Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 69 Guests

Just Back.

This thread currently has 6,717 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
November 19, 2012, 7:13am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
The squad are confident, cook, disley and shaun pearson are not quick at running but they all like taking people on and they usually beat them, they beat them due to true grit and determination

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
forza ivano
November 19, 2012, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,304
Gold Stars: 266
first time i've seen em win at home since the barnet game in 2010!!

disley was the stand out man for me - best i've seen him play, although pearson was excellent in the first half.
great to see a decent crowd in and by the end the atmosphere was like the good old days

don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but we were the only team in the top half to win! can't believe that stat has happened too mnay times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
Les Brechin
November 19, 2012, 11:37am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from forza ivano
first time i've seen em win at home since the barnet game in 2010!!

disley was the stand out man for me - best i've seen him play, although pearson was excellent in the first half.
great to see a decent crowd in and by the end the atmosphere was like the good old days

don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but we were the only team in the top half to win! can't believe that stat has happened too mnay times

Not quite, just yet Forza.

[youtube]H009wsh4cK4[/youtube]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
ginnywings
November 19, 2012, 1:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
First time i've seen Town since the Kidderminster cup game as i moved house the weekend of the Macc game and have been reet busy.

To be honest, i was a bit bored for the first half hour but have to accept that teams are going to come here to stifle us and we have to be patient and wear them down, which is exactly what we did, and once Hannah scored, there was only going to be one winner.

First time i've seen Marshall and he looks to have plenty of tricks and a bit of pace, but like a lot of players who slide down the leagues, his end product is not always the best. Understand he was better in previous games but i saw enough to suggest he is going to be a good player while he is here. Neilson has loads of skill and vision but was not as good as last time i saw him. Hope he signs though as he is a class act at this level.

As mentioned, Disley was superb, as was Pearson. The rest of the back four also looked good and was the best i have seen Hatton play for us. Thanoj showed glimpes of the player he could become once we got on top, but not convinced he has the steel just yet to be an automatic choice with Niven  probably a better bet in most games. Time will tell.

Easily the best i have seen from Cook so far and he looks to have a weight off his shoulders, perhaps with Elding gone, he knows he is the main man at the moment?

For a 20 min period in the second half, we looked a side capable of beating anyone but i just worry about our inconsistency at times. We could and should be way out in front of this league considering some of the points we have dropped unexpectedly.

Good to see us top the league for a first time in a long time and it's good to see some decent footballers in the side after years of dross.

Long may it continue. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 8:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Easily the best i have seen from Cook so far and he looks to have a weight off his shoulders, perhaps with Elding gone, he knows he is the main man at the moment?

Best I've seen him too - was very good in the air.
Think you could be right but not sure if you know, he's also been doing strengthening work behind the scenes with S&H.
Quoted from ginnywings
For a 20 min period in the second half, we looked a side capable of beating anyone but i just worry about our inconsistency at times.

Well we're consistently starting slow  
Only joking really  - like you say it can take time to break teams down and like S&H say, patience is sometimes important.

And we're improving !
No early goal condeded so things must be on the up !  
Quoted from ginnywings
We could and should be way out in front of this league considering some of the points we have dropped unexpectedly.

Ah well these things happen suppose you don't always get the rub of the green like vs Macc.
What's promising is without pulling up the fixture list, I'm struggling to think of the last bad PERFORMANCE we had.
Even Hyde was a good one or at least certainly good in parts.
I hope and wonder if the players are starting to believe now.

PS Oh BTW Tommy, my laugh wasn't at you, it was over the Pond vs Thomas yellow card debacle, just in case you didn't know...
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.