This thread currently has 1,867 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
AlanPoutonsTackle
November 3, 2012, 7:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
  After just reading Big Chris just back entry and with Eldings season  as it has been this season so far, I just wondered on thoughts. I recall when he first came he was poor and then picked up. i accept he works hard but i am wondering now if he is good enough for us as it stands . I know he had interest from Preston but surely he won't actually play at that level if he goes. Or will he? I worry a bit about our goal threat as we push on looking for promotion. At the minute we do rely on a strong defence.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
barralad
November 3, 2012, 8:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
In no way could I be described as his biggest fan but there is no doubt in my mind that he is trying.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Garth
November 3, 2012, 8:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Always reminds me of Mike Hickman, trys hard runs about a lot but not much of a finisher
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
BIGChris
November 3, 2012, 8:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Garth
Always reminds me of Mike Hickman, trys hard runs about a lot but not much of a finisher

For me he couldnt be further away from Mike Hickman who had the heart of a lion, could run all day and was brave
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Marinerz93
November 3, 2012, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
His role as a striker is to score goals, secondly to set them up and thirdly to hold the ball up.  It could be argued that our midfield isn't strong enough to give the forwards plenty of opportunities.  It can also be argued that Elding doesn't hold the ball up that well, get's shorter when he jumps and by jumping I mean that once in a blue moon both of his feet leave the ground.

For me,  he had his head turned after pledging loyalty and put in a transfer request.  He has missed Hearn because Hearn covered most of the ground for Elding who is slow and cumbersome.  I wouldn't be selecting him for the first team and I would let him go in January, his large wages will free up for someone who wants it more than someone who is frightened to get stuck in and actually win balls in the air.

It can be a question of not good enough but for me he is poor value for money and the ever amounting sitters he misses is costing us.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
wigworld
November 3, 2012, 9:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I didn't see the Barrow game, but other than then, has he scored or contributed to any goals this season?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 18
arryarryarry
November 3, 2012, 9:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Garth

Just keep taking the tablets and nurse will be along shortly to tuck you in.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
arryarryarry
November 3, 2012, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Marinerz93
His role as a striker is to score goals, secondly to set them up and thirdly to hold the ball up.  It could be argued that our midfield isn't strong enough to give the forwards plenty of opportunities.  It can also be argued that Elding doesn't hold the ball up that well, get's shorter when he jumps and by jumping I mean that once in a blue moon both of his feet leave the ground.

For me,  he had his head turned after pledging loyalty and put in a transfer request.  He has missed Hearn because Hearn covered most of the ground for Elding who is slow and cumbersome.  I wouldn't be selecting him for the first team and I would let him go in January, his large wages will free up for someone who wants it more than someone who is frightened to get stuck in and actually win balls in the air.

It can be a question of not good enough but for me he is poor value for money and the ever amounting sitters he misses is costing us.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Mariner56
November 3, 2012, 9:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad
In no way could I be described as his biggest fan but there is no doubt in my mind that he is trying.

Yes, very!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
bradzmilne
November 3, 2012, 9:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
In my opinion he never had it!
I think last year 'we' loved him because he showed passion which hardly any town players have done for the last 5+ seasons. He can get in the right positions shown by his goals, but his finishing is so poor for a pro footballer. I was saying to my mate ability wise he is the worst 15 goal a season striker ive ever seen.
Still as soon as he puts a town shirt on me and every other town fan should support 100%
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
barralad
November 3, 2012, 10:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Marinerz93

In the interests of fairness he won a lot in the air today.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
80sglory
November 3, 2012, 10:53pm
Guest User
Thank goodness someones trying to be fair.

Out of interest how many goalscoring chances did he a) create and b) miss today ?
Reply: 11 - 18
BIGChris
November 3, 2012, 11:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from barralad

I didnt know that accident ruined your eyesight too!!!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Marinerz93
November 3, 2012, 11:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Every dog has his day in fairness Barra    , can you say this about him every game or is it just the once in a blue moon type game  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
TAGG
November 3, 2012, 11:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Is it just Town fans that need one player to kick fook out of on fan forums every season or do other clubs fans do the same?

Elding is playing in a team that are 3rd in the league so he must have done his bit somewhere along the line.
The two blokes in charge seem to like his style so why not back off Elding for a bit, if they dont think hes cutting it I'm sure they will do something about it.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Marinerz93
November 4, 2012, 12:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
Is it just Town fans that need one player to kick fook out of on fan forums every season or do other clubs fans do the same?

Elding is playing in a team that are 3rd in the league so he must have done his bit somewhere along the line.
The two blokes in charge seem to like his style so why not back off Elding for a bit, if they dont think hes cutting it I'm sure they will do something about it.

At Scunthorpe they drove a player out before the season begun and at other clubs certain players have been threatened.  It's just Town fans who feel the need to slag other Town fans off or that could also happen at other clubs too  

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
headingly_mariner
November 4, 2012, 12:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from TAGG

He has hardly done himself any favours, I think the fans have been easy on him, especially after his transfer request.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
TAGG
November 4, 2012, 12:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He has hardly done himself any favours, I think the fans have been easy on him, especially after his transfer request.

Fookin boo hoo he put in a transfer request FFS grow up.
How many on here have left a job to go to a better one?

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Garth
November 4, 2012, 10:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Its a bit waspy on this thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony Elding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.