Private Message
wigworld
November 19, 2012, 5:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Possibly just because we're playing them soon? Don't want him in their squad, or giving away secrets!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 17
forza ivano
November 19, 2012, 5:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,303
Gold Stars: 266
his loan was extended to the end of november. presumably gtfc didn't want him cup tied so wouldn't have let him play in the trophy. therefore saturday was his last game for ebbsfleet and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's been brought back to have a run out on saturday. who knows might even be a master stroke for him to be involved in the ebbsfleet match?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
RoboCod
November 19, 2012, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Or maybe they've had an extended look at him and now Town need to know if they'll come for him permanently. I personally can't see him getting a look in with Nielson and Marshall around and we need funds to try and make (some of) these loanees permanent.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
jimgtfc
November 19, 2012, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Welcome back Louie, time to show us what you can do!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Abdul19
November 19, 2012, 5:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Play him behind G. Pearson on Saturday.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
mariner91
November 19, 2012, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Get him a few games before the Lincoln and Mansfield games when we'll be without Neilson?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Fishfinger
November 19, 2012, 6:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from Abdul19
Play him behind G. Pearson on Saturday.

Good shout. We have to remember we are only playing Buxton! We have a good squad and need to utilise some of our fringe players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Rich Boy
November 19, 2012, 6:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/louie-recalled-from-loan-496806.aspx

Says on the os that he cant play in the next two games for Ebbsleet any way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 6:49pm
Guest User
Good move.

I guess this is as left side backup since Frankie's injury and perhaps means he will be involved on Saturday.
I hope so !  
Personally don't really want to see us playing Neilson and risk him being injured til the end of the season.
Suppose at least he's on loan but would still be a bitter blow, so wouldn't personally take any chances.
Reply: 9 - 17
November 19, 2012, 7:08pm
Guest User
Absolute last chance for the lad. At 27, if he wants to make something of himself then he has to do the business. No regrets, he needs to give it his all. If he fails after giving it everything, at least he won't be thinking what if?
Reply: 10 - 17
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 7:42pm
Guest User
Well tbf he can't do the business when he's not even here but I assume you're going off last season.
Still wouldn't be too harsh though, players sometimes take a while to adjust, settle down etc, maybe that'll be the case here too.
Tbh I was slightly shocked when he left cos thought he had a very good pre-season.
I guess we got Neilson in though ? Can't remember...
Reply: 11 - 17
Brisbane Mariner
November 20, 2012, 3:16am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from Fishfinger

Good shout. We have to remember we are only playing Buxton! We have a good squad and need to utilise some of our fringe players.

Didn't we say that playing Bath City once a few seasons ago. Really couldnt care less about this trophy thing but if we can stretch a few legs that would normally be on the bench or in the reserves then great. Louie has some skill and perhaps his ebbsfleet experience has been worthwhile and may benefit the player and our club - if ebbsfleet come for him on a perm then great to - we can hopefully attract a better option in January.

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 17
TAGG
November 20, 2012, 3:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from mariner91
Get him a few games before the Lincoln and Mansfield games when we'll be without Neilson?

Its baffling to me why people think he will get any better. IMO he try's but is just a rubbish footballer.
If he gets another game in a town shirt it will be a step backwards. If we need body's for the Buxton game why not give one or two of the young lads a crack at first team football but don't use a guy who has had plenty of opportunity to impress but has never delivered.
Hes never done it for Town & never will.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
November 20, 2012, 10:59am
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
Well tbf he can't do the business when he's not even here

He could pull up trees at Ebsfleet and make sure the managers know all about it.

I just think this chances at this club are running out. His contract is up in 6 months and he has to do the business now. We read a lot about him missing his family when he signed and we saw his awful performances. Whilst I empathise to a degree, he needs to man up and grab the bull by the horn. Perhaps he isn't the strongest mentally.
Reply: 14 - 17
RoboCod
November 20, 2012, 11:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I just don't see how a short loan away could prepare him for a better spell here at Town. I'm more than willing to be proven wrong, but his job is even harder now that Town fans have seen Marshall and Nielson, two loanees who aren't even on Towns books.
He may knuckle down this time, but gone by Xmas would be my guess.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
brad_gtfc
November 20, 2012, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I think they want to see if he's ready for when Nielson goes back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Paris Mariner
November 20, 2012, 1:23pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Yeah, he'll play v Buxton and maybe v Ebbsfleet second half if we can get ahead and be comfortable in preparation for Christmas period for when loanees go back and/or we have injuries.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Louie Recalled

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.