Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JEKYLL AND HYDE!!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 91 Guests

JEKYLL AND HYDE!!!

This thread currently has 1,472 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
the solster
November 6, 2012, 9:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -3
What a disastrous night that was. What is wrong with this team!!!! Pearson sounded like a sack of garbage!! Even Elding might have done better?
We need a leader on the pitch, a striker who can terrorise defenders and to learn how to play consistently without chucking points away.
We lost to a team that's only won twice at home all season and was second bottom - Just not good enough this kind of form. Sort it out now Shorty and Shouty before it's too late. We must learn how to defend for 95 minutes week in, week out. It does not fill any fan with confidence when we need to throw on a matchwinner in the last 10 minutes and its flipping Dale Southwell. Oh the days of Jackie Lester and Super Clive!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
louth_in_the_south
November 6, 2012, 9:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
We've got one . But he snapped his Achilles - remember ? Ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 10:15pm
Guest User
Is Neilson back next game ?
Reply: 2 - 13
chaos33
November 6, 2012, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
He got a straight red. Is that 3 games? He's missed two now.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 10:18pm
Guest User
Ok thanks 1 more to go then.
Reply: 4 - 13
grimsby pete
November 6, 2012, 10:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Over reaction again,

We have lost our 2nd away game in over a year,

Get over it,

We will bounce back.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
TAGG
November 6, 2012, 11:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Any one who was there tell me how Pearson played when he came on? I'm a fan of Elding as a player(I can take the sh1t) and cant believe he wasnt even on the bench.
Only seen Pearson once and he wouldnt have looked out of place in a Div 3 Sunday league team.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Maringer
November 6, 2012, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
Pearson looked as though he was coming into some form when he got injured - a couple of goals against Mansfield before bit-part performances during the next two games and an injury lay-off. I also remember him causing us all sorts of problems in that fateful game against Burton not so long ago and it shouldn't be forgotten that he scored 18 goals for Burton in their BSP promotion season.

I'm not quite sure why he received such poor reviews from some early in the season - none of the strikers were doing well but he certainly didn't seem any worse than the rest of them and he's scored as many as either Elding or Cook in less than half the number of appearances this season.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does when he gets back to full fitness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
headingly_mariner
November 6, 2012, 11:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
I thought at times tonight we were pretty good, I must say I thought Marshall was excellent, he was positive every time he got the ball and could have had his full back sent off for two rash challenges in the first 15 minutes. We created quite a bit and should have done better in front of goal a couple of times, thought Niven was unlucky to come off and maybe a change of shape to 3 in the middle would have suited us. After we scored it looked like only one team could win it and then they score on a rare attack with a wicked deflection. The first two goals were freak mistakes from two of our most consistent performers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
November 7, 2012, 8:52am
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG
Any one who was there tell me how Pearson played when he came on? I'm a fan of Elding as a player(I can take the sh1t) and cant believe he wasnt even on the bench.
Only seen Pearson once and he wouldnt have looked out of place in a Div 3 Sunday league team.

He wouldn't get in my Sunday divison 5 team. He's like Bambi on ice and has a touch like Terrell Forbes.
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JEKYLL AND HYDE!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.