Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First game this season.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 112 Guests

First game this season.

This thread currently has 1,429 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
August 26, 2012, 4:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
My first game this season will be the Forest Green Rovers game and I was really looking forward to it when pre season everyone was bigging up Cook, Pearson, Hatton, Colbeck and Soares(didn't believe this one) where fantastic players and are better than what we had,  now I'm dreading going because everyone's saying they are sh1t.
What's happened to them have we got guys in who now have a half decent contract and don't give a toss or are they just bad signings?  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
kevikov
August 26, 2012, 4:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Personally i don't think they're being managed very well. Tactics are clearly basic and un-inspiring for both the players and us fans. No excuse for anything less than 100% though.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
denni266
August 26, 2012, 4:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
The vast majority of fans thought they where good signings  and the managers must have thought so aswell. so what has changed them ?   fresh sea air.. long contracts .. management / tactics  or lack of them ??????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
lew1983
August 26, 2012, 9:31pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from kevikov
Personally i don't think they're being managed very well. Tactics are clearly basic and un-inspiring for both the players and us fans. No excuse for anything less than 100% though.

this!

too damn predictable , we should be a sodding force in this league!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
moosey_club
August 26, 2012, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from TAGG
My first game this season will be the Forest Green Rovers game and I was really looking forward to it when pre season everyone was bigging up Cook, Pearson, Hatton, Colbeck and Soares(didn't believe this one) where fantastic players and are better than what we had,  now I'm dreading going because everyone's saying they are sh1t.
What's happened to them have we got guys in who now have a half decent contract and don't give a toss or are they just bad signings?  

Cook on paper looks a good buy and he looked quite lively pre season and as such has probably been the biggest disappointment for me. Think he needs time to settle in and a bit of decent service would help his cause.
Soares i think is a conundrum, not a winger from what i have seen but doubt S&H will play him up top as they have 4 other strikers to play there.
Pearson did not have any preconceived ideas about him and early signs were not promising, has looked better but again will continue to look average at best without any service.
Colbeck i like his work rate and direct style, add a decent cross to his current game and will be ok.
Hatton..just did not like from day one, looks lethargic and out of position fairly often.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
cod.gtfc
August 26, 2012, 9:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from TAGG

As always pre-season means F all, except for fitness.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
grimsby pete
August 27, 2012, 5:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
You chose the right game Tagg,

Hope to  here some positive comments from you when you get back.

UTM.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
mariner91
August 27, 2012, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,785
Gold Stars: 262
TAGG is the lucky charm!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
ginnywings
August 27, 2012, 6:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
If you care to read it properly, his first game is against Forest Green in 2 weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
grimsby pete
August 27, 2012, 6:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
If you care to read it properly, his first game is against Forest Green in 2 weeks.

OOPS !!!!!!!

Senior moment,

Don'y know what 91 excuse is though.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First game this season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.