Peter Winn

This thread currently has 1,467 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Silencio
August 25, 2012, 9:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Looked like a good player when we had him. A shame we didn't sign him up cos he would of made us a decent attacking force, in comparison to this seasons showings

[URL=http://gifsoup.com/view/125110/hulk-hogan-real-american.html][IMG]http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=125110&t=o[/IMG][/URL]
Meat
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
August 25, 2012, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Silencio
Looked like a good player when we had him. A shame we didn't sign him up cos he would of made us a decent attacking force, in comparison to this seasons showings

I don't think he did..

My opinion of course.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Hagrid
August 25, 2012, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,527
Gold Stars: 544
Couldn't fault his effort but not for me, didn't beat his man and delivery wasn't great, no better than what we have signed
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Silencio
August 25, 2012, 9:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Looks like ronaldo in comparison to our only other winger in that headless chicken Colbeck

[URL=http://gifsoup.com/view/125110/hulk-hogan-real-american.html][IMG]http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=125110&t=o[/IMG][/URL]
Meat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
chaos33
August 25, 2012, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
Hmm. I'd say he's no better and no worse than the 'wide' players we do actually have this season - ie, not good enough.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
GYsaint
August 25, 2012, 10:13pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +1
Should have kept Coulson. But them morons couldnt see what a quality player they had
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
moosey_club
August 26, 2012, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Silencio
Looks like ronaldo in comparison to our only other winger in that headless chicken Colbeck

Colbeck attacks the full backs with pace, Coulson didnt.

There is of course the other element to a  wingers play, defenseive duties and i dont think Colbeck falls short in that area too as his pace is a great assett working backwards supporting his full back.

Finally with wingers there are two parts to a cross, the delivery and the action of the strikers.......while his crossing has been disappointing in the main the strikers have to anticipate and time their runs to give them the best chance of of a goal scoring opportunity. Our strikers seem to get ahead of the ball at the same time so one poor cross cuts them both out..a staggered approach from them may be required, as may near post runs but so far i have not seen much of either.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
aaron rattray
August 26, 2012, 11:07am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
And the issue of these dreadful dead balls not beating the first man, even if you need to hit the ball a bit harder or a bit higher just to beat him so be it

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
chaos33
August 26, 2012, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
First rule of crossing so I was coached - you must beat the first defender.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
Marinerz93
August 26, 2012, 11:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
First rule of crossing so I was coached - you must beat the first defender.

Not the case, it's the opening and angle that's crucial, sometimes a ball played in early with curve on it can do more damaged, players running towards goal are more likely to put it in the their own net. All depends on what type of striker you're putting the ball in the area for, someone like Cook then I would agree with you.  Also as you attack the corners some players will drop in behind the left/right back as cover.  Diddi Gilbert was an expert at this, varying what he was going to do to keep the defender on edge.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter Winn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.