4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
flash1
September 30, 2012, 9:41am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
something i,m been impressed with all season is that all the players at the end of every away game the players and managers all come over to the fans and show thier appreciation for the support given,Yesterday again they did exactly the same apart from anthony elding who went straight down the tunnel,if like scott said last week that elding could cancel his transfer request if he wanted i still think he should show the travelling fans  abit more respect as the fans have upto now showed him  by singing his name since he,s put his transfer request!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
September 30, 2012, 9:49am
Guest User
30 years old, 14 clubs. Says it all mate.
Reply: 1 - 30
chaos33
September 30, 2012, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Maybe sulking

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
sonik
September 30, 2012, 9:54am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
A shocking miss at the end too.  A free standing header he couldn't even get back across the goal or on target.  We've seen this from him far to many times in my opinion.  Kissing the badge my backside.  And he thnks he should be in the side!  Not for me I'm afraid.

Again great support from Town. Well done one and all.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
Stranger in the Park
September 30, 2012, 10:19am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -187
Gold Stars: 7
Get off his back! He's 30 years old and has seen other strikers brought in of very questionable quality-wouldn't you be a bit p*$$ed off. Some people on here seem to forget that football is how he makes his living and nobody likes the idea of redundancy. S&H have not handled this well ! As for missing sitters-how many none scoring positions did you count for the others? -to miss you do still have to be in a position which tells you others are not in that position! Eldings record so far for Town is far better than the guys he's supposed to be in competion with-says it all (quote)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
costa del cleethorpes
September 30, 2012, 11:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Get off his back! He's 30 years old and has seen other strikers brought in of very questionable quality-wouldn't you be a bit p*$$ed off. Some people on here seem to forget that football is how he makes his living and nobody likes the idea of redundancy. S&H have not handled this well ! As for missing sitters-how many none scoring positions did you count for the others? -to miss you do still have to be in a position which tells you others are not in that position! Eldings record so far for Town is far better than the guys he's supposed to be in competion with-says it all (quote)

Hes sulking i say let him go i only want players who play for the shirt fuk him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
Tinymariner
September 30, 2012, 11:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12

Spot on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
STB
September 30, 2012, 11:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22

At last a sensible post.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
Garth
September 30, 2012, 11:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
IMO Elding is far more use to Town than a lot of posters on here give him credit for his record at Town proves that, however should he leave I wish him all the luck but be careful what you wish for as there is more to his game than scoring goals.

I like Cookie but will be surprised if he scores ten goals this season, without Elding we may be a tad embarrassed for striking options in the new year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
LukeyJ
September 30, 2012, 12:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0

I'm all for Elding coming in and doing a job. If players are of "questionable quality" then the managers are hardly going to not change it. After all, they are responsible for the results. If they aren't seeing goals on the pitch, they'll change things. I hope when Elding comes on, he does the business and we have a selection dilemna.

The transfer request is irrelevent to town fans. If he performs and works hard, we won't care. The only people it will affect is the managers who may not want to invest in a player who doesn't want to be at a club. They'll be considering February and if Elding leaves in January, or earlier, they may want to develop Southwell and expose Cook to as much game time as he can get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.