3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
August 15, 2012, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Surely this circus is finally going to come to an end now.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sp.....buy-pompey-1-4162603

Wonder how it will affect promotion and relegation if they do liquidate?

Private Message
FishOutOfWater
August 15, 2012, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
It's hard to believe the FL have been so lenient with them, bearing in mind their season is only a few days off starting and they surely can't guarantee being able to fulfil all their fixtures for the next nine months

Mind you the authorities have bent over backwards over the past few years to help them out, starting with the Prem who wouldn't allow them to go bust when they were in the top flight

I've got no sympathy with Leeds or Luton for example with them having been docked points but their cases were surely no worse than Portsmouths and yet they got hit with much worse sanctions (as did Bournemouth, Rotherham too if I recall correctly)

If Pompey go pop, I won't be shedding any tears for them
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 28
Marinerz93
August 15, 2012, 11:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
At this moment in time, we feel that:

- the negative criticism and lack of support for our takeover by the fans of this club.

- the fact that the administrators do not want to compromise on their unrealistic fees.

- the fact that suddenly the club has received additional huge football creditors’ claims from former players and management such as Hughes, Brown, Kanu, and Lampitt and more.

- the fact that all the money from the parachute payment which were supposed to carry the club for the next two seasons was spent and committed by the administrator on players’ compromises and fees : total £12million.

This is my favourite, parachute payment, shove that up your harris  

- the fact that the Football League has decided to deduct 10 points for no reasonable reason and by its decisions didn’t show any willingness to help in saving this troubled club.

no reasonable reason, fcuk me you're ignorant to how lucky you are it should be 20 or 30 points, you have got very fcuking lightly.

- the fact that the supporters’ trust which we met and we voiced our support for their takeover bid could not raise the funds to satisfy the administrator or the Football League and the loan that was promised them by the council had unrealistic terms.

- the fact that the club did not get any real support from any official they were all very good at creating headlines.

- and finally the last straw yesterday afternoon the manager told the press before the season starts that he is sure of another relegation.

‘All of these facts have left us in a position that we no longer want to fight this battle, we have zero support to save the club therefore we formally withdraw our bid and our honest attempt at saving the club. We will sleep well knowing we did our utmost to save the club.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2vufrew.jpg[/IMG]

PAY UP POMPEY
POMPEY PAY UP

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Les Brechin
August 15, 2012, 11:52am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from psgmariner
Surely this circus is finally going to come to an end now.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sp.....buy-pompey-1-4162603

Wonder how it will affect promotion and relegation if they do liquidate?

I would have thought that League One would just operate with 23 teams this season and then any amendments could be made for next season. If so, it may mean 3 teams coming up from the BSP at the end of this season or maybe only 1 team being relegated. The latter rather than the former most probably.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
psgmariner
August 15, 2012, 11:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Les Brechin

I would have thought that League One would just operate with 23 teams this season and then any amendments could be made for next season. If so, it may mean 3 teams coming up from the BSP at the end of this season or maybe only 1 team being relegated. The latter rather than the former most probably.

Here's hoping it's 3 teams going up!

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
RoboCod
August 15, 2012, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
the fact that all the money from the parachute payment which were supposed to carry the club for the next two seasons was spent and committed by the administrator on players’ compromises and fees : total £12million.
Pompey and parachute payments. In the same sentence. Why does that evoke a small memory in my head?

Anyway, the absolute final, FINAL straw for me in amongst so many crimes against decency was to hear the manager Appleton moaning he only had 1.5 million to spend.
1.5 MILLION in League One ? Is that not enough to build a decent stable side and start on the long road to recovery? Should they not be forever grateful that they have anything at all to spend ? Or is everyone at this ridiculous club so detached from the damage they've done that they demand an instant promotion and put this club 'back where they belong blah de blah..'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
FishOutOfWater
August 15, 2012, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

If the FL authorities and the SFA have anything in common then it could just as easily be the former

When Rangers got dumped down the leagues, I know Dunfermline thought they had a good case for staying in the SPL but their governing body chose to promote Dundee additionally (probably because they are a "bigger" team and would have the Tayside derbies to bring in cash)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 28
BiloLCFC
August 15, 2012, 11:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Surely going to be liquidated now, these look like being the last days for PFC.

There are already plans to start again with an AFC Portsmouth apparently, but FA rules are a bit stricter than the SFA.

I think the highest any reborn Pompey could start again is Step 5 of the NLS, most likely the Combined Counties Premier alongside sides such as Dorking and Epsom & Ewell.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
nelly_gtfc
August 16, 2012, 12:22am
Guest User
Quoted Text
Compromise deals struck with the club’s big earners, such as Tal Ben Haim, Liam Lawrence, Kanu and Dave Kitson amount to £8 million over the next four years, far more than the trust can currently afford.
Quite amusing...no parachute payment's, so now they will get sweet FA! These players have more or less become the executioners of Portsmouth.

I feel sorry for Portsmouth, laws need to be changed so that the actual owners are responsible for huge debts, send those accountable for idiotic spending to prison and make them bankrupt as well.

Clubs would soon be run under their own means then across the board and players woudn't be on daft contracts and silly wages like these overpaid prima donna's.
Reply: 8 - 28
Mariner Ronnie
August 16, 2012, 6:53pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
how come they start with -10 when the other season bournemouth and rotherham started with -17?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
BiloLCFC
August 17, 2012, 9:17am

Lager Top Drinker
Now starting on zero points apparently.

They will be deducted 10 points as and when they come out of administration, weird chain of events.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
Marinerz93
August 17, 2012, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BiloLCFC
Now starting on zero points apparently.

They will be deducted 10 points as and when they come out of administration, weird chain of events.

All those clubs who got more than 10 points for the 2nd time they went into admin should stick the boot in, this stinks of favoritism just because they won the FA cup and played in the Prem with players they couldn't afford.

The FA are two faced.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
siy2k5
August 17, 2012, 12:08pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
They've just signed 10 (TEN) players so they can start the season. What a flipping joke.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
FishOutOfWater
August 17, 2012, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
You couldn't make it up....unless you're football's governing bodies of course  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 28
Claudius Tiberius Smith
August 17, 2012, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
They had to play the youth team away at Plymouth Argyle in the cup on tuesday. One of the players aged 35 went off after a short time injured, this reduced the average age down to 18. Argyle won 3 nil, & they are crap anyway,( their best signing of the summer was a fireman from Wales who has never played pro ball before.)
My point is that Portsmouth will be so poor that it will make L1 a joke with scores against them around double figures being quite possible. Teams playing them in early season should be able to ensure a good goal difference before someone puts money for players in to improve the team. This would make promotion/religation on goal difference most unfair.
Best to be rid of them before the season starts. I hope that players like Kanu get all of the money they are owed, they could have signed for other clubs & got paid, but were conned by Portsmouth.

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
Claudius Tiberius Smith
August 17, 2012, 3:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from siy2k5
They've just signed 10 (TEN) players so they can start the season. What a flipping joke.

Izale McLeod who they have just signed from Barnet is a quality striker. Most L1, L2 clubs would love to be able to afford his wages! W T F are they getting the money from?

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
forza ivano
August 17, 2012, 3:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,266
Gold Stars: 266
do you think that if we were in a similar situation we'd get treated equally as leniently?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
August 17, 2012, 4:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
do you think that if we were in a similar situation we'd get treated equally as leniently?

Certainly not by the conference (as it should be). It's time the plug was pulled on these clowns.
Reply: 17 - 28
FishOutOfWater
August 17, 2012, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

In a word......NO

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 28
BiloLCFC
August 17, 2012, 6:09pm

Lager Top Drinker
Monthly contracts to all ten, or so I've been led to believe.

What they do after September is anybody's guess, I presume they're hoping for a buyer by then to make it permanent.

If not, they're down to the youth team again after September and the likes of Brian Howard and Izale McLeod become too expensive.

It's a joke though, especially their whinging about getting a ten point deduction in the first place. When we went into administration in 2002, some of their fans wanted us thrown out of the league altogether!

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
aldi_01
August 17, 2012, 6:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They should have just folded the club. They've been taking the urine for years now and when they end up back down to youth players it'll make a mockery of the league. And the cheek to moan about a punishment they knew about is crazy...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
tashee69
August 17, 2012, 6:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +959
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BiloLCFC
Monthly contracts to all ten, or so I've been led to believe.

What they do after September is anybody's guess, I presume they're hoping for a buyer by then to make it permanent.

If not, they're down to the youth team again after September and the likes of Brian Howard and Izale McLeod become too expensive.

It's a joke though, especially their whinging about getting a ten point deduction in the first place. When we went into administration in 2002, some of their fans wanted us thrown out of the league altogether!

If they're on monthly contracts they won't be able to sign for another league club when their contracts up, so the players must be desperate.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
BiloLCFC
August 17, 2012, 8:18pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

If they're on monthly contracts they won't be able to sign for another league club when their contracts up, so the players must be desperate.

You can be registered to a maximum of two clubs in a season, hence the transfer windows.

I expect most will be thinking Portsmouth are perhaps a neat way of putting themselves in the shop window and getting some game time rather than sitting at home playing PS3, out of contract and out of sight.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
biggles9999
August 17, 2012, 9:44pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from BiloLCFC

You can be registered to a maximum of two clubs in a season, hence the transfer windows.

I expect most will be thinking Portsmouth are perhaps a neat way of putting themselves in the shop window and getting some game time rather than sitting at home playing PS3, out of contract and out of sight.

But you cant sign for another club outside of the contract window, so that would mean if their contracts run out in September and Pompey dont take them back on then they will end up sitting around for best part of 3 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
tashee69
August 17, 2012, 11:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from BiloLCFC

I always thought that if you was registered to a club when the window closed then you were unable to move to another club until the window opened again. If they left in August then there would be no problem signing for someone in (eg) October.

GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Claudius Tiberius Smith
August 18, 2012, 8:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from biggles9999

But you cant sign for another club outside of the contract window, so that would mean if their contracts run out in September and Pompey dont take them back on then they will end up sitting around for best part of 3 months.

As I see it they would become unattached (free agents) & therefore able to sign for any club at any time.

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
scrumble
August 18, 2012, 8:27am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
A club can't sell or transfer your player registration outside of the transfer window, however I can't see how they can possibly stop someone who is unemployed seeking another job, it would be against EU law. Everybody has the right to work, and its illegal to restrict that right, and is the same piece of law that had the FA rule about the number of foreign players a team could have overturned.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
Marinerz93
August 18, 2012, 10:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
What if Pay Up Pompey didn't pay their wages, are they free to sign for anyone then?

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
tashee69
August 18, 2012, 10:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from scrumble
A club can't sell or transfer your player registration outside of the transfer window, however I can't see how they can possibly stop someone who is unemployed seeking another job, it would be against EU law. Everybody has the right to work, and its illegal to restrict that right, and is the same piece of law that had the FA rule about the number of foreign players a team could have overturned.

If you can remember a couple of seasons ago, I think it was Boulding who was released after the transfer window closed and some Town fans wanted to sign him, but because his contract was held by a club when the transfer deadline closed he was classed as being one of their players.
Like I said, I think  if the player is a free agent when the window shuts then he can sign for anyone, if he's under contract when it closes he cannot sign until the window reopens. Tyrone Thompson last season left Town because he either wanted a longer contract or to be released so he could find another club or he'd be unable to get a club until January.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pay up Pompey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.