This thread currently has 2,170 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Career Underdogs
August 25, 2012, 8:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Resigned to the fact that this team will not get promoted this season.

As much as I want us to improve and get up there amongst the play offs. After four games I have seen enough to be resigned to the fact there is insuficient quality in this squad.

It amazes me how the players in interview blow wind up each others backsides by lauding each other as quality players in a quality club with personnel that are capable of getting out of this league. Balderdash - that just big talk and nonesense. To me their judgement of each other as players is a about as urine poor as it is as poor of their football quality.

We are going nowhere.

Who the hell signed Greg Pearson. He is complete and utter pony.

A good point away from home? Rubbish. We were awful. The only reason we got a point is because of the defenders combined with Wrexham being equally as poor.

Terrrible terrible.

How long before we get a decent manager and decent players. This season is a right off for me even before it has hardly got started.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
August 25, 2012, 8:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
For one moment there I thought you had resigned from The Fishy,

Never mind.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
pontoonlew
August 25, 2012, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
I thought Pearson looked decent today, he got involved a fair bit and created a couple of decent bits of play.

That said, i'm not sure why i'm even rising to reply to this. You talk absolute toss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Sweden
August 25, 2012, 8:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
I thought it was a good match. Good defense. There are from what you may build. First match I see this season through the computer. I look forward to coming over to see Grimsby-Lincoln in december. Fun to see Grimsby although we did not win against Wrexham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
1mickylyons
August 26, 2012, 12:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
The players and managers deserve 10 games at least before they are judged,yes were entitled to be very under whelmed with what weve seen so far and with Hearn out injured i agree with CU looks like going nowhere fast again this Season.The key is wether or not the players can adapt to the new hoofball tactics were employing and wether the fans at BP will stand for it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
louth_in_the_south
August 26, 2012, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,716
Gold Stars: 96
After all the doom and gloom is read on here since the start of the season I was expecting to watch a bad game last night where we'd be lucky not to get hammered .
Although we weren't great I wasnt over concerned and thought if we'd won it we wouldn't have stolen 3 points . I didn't see much of the supposed hoof ball tactics , in fact I thought we played it around ok in difficult looking conditions . The only thing we lacked was a cutting edge up front to finish a couple of nice chances we created .

I thought it was a tale of 2 pearsons that summed the game up . Shaun was immense , kept us solid at the back , whilst Greg was w.ank and can't see why he was signed !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
1mickylyons
August 26, 2012, 1:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
After all the doom and gloom is read on here since the start of the season I was expecting to watch a bad game last night where we'd be lucky not to get hammered .
Although we weren't great I wasnt over concerned and thought if we'd won it we wouldn't have stolen 3 points . I didn't see much of the supposed hoof ball tactics , in fact I thought we played it around ok in difficult looking conditions . The only thing we lacked was a cutting edge up front to finish a couple of nice chances we created .

I thought it was a tale of 2 pearsons that summed the game up . Shaun was immense , kept us solid at the back , whilst Greg was w.ank and can't see why he was signed !

A lot of people think Wrexham was a good point gained do you think Wrexhame will go up based on what you saw yesterday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Career Underdogs
August 26, 2012, 1:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
A point gained. phwww.

We were rubbish and they weren't much better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
chaos33
August 26, 2012, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
Consensus of opinion seems to say that Wrexham were the marginally weaker-looking of two very average to poor sides. On that basis, at the moment, I shouldn't think they look any more or less likely to go up than we do, although they do have more points on the board, and therefore, fewer to catch up on the leaders who already have 9 more points than us.

I agree in part with the sentiment that we shouldn't judge the team and managers until 10 games have been played, except to say that they have had plenty of time with their squad and that a poor start could leave us badly lagging behind, regardless of whether our form/results improve to a degree. My thought is this - Scott and Hurst should expect to live by the same rule that I'm sure they are making clear to their players -  deliver, or you will be replaced.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
louth_in_the_south
August 26, 2012, 1:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,716
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A lot of people think Wrexham was a good point gained do you think Wrexhame will go up based on what you saw yesterday?

A point away from home is usually a decent point - as long as u win your home games !

And no I can't see that Wrexham team getting in the playoffs to be honest - well be lucky too ! Having said that Luton lose at home to Telford and didn't look all that on tv against Hyde so all in all there isn't any stand out teams this year so we've got a chance still !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › RESIGNED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.