This thread currently has 3,912 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
upthestripes
August 11, 2012, 6:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I just went "ah well" and then put the kettle on.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gary Haddock
August 11, 2012, 6:31pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from upthestripes
I just went "ah well" and then put the kettle on.

good man or woman lol. Mines milk with 2 sugars please UP THE MARINERS!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
STB
August 11, 2012, 6:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I made a paper aeroplane, threw in the garden and then stamped on it.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
RoboCod
August 11, 2012, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I made a paper kettle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
big bad bob
August 11, 2012, 6:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -5
I'm having a barbi and getting urine ed now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
sutton mariner
August 11, 2012, 6:53pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
I had a dump then watched the Olympics.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
80sglory
August 11, 2012, 7:06pm
Guest User
Did he say anything of interest ?
Reply: 6 - 35
aaron rattray
August 11, 2012, 9:03pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Yeah what paul or rob say?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
hertfordshire mariner
August 11, 2012, 9:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from aaron rattray
Yeah what paul or rob say?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19123962

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
acko338
August 11, 2012, 10:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
We got a point -it's a better first game than last year's result - two home games to come - hopefully Hearn back fit again - have another appraisal of how we are after those two games !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
80sglory
August 11, 2012, 11:37pm
Guest User
Agree with almost eveything he says and agree it's a decent base and a good point per se.
Think he's right he should be his own man too.
Despite Wood's blunder he played well and got no doubt it was a good decision to start him.

But  this "drop deep shut up shop" routine needs sorting once and for all if we're to be sucessful long term.
If you're on top but they're suddenly putting you under pressure, grow a pair, fight fire with fire, push on and try to take control.

Whether it works on the day or not doesn't even matter...
You'll be better off in terms of points long term and confidence will shoot up once this ridiculous "fear factor" is finally eroded.
Players need taking out their comfort zones and need it drilling into them until the penny drops.
It's not like it hasn't been the case for decades, let alone months so get it sorted once and for all and the future could be very bright indeed.
Reply: 10 - 35
Stranger in the Park
August 11, 2012, 11:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -196
Gold Stars: 8
Too many changes!! As I've said before only put new people in if it improves the team.Too many displays like this and it will soon show if wise decision have been made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
Gary Haddock
August 12, 2012, 12:26am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Alfie
Bit worried that there doesn't seem to be a reason why Miller didn't play. Odd. Best centre half we've had since Bennett imo and should be first choice by a country mile.

Also, I like Scotty, don't get me wrong, but his tone with JT in this interview and in the past genuinely irritates me. Needs to do his homework, appreciate the bloke is a ardent Town fan who's been here longer than him (and will be long after him) and stop patronising him. Nothing major admittedly here but he always seems so unnecessarily irked by even the most blatant of questions... any journalist (and JT isn't even a journalist... he's a teacher who supports Town and does this for a hobby/work on the side) wouldn't be worth his salt if he didn't ask the question about Miller & Hearn. Yet all he gets in reply is a "roll the eyes", "i'm sick of people asking" answer.

Show some class, Scott.

in Scott's defense. I think his straight talking no nonsense ways is ace and I love his atitude. he has ambition and aims high he doesn't just rolls over and tip toes round trying to please everyone and I love that. He knows what he is doing. if he didn't doubt he'd have started another season with the Mariners. and with the way people are so negative looking for faults at every move he has the right type of atitude to put them back in their place. and so he should. He reminds of managers I only ever heard of the old fationed straight talking kind that makes winners. I think he's ace and he knows that he'll prove it too. he knows as I do that as soon as we're on a run of unbeaten games everyone will all possitive again although there's always those no one can please.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
80sglory
August 12, 2012, 12:34am
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie
"i'm sick of people asking" answer.

Actually he said "fed up talking about it".

Don't mean to be pedantic, but I personally didn't take it as a go at JT.

Guess he's just trying to point out it's a team affair and the world doesn't revolve around Liam Hearn.
Think fans should realize it may take a little while for him to return.
That said, when the GET plaster a picture of him on the sports pullout with "Are you ready ?"   then perhaps fans can be forgiven for thinking he might be involved soon.

Reply: 13 - 35
headingly_mariner
August 12, 2012, 12:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,418
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from 1600

Actually he said "fed up talking about it".

Don't mean to be pedantic, but I personally didn't take it as a go at JT.

Guess he's just trying to point out it's a team affair and the world doesn't revolve around Liam Hearn.
Think fans should realize it may take a little while for him to return.
That said, when the GET plaster a picture of him on the sports pullout with "Are you ready ?"   then perhaps fans can be forgiven for thinking he might be involved soon.

Scott is clearly being a male private, had a fit hearn played alongside Cook we would have won at a canter. It was the big question and it was asked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Gary Haddock
August 12, 2012, 12:59am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Scott is clearly being a male private, had a fit hearn played alongside Cook we would have won at a canter. It was the big question and it was asked.

So now it's time to slag the managers off? good god. never win these with some fans these days, with such negative and constant blubering no wonder alot of fans have turned away. It's turned into childlike behaviour now with all the bickering. First they slag off Wood, then Pond, now the managers all because of one mistake that lead to a draw. No pleasing some people. There'll be calls for them to be sacked next.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Alfie
August 12, 2012, 1:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Gary Haddock

in Scott's defense. I think his straight talking no nonsense ways is ace and I love his atitude. he has ambition and aims high he doesn't just rolls over and tip toes round trying to please everyone and I love that. He knows what he is doing. if he didn't doubt he'd have started another season with the Mariners. and with the way people are so negative looking for faults at every move he has the right type of atitude to put them back in their place. and so he should. He reminds of managers I only ever heard of the old fationed straight talking kind that makes winners. I think he's ace and he knows that he'll prove it too. he knows as I do that as soon as we're on a run of unbeaten games everyone will all possitive again although there's always those no one can please.

Totally agree. His passion is really infectious.
However, I just think (and I must stress, at times) some of his responses toward JT have been patronising and belittling in this case and going back to last season. No need for it when the bloke is merely a fan with a microphone. If he doesn't like the bloke, just let Hurst do the interviews!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Gary Haddock
August 12, 2012, 1:49am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Alfie

Totally agree. His passion is really infectious.
However, I just think (and I must stress, at times) some of his responses toward JT have been patronising and belittling in this case and going back to last season. No need for it when the bloke is merely a fan with a microphone. If he doesn't like the bloke, just let Hurst do the interviews!

to be honest I can't stand JT either. the only one like on bbc humberside is George Ker.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
80sglory
August 12, 2012, 4:10am
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Agree it should have been asked but MP subscribers already knew the answer.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1344532559/s-0/#num8

Rightly or wrongly maybe that explains his very slight reaction at answering the same question (but he still answered it)

His edgy style might not be to everyones liking (or mine tbh) but do you prefer a straight talking honest manager who doesn't pause for thought or a PR spokesperson who gives sodomist all away ?

Much improved on last season, much ado about nothing for me.
Reply: 18 - 35
chaos33
August 12, 2012, 5:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
I agree. I thought Scott's response was tempered from last season. He said he was fed up of talking about Hearn/injury (which you can quite understand), explained that we have other players capable of scoring goals, and then said he understood the reason for asking the question. No problem I thought when I heard it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
voice of reason
August 12, 2012, 8:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Gary Haddock

So now it's time to slag the managers off? good god. never win these with some fans these days, with such negative and constant blubering no wonder alot of fans have turned away. It's turned into childlike behaviour now with all the bickering. First they slag off Wood, then Pond, now the managers all because of one mistake that lead to a draw. No pleasing some people. There'll be calls for them to be sacked next.

Erm, people aren't having a 'go' at Scott because of the result... They are saying the guy is an idiot for the way he speaks to JT... Now, I can't comment on said interview because I didn't hear it but what I can comment on is the numerous ones last season, where Scott, acted like a total nob...

Maybe, sometimes, he comes across in the wrong light but most of the time I genuinely think he is just trying to be a smart bottom and tries to belittle JT... Now what ever his issue, whether it is with JT or just humans in general, he needs to show a little more class... He maybe got away with it at his previous clubs but the higher you go, the more is expected of you and the more you are scrutinised....

Oh, and please don't give me this passion balderdash - it's just poor manners and a lack of class...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
ROKERITE
August 12, 2012, 8:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
I've just listened to Scott's interview on The BBC. I thought he spoke in a balanced and impressive manner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
cod.gtfc
August 12, 2012, 8:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Thought it was a good interview from Scott, you could tell he was fed up about talking about Hearn, but he answered it well and wasn't his usual blunt self with his answer, he was calm and gave a rather long answer to the question instead of just getting to the point and shutting up shop on it.

I agree with him though, Hearn is one man in a 20 man squad, what do you expect the manager to say? we badly miss him and he needs to get fit quickly....how would that make the other players feel?

Besides if we can't win without Hearn in the side we may as well give up now, no team should rely on one man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
voice of reason
August 12, 2012, 9:30am
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from ROKERITE
I've just listened to Scott's interview on The BBC. I thought he spoke in a balanced and impressive manner.

Yeah I have to agree, I thought the same... I'm not his biggest fan, or at least I'm not overly impressed with how he deals with certain situations but in this interview, I thought he come across pretty well,

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
BIGChris
August 12, 2012, 9:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Just listened/watched the interview on MW and dont think there was any hint of antagonism between JT and Scott.

Decent balanced interview from RS IMO
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
slide to unlock
August 12, 2012, 9:55am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Quoted from BIGChris
Just listened/watched the interview on MW and dont think there was any hint of antagonism between JT and Scott.

Decent balanced interview from RS IMO

agree...

also pleased to hear how we are not relying on just hearn. from listening to the interview think hearn has to earn his shirt this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Alfie
August 12, 2012, 10:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Having listened again with a more open mind, I've probably been a bit harsh on Scott. He was probably just a bit pee'd at the needless dropping of points hence the "tone".

Bit of a non-event then really, eh?

[img]http://gifs.gifbin.com/3204840swsw.gif[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Maringer
August 12, 2012, 12:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,786
Gold Stars: 189
I've just listened to the interview and, to be honest, I'm baffled as to why anybody thinks Shouty was rude to Tondeur?

I thought his comments were very straightforward and to the point. I'd rather hear an interview like that than a Peter Taylor-esque blatherfest where he speaks for ten minutes without actually saying anything.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Abdul19
August 12, 2012, 12:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Maringer
I've just listened to the interview and, to be honest, I'm baffled as to why anybody thinks Shouty was rude to Tondeur?

I thought his comments were very straightforward and to the point. I'd rather hear an interview like that than a Peter Taylor-esque blatherfest where he speaks for ten minutes without actually saying anything.

I'd like to hear Peter Taylor interviewed by Garth Crooks.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
springstomind
August 12, 2012, 1:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I think Scott is hilarious i was seated at Southport jist behind him and heard him say "Colbeck, get closer to the flipping byline and start trackin back. Colbeck said "I am trying to" or wirds similar to which Scott said dont try just flipping do it! He does not like bejng answered back to haha. Also funny to hear Elding say "For intercourse sake Aswad its a throw in its easy, just flipping throw it in play lmao.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
Alfie
August 12, 2012, 1:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Listening again, in the cold light of day, I was wrong. Think listening late at night, still pee'd off after that little equaliser and slightly drunk off with his selections probably blurred my judgement somewhat.

Think that's just his natural tone of voice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
chaos33
August 12, 2012, 3:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Quoted from springstomind
I think Scott is hilarious i was seated at Southport jist behind him and heard him say "Colbeck, get closer to the flipping byline and start trackin back. Colbeck said "I am trying to" or wirds similar to which Scott said dont try just flipping do it! He does not like bejng answered back to haha. Also funny to hear Elding say "For intercourse sake Aswad its a throw in its easy, just flipping throw it in play lmao.

Class. "There is no try, only do".  

I might make that Elding quote my sig.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
grimsby pete
August 12, 2012, 6:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,860
Gold Stars: 224
The first game tells you nothing,

On the down side it sounded like we got a draw when we should have won,

On the up side, we did better than last season, we are 1pt better off,

If we can keep that up to the end of the season,

We will have 46 pts more than last season and will be CHAMPIONS by a mile.  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Gary Haddock
August 12, 2012, 6:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
The first game tells you nothing,

On the down side it sounded like we got a draw when we should have won,

If we can keep that up to the end of the season,

We will have 46 pts more than last season and will be CHAMPIONS by a mile.  

I believe!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
Abdul19
August 12, 2012, 7:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from grimsby pete

On the other hand, looking at Southport away, we're 2 points worse off than last season. S & H out  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Garth
August 12, 2012, 8:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from springstomind

I was close to the bench also and found it amusing, Colbeck has a lot to say which shows his comitment to the course like Elding but to get one over Scott is imposible, I liked Elds special seat Lol,  much more classier than the bench
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post Match Reaction

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.