4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Career Underdogs
August 25, 2012, 7:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Just back from Wrexham

So let me get this right. S&H wanted to build an all out attacking team this season, with goals from all over the pitch as they don't want to rely on Liam Hearn all season. Well frankly your team from the midfield going toward is absolutely rubbish. Clue less no quality, can't pass the ball and can't keep the ball.

Colebeck is rubbish. He can't beat a man and can't cross the ball.

No problems with the defenders or keeper.

S&H have to go. They just aren't good enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
August 25, 2012, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Just back after 5 minutes, what's your speedwagon powered with, bullshit.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
nelly_gtfc
August 25, 2012, 7:32pm
Guest User
Career Underdogs... another one for the block feature.
Reply: 2 - 36
jonnyboy82
August 25, 2012, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Career Underdogs
Just back from Wrexham

So let me get this right. S&H wanted to build an all out attacking team this season, with goals from all over the pitch as they don't want to rely on Liam Hearn all season. Well frankly your team from the midfield going toward is absolutely rubbish. Clue less no quality, can't pass the ball and can't keep the ball.

Quite agree but were do you live chester?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
Career Underdogs
August 25, 2012, 7:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Nah I got a new car recently - a Premier Sports
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
jonnyboy82
August 25, 2012, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Nah I got a new car recently - a Premier Sports

ah i see..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
grimsby pete
August 25, 2012, 7:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I thought the whole game was a stop start spluttering disappointment,

AND

That was only the poor stream I was watching,

The football was even worse,

Good save by macca though.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
gymadman
August 25, 2012, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Watched game at BP  (GREAT TURNOUT BY FANS) having been to 3 previous game's don't think anything has improved. I point out this is only my opinion, keeper great save..but come for the cross and you wouldn't have to, Hatton..very poor, Disley (who I RATED) invisible, Artus, Colebeck...waste of to shirts today and the forwards, well wish they had turned up , we look a average team at best, will be there Monday but more in hope than anticipation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
cleefish
August 25, 2012, 8:02pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
swap S&*H WITH THE YOUTH COACH AS HE WOULD DO A LOT BETTER AND TO  ME THATS JUST ABOUT THIER LEVEL i HATE TO SDAY IT BUT woods new ell and Slade WERE BETTER. Sorry about the caps got stuck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
mariner91
August 25, 2012, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,785
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from cleefish
swap S&*H WITH THE YOUTH COACH AS HE WOULD DO A LOT BETTER AND TO  ME THATS JUST ABOUT THIER LEVEL i HATE TO SDAY IT BUT woods new ell and Slade WERE BETTER. Sorry about the caps got stuck

Newell and Woods, the guys who took us down to this level, were better? That is some statement. I'm not for one second saying I think these two are any good but they'd have to be pretty terrible to be worse than both Newell and Woods.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
Abdul19
August 25, 2012, 8:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
How can you put Slade in the same list as Woods and Newell?!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
springstomind
August 25, 2012, 8:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Just back from Wrexham

instead of just saying were crap and providing an opinion on one player.. try offering some constructive notes from your observations, you bafoon. See below.

McKeown: 8 - Was commanding all the way through, coming to collect crosses and catching every time. He without a doubt earnt us a point today with a world class save. He was a little eager at times and threw the ball directly out of play whilst trying to release us on a counter attack, but a really good performance for him.

Hatton - 5 - He is very indecisive and does not seem a great player, his crosses were often not great and he often found himself out of position, leaving Pearson to cover of the right back position (resulting in Pearson being booked) trying to pull back their left winger). He has no composure on the ball and give the ball away extremely cheaply at times.

Pearson 7  - As always a completely solid display and showed good attacking abaility and enthusiasm busting into their box to supply a cross. He won every header all game and brought the man down when it was sensible to do so. An all round commanding performance as always.

Pond - 8 a shaky start and looked unconfident in the first minute or so and cought himself in two minds almost leaving Wrexham through on goal (like he did at Southport) after the 10 minute mark he was a different player and absolutely solid. he won all his headers and was a great presence in defence. He was given MOM by Premier Sports.

Thomas 7 - Again looked very good going forward and defended well enough at the back, some of his overlapping was exiting and he seems a very clever footballer with his runs and crosses. He put a few bals into the box but often these lacked pace and were eaten up by Wrexham defenders. A pretty decent performance, however.. as at Southport, he needs to learn how to take a throw in.

Colbeck - 6.5 - He has lots of pace, however appears to run with his head down and all of his crosses are that of a school boy (just belts it into the box as apposed to seeking players) In the second half he appeared to do alot more with the ball, putting better crosses in and creating a few decent chances for elding and cook. pretty average performance all round.

Disley - 5 - Was he even playing? This may seem harsh but as the club captain and central midfiedler, the composed, passing footballer of early last season has gone. He never appears to want the ball and wants to get rid of it as soon as he gets it. He often found himself in lots of space and running forward but completely looked as if he didnt have a clue what to di with the ball. I imagine the strikers were very frustrated with his performance as they had no supply when he was often in positions to provide it.

Niven - 8.5 and my MOM. A player who looked dog toffee in the first few games was an absolute rock in midfield today and his previously criticised passing was very good today. The most composed footballer on the pitch today and always played the right pass. He defended brilliantly and never wasted possession. A very experienced and hungry performance today.

Artus - 4 - This is a very low rating but Artus had a shocker. He does not look comfertable on the wing. He only say the ball 4 or 5 times throughout the game. He constantly had Thomas overlapping and every time failed to find him. His set piece delivery is inexcusable and worse than that frustrating predictable corner delivery Eagle used to provide. Numerous times our centre halfs had run the length of the pitch for him to blast it into orbit. Shocking performance today. Offered nothing.

Elding - 6 Elding won a lot of his headers and his hold up play was alright. Its hard to be too harsh as he was not provided well by our midfield. But he did miss another trademark sitter.

Pearson - Same as elding. Offered nothing however wasnt provided with a lot either.

Subs: As soon as he came on Grimsby appeared to play passing football and there was 1 spell late second half were we looked a very good footballing team. He always offers compsure on the ball and good passing. not a bad performance but not long enouhg on the pitch for me to rate him.

Cook - Christ if he played like that for 90 minutes id give him a 1. He looked reluctant to pull the trigger numerous times... as he has all season. He failed to leave the ground for a header 5 yards out after a fantastic cross from Colbeck. Poor performance from him

All in all i though we were better than ive seen us play this season bar a 10 minute spell against Southport. A good result for town today and im MORe enthusiastic than i was for Mansfield.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
Gary Haddock
August 25, 2012, 8:28pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from springstomind

instead of just saying were crap and providing an opinion on one player.. try offering some constructive notes from your observations, you bafoon. See below.

McKeown: 8 - Was commanding all the way through, coming to collect crosses and catching every time. He without a doubt earnt us a point today with a world class save. He was a little eager at times and threw the ball directly out of play whilst trying to release us on a counter attack, but a really good performance for him.

Hatton - 5 - He is very indecisive and does not seem a great player, his crosses were often not great and he often found himself out of position, leaving Pearson to cover of the right back position (resulting in Pearson being booked) trying to pull back their left winger). He has no composure on the ball and give the ball away extremely cheaply at times.

Pearson 7  - As always a completely solid display and showed good attacking abaility and enthusiasm busting into their box to supply a cross. He won every header all game and brought the man down when it was sensible to do so. An all round commanding performance as always.

Pond - 8 a shaky start and looked unconfident in the first minute or so and cought himself in two minds almost leaving Wrexham through on goal (like he did at Southport) after the 10 minute mark he was a different player and absolutely solid. he won all his headers and was a great presence in defence. He was given MOM by Premier Sports.

Thomas 7 - Again looked very good going forward and defended well enough at the back, some of his overlapping was exiting and he seems a very clever footballer with his runs and crosses. He put a few bals into the box but often these lacked pace and were eaten up by Wrexham defenders. A pretty decent performance, however.. as at Southport, he needs to learn how to take a throw in.

Colbeck - 6.5 - He has lots of pace, however appears to run with his head down and all of his crosses are that of a school boy (just belts it into the box as apposed to seeking players) In the second half he appeared to do alot more with the ball, putting better crosses in and creating a few decent chances for elding and cook. pretty average performance all round.

Disley - 5 - Was he even playing? This may seem harsh but as the club captain and central midfiedler, the composed, passing footballer of early last season has gone. He never appears to want the ball and wants to get rid of it as soon as he gets it. He often found himself in lots of space and running forward but completely looked as if he didnt have a clue what to di with the ball. I imagine the strikers were very frustrated with his performance as they had no supply when he was often in positions to provide it.

Niven - 8.5 and my MOM. A player who looked dog toffee in the first few games was an absolute rock in midfield today and his previously criticised passing was very good today. The most composed footballer on the pitch today and always played the right pass. He defended brilliantly and never wasted possession. A very experienced and hungry performance today.

Artus - 4 - This is a very low rating but Artus had a shocker. He does not look comfertable on the wing. He only say the ball 4 or 5 times throughout the game. He constantly had Thomas overlapping and every time failed to find him. His set piece delivery is inexcusable and worse than that frustrating predictable corner delivery Eagle used to provide. Numerous times our centre halfs had run the length of the pitch for him to blast it into orbit. Shocking performance today. Offered nothing.

Elding - 6 Elding won a lot of his headers and his hold up play was alright. Its hard to be too harsh as he was not provided well by our midfield. But he did miss another trademark sitter.

Pearson - Same as elding. Offered nothing however wasnt provided with a lot either.

Subs: As soon as he came on Grimsby appeared to play passing football and there was 1 spell late second half were we looked a very good footballing team. He always offers compsure on the ball and good passing. not a bad performance but not long enouhg on the pitch for me to rate him.

Cook - Christ if he played like that for 90 minutes id give him a 1. He looked reluctant to pull the trigger numerous times... as he has all season. He failed to leave the ground for a header 5 yards out after a fantastic cross from Colbeck. Poor performance from him

All in all i though we were better than ive seen us play this season bar a 10 minute spell against Southport. A good result for town today and im MORe enthusiastic than i was for Mansfield.

UTM

this.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
moosey_club
August 25, 2012, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 229
Tight game all round. Thought they cocked up starting with what must be the oldest frontline in football, Morell and Ormorod, no pace and easy pickings for Pond and Pearson.
We have very little going forward as did they in reality which is reflected in what i think was 4 attempts on target in the whole game?
Elding had our two best chances and failed with both.
Four strikers tried today and i am not sure Southwell even touched it but not at any time did any of them look convincing.
For me a tinkering on Monday would be in order as we have to spice up the attck somehow.

Mc
Thomas Pearson Pond Wood
Niven Thanoj Artus
Soares
Southwell Elding

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
we will return
August 25, 2012, 8:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from moosey_club
Tight game all round. Thought they cocked up starting with what must be the oldest frontline in football, Morell and Ormorod, no pace and easy pickings for Pond and Pearson.
We have very little going forward as did they in reality which is reflected in what i think was 4 attempts on target in the whole game?
Elding had our two best chances and failed with both.
Four strikers tried today and i am not sure Southwell even touched it but not at any time did any of them look convincing.
For me a tinkering on Monday would be in order as we have to spice up the attck somehow.

Mc
Thomas Pearson Pond Wood
Niven Thanoj Artus
Soares
Southwell Elding

Like the look of that team, I think Southwell deserves a chance, the other strikers have yet to perform and Southwell was in good form in preseason.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
jamesgtfc
August 25, 2012, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,063
Gold Stars: 190
The defence was rock solid. Pearson is developing into one hell of an asset. Thomas looks impressive but I would play Wood on Monday instead of Hatton.

Artus is not a left winger but he's too lightweight for a central role. That free kick was inexcusable.

Niven played well; but he was very lucky to stay on the pitch.

The supply into the box is lacking and Colbeck; who seemed to deliver them superbly in pre-season took until 70 minutes to deliver a cross.

I genuinely don't know what the gameplan is. We competed excellently against good teams in pre-season which doesn't mean much but my thoughts are that the players were told to enjoy themselves and did just that whereas now they are being told to hit and hope.

A draw against Wrexham is a good result though but we really need to start picking up points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
Tommy
August 25, 2012, 9:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Only saw the second half today. But from what I saw we were quite comfortable defending but clueless in the final third. There were quite a few times were we worked it well and broke forward quickly only to have no movement from the front 2 at the vital moment or a shocking pass (or choice of pass) for a final ball to give it away or lose the chance.

Niven looked like he had a really good game.
Shaun Pearson was rock solid and was better than Pond in my opinion.
Thomas hoofed the ball too much.
Artus has been poor so far this season.
Disley worked hard and closed down well at times but I don't think he is stamping much authority on games at all at the moment.
Colbeck looked a good outlet but final ball should be better.
Elding missed what for me was a sitter when he tried to get his foot up and volley it in from the free kick in the 2nd half. All he had to do was head it in.

For Monday I would go 4-2-3-1:

McKeown
Hatton Pearson Miller Thomas
---------Pond Niven
Soares----Thanoj-----Colbeck
--------Pearson/Cook

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
cod.gtfc
August 25, 2012, 9:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
yeah because a solution to our poor attacking is to play one striker at home!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Career Underdogs
August 25, 2012, 9:24pm
Table Wine Drinker

UTM

Waste of words mate. All pants apart from keeper and centre halves. Doesn't take your long and drawn our player rating to summarise this garbage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
voice of reason
August 25, 2012, 9:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from cleefish

You are great value... You was telling all and sundry how good these two were four games ago and how we was going to urine this league...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
arryarryarry
August 25, 2012, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117

UTM

My constructive notes :-

McKewan - Very good
Thomas - OK
Hatton - sh!t
Pearson - Very Good
Pond - Very Good
Disley - OK
Niven - OK
The rest - Very sh!t

There you go non of that waffle.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
gary_elton
August 25, 2012, 10:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6

Waste of words mate. All pants apart from keeper and centre halves. Doesn't take your long and drawn our player rating to summarise this garbage

made me chuckle....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
bradzmilne
August 25, 2012, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Just back.
Hurst and Scott in my mind have built the strongest defence in the league, any other team would of crumbled at the back under all of the preasure wrexham put us under, remarkably with all that preasure wrexham had minimun big chances due to some quality defending/goalkeeping. What worries me is higher up the pitch than the defence, the centre midfield i actually think is fixable depending on who you play there. Play Nivern and Dizza there defensivly were as solid as a rock, but their not the sort of players that are going to create chances or even link with strikers to any real effect. Play thanoj there instead of ethier nivern or dizza weree not as strong at the back, but it allows the strikers to link up to the centre of the park creating more chances. I actually thought colbeck did well with the service he got, artus didnt have the greatest game the other side but were not going to get a fully consistant winger at this level. The strike force let us down today, am sorry but elding and pearson cannot play together. In my eyes you have to play ethier Elding/Cook/Pearson along side Southwell or some pacey striker we bring in.
Overall when you look at wrexham away at the start of a season, youd be silly not to take a draw. Roll on Monday. UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
GYinScuntland
August 25, 2012, 11:54pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Thought we could have won by three but at the same time could have lost by three. The team look better than they have for ages in my opinion but saying that they are still a struggling non league team who have one hell of a lot to still prove. Hopefully onwards and upwards but until they prove themselves in droves, for me the most important part is the social aspect of the day out. Sorry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Green27
August 26, 2012, 12:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ]

[b

[/b]

UTM

Oh god we're copulated

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
barralad
August 26, 2012, 8:58am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Broadly agree with the comments already made. I may have said earlier that Hatton should/would be our first choice right back. Based on nothing more than last night's performance Bradley Wood can surely expect the call for Monday. Rarely have I seen a Town defender less interested in what is going on around him. To be fair he sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise very competent back line led admirably by the ever improving Shaun Pearson.
One of the most worrying aspects for me of our attacking play is our complete lack of ability at set pieces despite Shaun Pearson's obvious abilities in that area. Several times we got free kicks in very dangerous positions only to waste them by over hitting or failing to beat the first man.
I did think we got a little better for the last 20 minutes with more passes played into the channels-particularly down the right but we are so woefully short of attacking ability that even this came to nowt.
Niven was excellent despite perhaps being lucky to stay on the pitch after his booking incident...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
flash1
August 26, 2012, 8:58am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Quoted from gymadman
Watched game at BP (GREAT TURNOUT BY FANS) having been to 3 previous game's don't think anything has improved. I point out this is only my opinion, keeper great save..but come for the cross and you wouldn't have to, Hatton..very poor, Disley (who I RATED) invisible, Artus, Colebeck...waste of to shirts today and the forwards, well wish they had turned up , we look a average team at best, will be there Monday but more in hope than anticipation

at wrexham or mcmenemys

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
Mariner Ronnie
August 26, 2012, 10:10am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Does anyone know how many town fans were at Wrexham?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
flash1
August 26, 2012, 10:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

looked to be about 150

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
oldun
August 26, 2012, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I watched the game on TV. What a poor scrappy affair, not great to watch for anyone. 0-0 was about right.
Positive: Our defensive display. Pearson has developed really well. Needs to watch it with referees though. Can see him getting sent off if he is not careful.
Problems: there are many but my top three are
1. Left side midfield, nothing coming from there unless Aswad gets forward. consequently what little threat we had came from right side and that was not great. At home maybe let Aswad play left mid with Bradley Wood in his place until we can recruit a genuine left winger.
2. front 2 mostly isolated without support, midfield players too deep or not getting up to help the strikers. Decent ball into strikers non existent. Need Soares in an advanced central role behind the front two
3. Set plays, still no quality in delivery from corners or free-k especially at home.icks. Surely we can sort this out on the training pitch. Basic eh!

Just my thoughts after the game, but what do I know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
Meza
August 26, 2012, 10:30am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,653
Gold Stars: 50
Didnt coulson take our corners hence shy he had so many assists.  So far there is no one who can but a good dead ball

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
oldun
August 26, 2012, 4:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from oldun
I watched the game on TV. What a poor scrappy affair, not great to watch for anyone. 0-0 was about right.
Positive: Our defensive display. Pearson has developed really well. Needs to watch it with referees though. Can see him getting sent off if he is not careful.
Problems: there are many but my top three are
1. Left side midfield, nothing coming from there unless Aswad gets forward. consequently what little threat we had came from right side and that was not great. At home maybe let Aswad play left mid with Bradley Wood in his place until we can recruit a genuine left winger.
2. front 2 mostly isolated without support, midfield players too deep or not getting up to help the strikers. Decent ball into strikers non existent. Need Soares in an advanced central role behind the front two especially at home.
3. Set plays, still no quality in delivery from corners or free-kicks. Surely we can sort this out on the training pitch. Basic eh!

Just my thoughts after the game, but what do I know.

Just thought of something else: Passing. It takes two players to complete a pass and at present in our team the player with the ball often has few options so resorts to hoofing it, or gets caught in possession or misplaces the pass. Other players must move and show for the ball to make the pass easier. Our movement is poor. Again not rocket science and can and should be drilled hard on the training pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
80sglory
August 26, 2012, 7:22pm
Guest User
Or by the captain out there ?
I just wonder if the future is Niven and Thanoj and Disley has a a place but it's hard to dislodge him.

Thanks for the excellent reports very accurate, saw the game too thought Hatton was awful needs to take responsibility like Pearson did for his brilliant 50 yard run.
Not sure Elding keeps his place either tbh ? Time to think forward and trust youth ?
Reply: 32 - 36
pseudonym
August 26, 2012, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
193 apparently

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
Garth
August 26, 2012, 7:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1600
Or by the captain out there ?
I just wonder if the future is Niven and Thanoj and Disley has a a place but it's hard to dislodge him.

Thanks for the excellent reports very accurate, saw the game too thought Hatton was awful needs to take responsibility like Pearson did for his brilliant 50 yard run.
Not sure Elding keeps his place either tbh ? Time to think forward and trust youth ?

Will no doupt get slaughterd for this but why not try Woody out on the left as a Bobby C type of player, feel sure we would get some decent runs and crosses in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
Super Clive
August 26, 2012, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from Garth

Will no doupt get slaughterd for this but why not try Woody out on the left as a Bobby C type of player, feel sure we would get some decent runs and crosses in.

He played that role against Luton when woods was in charge when we won and micky cummins scored(   ) I thought he did very well but we deffo need to sign a left winger asap though!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
Abdul19
August 26, 2012, 8:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
He can't cross!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.