This thread currently has 560 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
August 13, 2012, 9:19am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Absolutely nothing to do with Town but I couldn't help noticing in the NLP yesterday that Wembley FC began their Wembley to Wembley journey last Saturday and the one of their scorers was Claudio Canniga, the former Argentina striker. It also mentioned Graeme Le Saux being caught out of position for one of the goals they conceded.

Also in their team are former USA captain Brian McBride, Martin Keown and Ray Parlour!!

I knew that El Tel had gone there in some capacity but didn't realise that they'd signed so many well known old gits.

They scraped a 3-2 win btw, if anyone is interested.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
NewtoN
August 13, 2012, 9:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Les Brechin
August 13, 2012, 10:00am

Quoted from NewtoN

I missed that at the time. Just surprised me to see Claudio Cannigia playing still at 45!!

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
psgmariner
August 13, 2012, 10:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Crap idea that prevents the small time players from their moment of glory in the FA Cup.

"I've always believed grassroots football is essential to the lifeblood of the game.

"So I jumped at the chance."... to take the place of one of the regular lads in return from some money from an American beer company.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Les Brechin
August 13, 2012, 10:12am

Quoted from psgmariner
Crap idea that prevents the small time players from their moment of glory in the FA Cup.

"I've always believed grassroots football is essential to the lifeblood of the game.

"So I jumped at the chance."... to take the place of one of the regular lads in return from some money from an American beer company.

Apparently, they're making some sort of reality TV programme about it. Another devaluation of the FA Cup even though I thought it couldn't really be devaluated much more.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
jock dock tower
August 13, 2012, 10:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Not a patch on the original old fogey's team             Tartan Forties, now there were some real legends in there!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wembley FC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.