This thread currently has 1,490 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
oldun
August 10, 2012, 2:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Interesting how Soares is winning a few people over. I like him and I hope he does well for us this season. Might become the "steal" of last season, remember several other clubs were tracking him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
DubaiMariner
August 10, 2012, 2:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Be more interesting if he does it in a proper game! Hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
siy2k5
August 10, 2012, 3:21pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Like I said at the end of the season, he maybe just needed time to settle what with being part time, and playing in front of 5 men and a dog every other week. He must have something about him, scoring 15 goals in half a season for a struggling team. Let's hope he hits the ground running this year, he certainly looked fit and confided dnt in the pre season games I saw.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
jimgtfc
August 10, 2012, 4:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
He's something different to our other midfield options. He can play on either side of a midfield 4 or a front three, or behind a main striker. Confidence and consistancy seem to be his problem, if he can sort that out we might have a good player on our hands.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Codzilla
August 10, 2012, 5:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Remember saying to the girlfriend when she was saying how poor he was last season we would come good. You don't score as many goals as he did from the wing for Hayes and Yeading without having a bit about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
moosey_club
August 10, 2012, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from oldun
Interesting how Soares is winning a few people over.

Not me.

But happy to eat my words if he does.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
chaos33
August 10, 2012, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
I think it's exciting that we've finally got a few players who are capable of changing a game with a moment of skill or something out of the ordinary. I think Soares and Colbeck give us that, along with one or two others. We also have some players who can deliver a decent set-piece. We've been generally sh*t at corners and attacking free-kicks in recent seasons, so there's another plus.  If we can attain plenty of set-piece 'conversions' this season we'll pick up planty of 'borderline' points, and one or two flukey wins or draws too.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
kevikov
August 10, 2012, 11:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
I think he took a while to settle in the area and his missus only moved up towards the end of last season, i seem to remember RS saying in an interview. Probably in the telewag. Now his family is living up here with him, he is enjoying training much more and that confidence that comes from enjoying life is showing on the pitch. Pre-season is proof of that.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
TAGG
August 11, 2012, 3:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
I hope he comes good this season because he stank the place out last season.
We need to get a good start to the season so he needs to hit the ground running because we can't afford to keep people in the team hoping they will eventually turn out to be good players.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
oldun
August 11, 2012, 9:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I don't think he was that bad although he seemed to be a fish out of water but still showed touches of real skill. When on his game he can be an exciting player to watch and the crowd will respond, they like to see ball skill and a player not afraid to take others on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Louis Soares

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.