" songs that started at some of the away games?? Oh yeah, you didn't know the words I guess. Let me start you off with one..........

We've got Paully Crichton at number one, we've got Paully Crichton at number one, we've got Paully Crichton at number one, we've got the best team in the land...................

Number 2 anyone (ooooooer misses)

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2012, 6:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Well, how come there was so many complaints then, about the "old school" songs that started at some of the away games?? Oh yeah, you didn't know the words I guess. Let me start you off with one..........

We've got Paully Crichton at number one, we've got Paully Crichton at number one, we've got Paully Crichton at number one, we've got the best team in the land...................

Number 2 anyone (ooooooer misses)

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
lukeo
November 20, 2012, 6:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
ORRRRRRR you could all just sing "Scott and Hurst Black and White army" for 120 minutes

Peterborough away must be the record for constant song from the Mariners faithful? I remember 'recording it' one year and it lasted just short of 40 minutes! Bury away also lasted over 30 minutes i think? with Rich (god bless your sole mate! <3) constantly blowing the trumpet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2012, 6:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Although it poss wasn't as long,  the rendition that happened at Bournemouth still makes me proud. Was probably only 10 mins, but the noise was cracking grommit

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
GTFCchink
November 20, 2012, 6:58pm

Coke Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
ORRRRRRR you could all just sing "Scott and Hurst Black and White army" for 120 minutes

Peterborough away must be the record for constant song from the Mariners faithful? I remember 'recording it' one year and it lasted just short of 40 minutes! Bury away also lasted over 30 minutes i think? with Rich (god bless your sole mate! <3) constantly blowing the trumpet

Rich <3

Think were going to have to smash that 40min at lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › (Temporary) Drumming :)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.