Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hyde match thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

Hyde match thread

This thread currently has 33,489 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 6, 2012, 9:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from aldi_01
Hardly the disaster some are claiming it to be...flipping hell some people need to calm the intercourse down.

So we didn't win, Christ we won't win every game and losing our first away game in November is a great run.

We have a game on Saturday, no need to dwell, back on it and keep going...anyone expect the top 5 to change much more for the remainder of the season?

You pretty much say this after every defeat, which is getting more and more frequent lately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 283
hook line and sinker
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from rancido

So , if Hearn had been playing this season and was suspended for 1 match then you would have him on the bench because we had won the previous match ?

At present no,simply because liam hearn is twice the player as any striker we have at the club at present,as for pearson and miller me personally i wouldnt of changed it as miller is just as good as pearson. Why change a winning side? What must the player think? had a decent game won away and then gets replaced? asking for problems doing things like that, we are not a man utd were players will be happy to sit on the bench, in this division players can soon look elsewere and get 1st team football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 283
roundballovalhole
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
Hardly the disaster some are claiming it to be...flipping hell some people need to calm the intercourse down.

So we didn't win, Christ we won't win every game and losing our first away game in November is a great run.

We have a game on Saturday, no need to dwell, back on it and keep going...anyone expect the top 5 to change much more for the remainder of the season?

I always respect you, particularly for your balanced, non-reactive opinion. . . I DO think tonight was massive though. . . I hope I'm wrong!
Reply: 252 - 283
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 9:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
FAO 80sglory:   I meant over the season, not recent performances.  Starting with the first home league game of the season.

Yeah I know.

ginny Wrexham got lucky 1-0 down when they got an extra man and the game turned.
We were unlucky and a slow start didn't help.
Sorry but do people seriously expect to win EVERY game ?!

Reply: 253 - 283
RoboCod
November 6, 2012, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from aldi_01

Problem is our home form of late. We're either scoring for fun at home and chucking away games, like last season, or playing like frightened rabbits in the headlights at home and throwing games away while winning on the road. Right now we're chucking games away both home and away.
Needs sorting by the end of November and get ourselves straightened out for Xmas and New Year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 283
brad_gtfc
November 6, 2012, 10:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
bloody rubbish,set up wrong tactically from the start,should of kept the same team no player has the right to walk straight back into the side and especially to replace a top player such as miller.that result was a insult to the great support there again from town tonight,

Tactically wrong how?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 283
chaos33
November 6, 2012, 10:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from ginnywings
Dress it up all you like, that's a crap result.

Second from bottom, 3 wins all season, lost their top scorer and goaly just before kick off and they play us off the pitch for 45 mins giving us too much to do.

The latest in a string of poor results against lowly sides. Wrexham show the way to do it.

Abso-f***ing-lutely spot-on. Totally agree. No hiding from that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 283
ginnywings
November 6, 2012, 10:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1600

Yeah I know.

ginny Wrexham got lucky 1-0 down when they got an extra man and the game turned.
We were unlucky and a slow start didn't help.
Sorry but do people seriously expect to win EVERY game ?!

Wrexham were lucky and we were unlucky? That's bowlocks. We never crush lowly teams, even when they go down to ten men.

I think our players attitudes are wrong against the lowly sides. Think they are expecting to win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 283
brad_gtfc
November 6, 2012, 10:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Poor start has cost us, although we didn't get anything from it, to get back to 2-2 is a positive, the fact we cant go on and win is not good enough.
Pearson and Pond are the best CB pairing we have, but should've stuck with Miller, why change a winning side?

We really need to get someone in to play alongside Hannah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 283
Maringer
November 6, 2012, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
The problem with relying on your defence to win games for you is that, when they inevitably have an off day from time to time, you don't tend to get results. At present, when the defence plays badly we lose, because our attackers aren't scoring enough goals to bail them out at any point.

That said, I suppose we did score another couple away from home tonight but it wasn't enough due to defensive errors. I think the main problem is simply that we really aren't that good at the moment - even when we get a result, it is rarely a convincing performance. All too often, the post-match comments from the managers seem to be that we didn't play well but they then go on to comment on the plus points from the performance. At some point we need to actually start playing well if we're going to have a hope of automatic promotion!

We have a decent keeper and a good defence (off-days aside), an average midfield and a weak forward line (Hannah aside). The way we are playing, finishing in the play-offs is about the most we can hope for unless the midfield or supporting strikers can up their game quite a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 283
29 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hyde match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.