Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When fit - who should partner Hearn?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

When fit - who should partner Hearn?

This thread currently has 1,703 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HungryHaddock
August 19, 2012, 9:42pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Pearson

Not overly impressed so far by what i have seen from him, doesnt have the enegry elding has for running around and pressuring opposition. Also missed the golden chance against Stockport when he fooled the goalkeeper.

Elding

Fans favourite, the grimsby faithful love this guy. He isnt the quickest or best with his feet, but i believe him to possess the strikers instinct, and dodgy pre season aside is he the man?

Cook

Shows glimpses of talent, so far hasnt brought alot to the team (season games not preseason) seems to avoid really getting involved but shown glimpses of aerial ability but occasionally looked weak in the air.

Young Dayle Southwell

Young and reasonably in-experienced compared to the other strikers. I believe him to be a different sort of striker than Cook, Elding and Pearson. I believe him to be a more skillful type of striker compared to others, seems weak and easy to shrug of the ball. But i can see some class in him

Pride of Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
August 19, 2012, 9:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I can't pick one. I think Cook (as long as he wants to be here - if not, he's worthless, but threads talking about that might be talking cobblers).
I really like Elding, but I think he's way past his best. I find him frustrating to watch.
That leaves Southwell - scored two past Doncaster Rovers, so obviously has goals in him, but not sure how he would work in a partnership with Hearn, unless it's part of a 4-3-3 with Cook.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 17
HungryHaddock
August 19, 2012, 9:57pm

Beer Drinker
Quoted from wigworld
I can't pick one. I think Cook (as long as he wants to be here - if not, he's worthless, but threads talking about that might be talking cobblers).
I really like Elding, but I think he's way past his best. I find him frustrating to watch.
That leaves Southwell - scored two past Doncaster Rovers, so obviously has goals in him, but not sure how he would work in a partnership with Hearn, unless it's part of a 4-3-3 with Cook.

no mention of Pearson - is he completely out of the equation in your mind? I also find Elding very frustrating to watch but at Southport i thought when he came on he changed the game in a positive way! I think Cook has something in his locker for a moment of brilliance like at Scunny and i can see that coming out on rare occassions, and dont you think Southwell needs some more experience rather than being thrown on in games such as Nuneaton and expected to salvage something from the game

Pride of Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Neilo83
August 19, 2012, 10:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
We need a fit Hearn first!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
HungryHaddock
August 19, 2012, 10:48pm

Beer Drinker
we sure do!

Pride of Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
80sglory
August 20, 2012, 1:00am
Guest User
We'll see when Hearn comes back.
But think Southwell deserves an opportunity right now.
Not the finished artcile but has impressed me whenever I've seen him. Will improve with experience too.
Reply: 5 - 17
davmariner
August 20, 2012, 1:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,971
Gold Stars: 79
I suspect that Cook is supposed to play the role of a target man (when he isn't playing the role of the invisible man). I don't want us to be playing hoofball, therefore I'd prefer Elding to play alongside Hearn.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
80sglory
August 20, 2012, 1:22am
Guest User
Yeah can see your point.
But tbh I'm not convinced S&H can find a successful passing game ? Or can they ?
Fact we still really don't know what style we're playing sums it all up for me.

Or perhaps we'll see a more direct approach not looking for the target man but trying to get in behind defences with pace ?
Who knows !
Reply: 7 - 17
barralad
August 20, 2012, 8:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600
Yeah can see your point.
But tbh I'm not convinced S&H can find a successful passing game ? Or can they ?
Fact we still really don't know what style we're playing sums it all up for me.

Or perhaps we'll see a more direct approach not looking for the target man but trying to get in behind defences with pace ?
Who knows
!

Where is the pace? Where, if we are lucky enough to get behind the defender, is the player who can cross the ball into dangerous areas with any consistency?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
HungryHaddock
August 20, 2012, 10:44am

Beer Drinker
i think we need another pacey striker rather than hearn then 3 similar strikers in the form of elding cook pearson

Pride of Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When fit - who should partner Hearn?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.