1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
November 10, 2012, 10:50am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Somebody posted on here a couple of weeks ago about their friend who writes this magazine.

Well, I bought it, and have read about half, these lads have a got a bee in their bonnet haven't they?!!? Talk about bitter! Modern football is nowhere near as bad as they make out. The use of swearwords is a bit unnecessary too.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
aldi_01
November 10, 2012, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Some people do go to extremes. We all know the game is dead and the money men are spoiling it but one can't Ello but think the game did it to itself.

It won't change now but whilst we still have our clubs, and a place to every Saturday then we should thank ourselves lucky. There are lots of possible solutions to te problems but in truth the powers that be are happy so a few angry fans who just appear bitter that their teams aren't high up or very good won't change it.

May be the game has to go mammaries up...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Abdul19
November 10, 2012, 11:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from aldi_01
We all know the game is dead

On the whole, I have to say I still quite like it. But maybe that's just me.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
ska face
November 10, 2012, 12:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,848
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Somebody posted on here a couple of weeks ago about their friend who writes this magazine.

Well, I bought it, and have read about half, these lads have a got a bee in their bonnet haven't they?!!? Talk about bitter! Modern football is nowhere near as bad as they make out. The use of swearwords is a bit unnecessary too.

What parts do you disagree with?

Of course a lot of the writers are bitter, some of them have lost their clubs altogether!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
brad_gtfc
November 10, 2012, 1:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
It was me, its not the same writers every issue. The bloke I know is just who puts all the articles together.
& yeah some of them do have a be in a bonnet, I dont blame them, but some of them probably agree go to far and no need for the swearing.
I actually agree with most of the articles in the latest issue though, ticket prices are ridiculously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Paris Mariner
November 10, 2012, 1:13pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
In both the articles about going to watch a game in Germany and Italy there this idea that it's always cheaper and better in terms of atmosphere because of Ultras.

Yes, as a one of the Ultras scene is quite spectacular and makes a lot of noise but when you go week in week out to a ground where there are Ultras, as I do in Saint-Étienne, it's rubbish. It ceases to be come atmosphere. It's just noise. In the 'Green Angels' Ultras bit where I stan at Saint-Étienne people are essentially guilt tripped into singing along by people with loudspeakers (as there in Germany and Italy - I've been and seen for myself) and by virtue of that good sequences of play, tackles etc aren't even applauded by the teams own fans - i.e the reason you go in the first place. Yes, cheaper tickets are available but only to those who knows someone who's an Green Angels member and it's the same for away games.

People also always make the comparison with Premiership football. They forget that English football, in terms of supports, has much more depth that that our of continental counterparts. In France, Germany and Italy, the though of 3000 even 4000 people turning up for a division 5 game is unthinkable. Yet, in England it happens regularly. Even League 2 has teams with better average attendances than in Ligue 2 for example. So, I think it's unfair to just constantly compare the foreign matches just been top flight ones.

With regard to people losing their clubs, I understand their pain but there is no need to say football is dead etc. Clubs coming and going is a fact of life. Teams like Blackburn Olympic, Oxford University side etc died out and it will probably continue on til the end of time.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 6
STB
November 10, 2012, 2:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I can't see what all the fuss is about.

I can watch more games on my telly than ever in HD, the prem is filled with brilliant players and a great mix of teams.

There are new team joining the league most seasons.

Sadly, being a Grimsby and England fan, football seems on life support at the moment.

Some clubs have moved with the times, some are still run by people who would be better off elsewhere.

I asked Alan Buckley last night what went wrong with football, he had some great answers.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stand against modern football magzine

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.