Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport County- league champions?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 80 Guests

Newport County- league champions?

This thread currently has 2,745 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mapperleystag1
November 17, 2012, 11:56am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
At the moment Newport are in pole position. However, as the article below emphasises, other teams (such as Grimsby) are better equipped to win the league.

http://footballphilo.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/can-newport-county-sustain-their-title-challenge/
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
November 17, 2012, 1:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don't know if we will win it and I'm not holding my breath just yet...will Newport win it? I don't think so. Aside from town I think Wrexham are a good shout.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
chaos33
November 17, 2012, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Too early to say with confidence and it is wide open. I doubt we'll have a better chance to win this league than this year by the looks of things. Think Luton and Town are best set-up (budget, support, squad size and quality etc) to win it, so naturally I'll go for Luton.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Marinerz93
November 17, 2012, 2:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mapperleystag1
At the moment Newport are in pole position. However, as the article below emphasises, other teams (such as Grimsby) are better equipped to win the league.

http://footballphilo.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/can-newport-county-sustain-their-title-challenge/

It's too open to call it but I voted Town because I am biased and believe we can do it if the players go for it.  I think after Easter there will only be about 3 teams in with a chance of going up as Champions, this league at the minute is so open it's like watching Town  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Dan
November 17, 2012, 4:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I'm not clicking on your blog

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
lukeo
November 17, 2012, 5:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I can't see anyone beyond Grimsby Luton and Wrexham to be honest. These 3 teams to finish top 3, i'll go Grimsby to win the league just because I'm going to be biased on this debate
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
bradzmilne
November 17, 2012, 6:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Far to early to call yet

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
siy2k5
November 17, 2012, 7:55pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Dan
I'm not clicking on your blog

Bit harsh...does it matter whose written it? It's actually quite a well written piece, or does it not count if its not in the Guardian?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
cmackenzie4
November 17, 2012, 11:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Town,Wrexham and Luton have to be the strongest contenders for winning the league surely, No reason why Town can not win the league this season   with Wrexham winning the playoffs.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
siy2k5
November 17, 2012, 11:18pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Town,Wrexham and Luton have to be the strongest contenders for winning the league surely, No reason why Town can not win the league this season   with Wrexham winning the playoffs.  

On paper certainly. It's up for grabs this year, no one is running away with it like last 2 seasons, anyone can beat anyone.

If we can put a run together of 20 unbeaten like last season, there's no reason why we can't take it by the scruff of its neck, although a lot depends on our business in January.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport County- league champions?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.