Reply: 20 - 27
gary_elton
November 4, 2012, 9:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6

My friend pointed you out to me. You look like I thought you would.

there's a compliment if ever I saw one...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Hagrid
November 4, 2012, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
I saw you aaron! You was clapping about something and I said hello to you and you looked as confused as a fat kid at salad bar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
MyDogsThoughts
November 4, 2012, 11:34am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Why are there two 'Just back' threads?

I thought Marshall tried too hard in the first half taking one touch too many and playing in front of Bradley didn't work, they were too far apart. Second half he played on the left in front of Thomas and they gelled better, Marshall showed some neat footwork and was sythed down a few times, always bouncing up and not complaining. The sending off was a little harsh, happened ten yards from me (I was in row B): their central defender lunged in and was late, Marshall saw it coming and managed to get his feet off the ground and still got caught, had be he been back on his heels some serious damage could have been done. No mallice in the tackle, just off the ground and slightly late.

The game was close with us being the better side for most of the game. What worries me is our tactics during the latter half of the second halves: Tamworth were down to ten men, then another one of their lads hurt himself and because they'd used all three subs he hobbled around for the last 15 minutes. They therefore had 8 outfield players yet we still sat back and conceeded ground to them. It's great that our defence is so tight but this sort of 'inviting' teams to attack us will not work every week. yes, I know we haven't lost away this season, but we certainly make it hard for ourselves.

Elding was fine and caused all sorts of problems for their defence and I thought he did fine: Cook just doesn't look like a footballer and isn't as mobile, but I'm not a manager and don't know what goes on in training etc, etc.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
aaron rattray
November 4, 2012, 12:10pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Hagrid
I saw you aaron! You was clapping about something and I said hello to you and you looked as confused as a fat kid at salad bar

Thats cos i heard somebody say my name but i didn't know where it was coming from

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
grimsby pete
November 4, 2012, 12:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Why are there two 'Just back' threads?

Elding was fine and caused all sorts of problems for their defence and I thought he did fine: Cook just doesn't look like a footballer and isn't as mobile, but I'm not a manager and don't know what goes on in training etc, etc.

NO you are not a manager,

YOU are a dog,

AND don't you forget it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
MyDogsThoughts
November 4, 2012, 12:19pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from grimsby pete

NO you are not a manager,

YOU are a dog,

AND don't you forget it.

Thanks for the help there Pete: I'll try and not forget!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
RonMariner
November 4, 2012, 12:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
I think we looked pretty solid today. With a sound performance from the keeper and back four. Niven and Disley held it together well in the middle and we had threat down both wings, especially from marshall in the seconf half.

The strikers didn't get much change from out of a fairly robust Tamworth back line, but we really got on top in the second half.

We ground out a good win against pretty tought opponents. In previuos seasons we would probably have caved, but this team certainly have some resolve.  I think we are very hard to beat away from home, and if we can just get the home form togthether we could ceratinly challenge for top spot.

Great day out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.