Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 49 Guests

Points next 2 home games

This thread currently has 1,470 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 8, 2012, 7:33am
Guest User
What's a good or acceptable points total from our next 2 home games ?

I'm going 4 4
cmackenzie4
November 8, 2012, 7:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If we are after top spot surely we need to aim for 6 points from the next 2 home games, Lets hope the team have just had a blip and go on another unbeaten run, Top place is there for the taking this season IMO.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
80sglory
November 8, 2012, 8:04am
Guest User
Like to think we're always aiming to win every game.
Still personally think 4 points would be a good enough return though.
Reply: 2 - 14
80sglory
November 8, 2012, 8:10am
Guest User
BTW when I say acceptable I don't mean if we don't reach the pts total then "it's unacceptable" and we should sack the managers !

At a push if I was offered 4 points right now I'd probably take them (just but a close call !).
Reply: 3 - 14
0ld timer
November 8, 2012, 8:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
seven
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
cmackenzie4
November 8, 2012, 8:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 1600
Like to think we're always aiming to win every game.
Still personally think 4 points would be a good enough return though.

I can see the logic behind this 80s, on a positive note it would mean we would not of been beaten at home i suppose, If say Newport got 6 points though from the next 2 games it would mean we would be 8 points behind them, We better get 6 points mate because i will be at the next 2 home games.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
80sglory
November 8, 2012, 8:26am
Guest User
Quoted from cmackenzie4
If say Newport got 6 points though from the next 2 games it would mean we would be 8 points behind them

See they're off to Alfteton next - think WE'RE the only team to win there for a while so hopefully that'll be no walkover for them.
Then they play in form Hyde.
Suppose just in theory Newport could keep winning forever and we'll never ever catch them but guess they'll come a cropper at some point.
All we can do is do our very best I suppose and just let others do their own thing.

Quoted from cmackenzie4
We better get 6 points mate because i will be at the next 2 home games.

Ha ha good one, UTM !
Reply: 6 - 14
Marinerz93
November 8, 2012, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We need to maximise points and get back on track, other teams have games in hand and if they win them we will drop out of the play-off's.  If the players are serious about progressing up the football pyramid they need to get into them from the start.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
conscorner
November 8, 2012, 9:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +300
Gold Stars: 3
The aim must be to get to the top of this league and stay there, so 6 points is acceptable.

Acheiving 4 points, means another 2 home points dropped ( 11 home points dropped already this season) and we remain in a 'play off spot' - I just don't like talk of play -offs in this part of the season.

Really need to push on now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
80sglory
November 8, 2012, 9:11am
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93
We need to maximise points and get back on track, other teams have games in hand and if they win them we will drop out of the play-off's.

Fully appreciate what you're saying and obviously we want the LOT but you might argue we'll be back on track if we beat Woking.
If that was the case not sure an e.g. unlucky draw vs Braintree is necessarily gonna mean the end of any auto-promotion challenge but yeah, we want to get as close as we can and win every game.

Perhaps I should have just asked "How many points would you like ?" instead.

So basically both games are "must win", is that what we're saying ?
Side question just out of interest if we don't get all 6 pts are we completely screwed ?  
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Points next 2 home games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.