Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can fans have an impact on a player's performance?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 107 Guests

Can fans have an impact on a player's performance?

This thread currently has 1,728 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
August 19, 2012, 10:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,848
Gold Stars: 854
This really needs to be looked at. Are the club properly assessing the impact that fans could have? I really think that the potential benefits of fans is being overlooked by those in power at BP. If utilised effectively, fans really could blow the ball into the net. Could the positioning of fans be looked at in order to help improve the atmosphere? Should fans be on hand in the changing room to cool players down? Hand-held or desk-top? 1,2 or 3? Oscilating or fixed?
Private Message
Abdul19
August 19, 2012, 10:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
I was just thinking about this as I was surprised that the subject hadn't been raised. They used to say that about the Kop, how its fans helped Liverpool win games and maybe the Pontoon could recreate its glory days and do the same.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
headingly_mariner
August 19, 2012, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Something does need to be done to stop us fans making the team lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
80sglory
August 19, 2012, 11:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Something does need to be done to stop us fans making the team lose.

Probably my fault.
I tried to make a fair and sensible point and it gets turned on it's head by those not willing to pick their words carefully or think of the consequences.
If I thought all this balderdash would come out the woodwork I wouldn't have bothered.  
Reply: 3 - 29
barralad
August 19, 2012, 11:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

Probably my fault.
I tried to make a fair and sensible point and it gets turned on it's head by those not willing to pick their words carefully or think of the consequences.
If I thought all this balderdash would come out the woodwork I wouldn't have bothered.  

Well it's hardly your fault-even though I seem to recall you were very much in the camp of "Don't blame the fans" last season and certainly during Wood's reign.

Seriously I think it's a bit of gentle banter being aimed at Gary Haddock. You need to watch him matey. He's after your "Most number of words on the Fishy"crown.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Chrisblor
August 19, 2012, 11:20pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
THERE CERTAINLY ARE A LOT OF FANS BLOWING "HOT AIR" ON THE FISHY LATELY

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
headingly_mariner
August 19, 2012, 11:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Chrisblor
THERE CERTAINLY ARE A LOT OF FANS BLOWING "HOT AIR" ON THE FISHY LATELY

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Did you buy a keyboard off Dave Boylen?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
80sglory
August 19, 2012, 11:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Well it's hardly your fault-even though I seem to recall you were very much in the camp of "Don't blame the fans" last season and certainly during Wood's reign.

Well I can't remember the details but think it might have been related to when JF wrote his GET article about negative influences at BP.
My point is it's very easy for fans to take it the wrong way(as proved on here) so it's probably safer to say nothing at all (IMO).
Quoted from barralad
You need to watch him matey. He's after your "Most number of words on the Fishy"crown.

Funny you mention this.
Was thinking only today there's at least one person who over-analyzes things more than I do.  
Reply: 7 - 29
barralad
August 19, 2012, 11:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

Well I can't remember the details but think it might have been related to when JF wrote his GET article about negative influences at BP.
My point is it's very easy for fans to take it the wrong way(as proved on here) so it's probably safer to say nothing at all (IMO).

Funny you mention this.
Was thinking only today there's at least one person who over-analyzes things more than I do.  

Good memory. It was!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:04am

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from barralad

Seriously I think it's a bit of gentle banter being aimed at Gary Haddock. You need to watch him matey. He's after your "Most number of words on the Fishy"crown.

now looking back at some comments I've feel like a twit lol. gentle banter I took the wrong way sorry, hard to interprate when reading as you don't have facial expressions ect lol.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can fans have an impact on a player's performance?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.