Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

Tamworth preview MP

This thread currently has 521 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 2, 2012, 4:55am
Guest User
Apart from Pearson and Neilson, Ford and Artus took knocks in the reserve game and will be assessed.

Matt Dean: "What are the prospects of changes elsewhere in your side ?"
Paul Hurst:  "I don't think we'll be making many that's for sure because a couple are enforced anyway and you can lose the sort of balance of the team. Last Saturday have to say I thought we played pretty well...."

Agree with Hurst here.

tbh did wonder with some personnel ALREADY missing + 2 games in 4 days whether changes were at least worth having a think about (guess they've already done this) before what appeared to be the "easier" Hyde game.

But interesting to note Tamworth(9th) have lost their last 3 at home and Hyde(23rd) are unbeaten in their last 4 at home (including beating Tamworth themselves) whilst scoring 10 goals.
Whether you rely on form, think runs are there to be broken or pay no attention whatsoever is all up for debate.
But think it's fair to say no-one should rely solely on league positions when comparing the 2 fixtures or expect an easy game on Tuesday.

Anyway we'll see if there are changes and guessing Elding's inclusion could be the main talking point.
Whilst I would be quite tempted to swap the strikeforce (or even other players) around, could fully appreciate any decision to trust in our levels of recent performance (he mentions this word) or keep the faith in the same personnel so to speak. (that's if we do obviously...).  

Matt Dean: "How concerned are you about the results just recently ?"
Paul Hurst: "Not concerned in the slightest if I'm honest." [then goes on to rightfully explain the merits of our recent performances albeit not the results]

Anyway, tough one for the managers IMO !
But certainly very pleased they're looking at things objectively and not pressing any panic buttons.
At a push I would probably choose to stick with Elding & Hannah (least for now).

Whatever we choose let's hope we can go to Tamworth and get another  win because it would certainly be a really sweet one.  
And possibly in many different ways ! (like for a start we'll have finally beaten them  )

Good luck lads.
UP THE MARINERS !
80sglory
November 3, 2012, 1:24am
Guest User
Just spotted this

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,19175_8218897,00.html

"Greg Pearson, though, was on the score sheet in that game as he came through 90 minutes, with Hurst admitting he is considering handing the now-fit striker a start this weekend."

Gonna be interesting to see who starts...
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tamworth preview MP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.